Problem with Wheel alignment

Obscurest

Hi folks,

I really desperately need help on my wheel alignment. I have done 3 times on the wheel alignment and all workshop fail to align for me. The last workshop tells me that spore road is slanted so bound to shift left or right. I know this is BS. But is really so tiring getting it solved so can't bother to argue anymore. Is there anything that I can do? From normal workshop to using hi tech computerized machine to align. Somemore say is latest technology and is the best and few workshop in spore has this all ended up the same issue - can't solve.

Appreciate your help.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi folks,

I really desperately need help on my wheel alignment. I have done 3 times on the wheel alignment and all workshop fail to align for me. The last workshop tells me that spore road is slanted so bound to shift left or right. I know this is BS. But is really so tiring getting it solved so can't bother to argue anymore. Is there anything that I can do? From normal workshop to using hi tech computerized machine to align. Somemore say is latest technology and is the best and few workshop in spore has this all ended up the same issue - can't solve.

Appreciate your help.

Whats wrong with ur ride?

• Praise 4

Hi folks,

Appreciate your help.

SG roads are laid with a slight gradient....for water drainage.. Edited by Roadhogger
  • Praise 2

Hi folks,

Appreciate your help.

What do you mean the workshop failed to align? Do you mean you still fail your vehicle inspection? If so, I would have gone back to the very first shop to tell them that after your "alignment" I still failed, and it would be fair that they get it fixed free since it meant they didn't do it properly the first time.

• Praise 1

Hi folks,

Appreciate your help.

Nothing to worry, this is a very minor problem that can solve by adjusting the toe angle with a side slip tester

If you like you can check out the following shops

Welltune Auto service

Blk 1018 Yishun Ind Pk A

#01-354

Tel: 9755-4064, 67554064

Attn: Mr Phua Lian Chye [email protected]

Poh Loon Auto Service

71 Frankel Ave

Singapore 458200

Attn: Mr Richard Choy

Tel : 97307286 , 64482510

[email protected]

TJ Car Care Services

Block 1010, #01-115

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159724

Tel: 6276 8567 Fax: 6276 8568

HP: 9383 3177

Email: [email protected]

Teck Choon Automtoive

2 Kranji Loop #01-07

Singapore 739538

Tel +65 63670710

Handphone +65 96713577

www.facebook.com/techchoon

Email [email protected]

Edited by Yeobh
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Yes do the side slip.

Did mine at Stamford tyres.

Had same issues after alignment.

It doesn't pull to one side after doing it.

This costs $20 at Stamford .

I got it free as part of their package

Nothing to worry, this is a very minor problem that can solve by adjusting the toe angle with a side slip tester

If you like you can check out the following shops

Welltune Auto service

Blk 1018 Yishun Ind Pk A

#01-354

Tel: 9755-4064, 67554064

Attn: Mr Phua Lian Chye [email protected]

Poh Loon Auto Service

71 Frankel Ave

Singapore 458200

Attn: Mr Richard Choy

Tel : 97307286 , 64482510

[email protected]

TJ Car Care Services

Block 1010, #01-115

Bukit Merah Lane 3

Singapore 159724

Tel: 6276 8567 Fax: 6276 8568

HP: 9383 3177

Email: [email protected]

Teck Choon Automtoive

2 Kranji Loop #01-07

Singapore 739538

Tel +65 63670710

Handphone +65 96713577

www.facebook.com/techchoon

Email [email protected]

chk w u, u mean even if computerized align until parallel will still have issue, or the crux is to toe slight out?

chk w u, u mean even if computerized align until parallel will still have issue, or the crux is to toe slight out?

Even if you set both wheel as per specifications but due to wear and tear of the tyre treads and bearings both wheels will tend to develop different amount of lateral forces. So the wheel that have the strongest pulling will tend to pull the vehicle to one side.

Front wheel Toe in angles are normally use for positive camber angle setting and for rear drive vehicle. For front drive , most vehicles have negative camber and the toe setting angles are out.

To counter the wheel rolling ( due to camber angle) away from the straight line the wheel need to have toe angle setting.

Hope this helps

PS Computerised wheel aligner cannot replace or take the place of a skill undercarriage mechanics. For toe and camber setting basically a skill mech can get it done to perfection with simple toe and camber gauge. If you want to kill a chicken use a small knife no need to use a long samurai sword.

post-272-0-86915800-1428833528_thumb.jpg

post-272-0-55960900-1428833534_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I also feel my steering wheel likes to keep slant 80% of time to the left side even after doing the alignment recently but dun seems to find outstanding wear on the tyres. Is it necessary for me to send back to the workshop to verify? Could it be other issues?

During the alignment, I have also changed my front lower arms...

Supercharged

same here, but slant very slight even after centre steering rack (not steering wheel). if very level road like mce can remain straight though.

was suspecting lower arm / ball joint but found no visible defect / crack / corrosion. x-member, stabiliser bar / link all ok.

↡ Advertisement