Sea Water leaking at MCE (Marina Coastal Expressway)

Carnoob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9KCNMdeIU

Cannot find the original movie anymore. This one not the Japanese one, but the Chinese one from the 70's that were screened in Singapore.

youtube is all jap one

the chinese voice over, dont think possible to find

last time, this one jin satki

many boys in school do similiar stunts

very fun times

found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9KCNMdeIU

Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I dunno what the big deal or big fuss is about, really?

For water leaks to occur it will usually start small and dan slowly grow to a big one. Sudden one will mean the collapsing of the tunnel is imminent you won't even have time to make it viral it will be all over the news.

Even if seawater touch the car it won't melt like those made out of paper used for lunar 7th month. Unless you are driving an open top or a cabriolet, the seawater will corrode the car's interior. Otherwise the water will dry out pretty quickly while driving.

Maybe ppl who spread the word have pretty boring life or they have nothing interesting to put on their social media that they have to make up something to spice it up.

And don't underestimate the stupidity of the masses..

If MCE really leak seawater to such extent, you think LTA won't close the expressway down? Or our news media outlet won't be reporting it?

The level of intelligence of some people (or lack of it) is really beyond comprehension. [shakehead]

All the water are most probably recycled.. aka your shit/pee water... [laugh][laugh]

No disrespect to you or the TS but I think we should also consider the following about the sprinkler activation.

1) Was it a deliberate testing? If so, no issue.

2) Was it an accidental activation? If so, how come? If it was because of a workman turning the wrong switch, ok, fair. If it was a design flaw, can it be corrected lest the activations happen more often? And if it is a design flaw, are there others, potentially dangerous ones?

I like to use MRT as an example. Last time, the train will just stop and go, track fault and so on. No one bothered because it was a minor inconvenience at most. BUT because it was ignored, it became a very big problem end 2011 when the system came to a halt.

Another example would be the dragon boaters who do not wear life jackets. Nobody raised a fuss until they suddenly drowned in Vietnam? (old case). I remember the argument that the life jackets might not have saved them as they were dragged under the pontoons but my argument was that their not wearing life jackets was symptomatic of a gung ho attitude which caused them to take unneccessary risks which led to their deaths.

In this case, it seems funny, maybe even entertaining. But if the root of the problem is something serious, and it is not corrected, then some time down the road, we can expect more things to happen.

Edited by Philipkee

Guess how people work here is to wait for serious things to happen, then they will solve the problem. If not, they would just brush it off.

• Praise 1

if really is leakage, at the pressure of such "sprinkling", cracks should long form and should be raining debris instead of just sprinkling water.

then people will have to come out answer for the billions of dollars spent to experience the 'once in 50 years' issue.

Turbocharged

No disrespect to you or the TS but I think we should also consider the following about the sprinkler activation.

1) Was it a deliberate testing? If so, no issue.

2) Was it an accidental activation? If so, how come? If it was because of a workman turning the wrong switch, ok, fair. If it was a design flaw, can it be corrected lest the activations happen more often? And if it is a design flaw, are there others, potentially dangerous ones?

I like to use MRT as an example. Last time, the train will just stop and go, track fault and so on. No one bothered because it was a minor inconvenience at most. BUT because it was ignored, it became a very big problem end 2011 when the system came to a halt.

Another example would be the dragon boaters who do not wear life jackets. Nobody raised a fuss until they suddenly drowned in Vietnam? (old case). I remember the argument that the life jackets might not have saved them as they were dragged under the pontoons but my argument was that their not wearing life jackets was symptomatic of a gung ho attitude which caused them to take unneccessary risks which led to their deaths.

In this case, it seems funny, maybe even entertaining. But if the root of the problem is something serious, and it is not corrected, then some time down the road, we can expect more things to happen.

LTA replied on twitter, a maintenance subcontractor accidentally activated the system.. but did not go into detail..

Well, at least we know the system has water in it..