Sea Water leaking at MCE (Marina Coastal Expressway)

Carnoob

Not every driver will read signs and some don't know the English language. Usually tunnel closure they will be announcements and early notice. If happen out of the blue and no one to block the entrance and redirect traffic...can't blame the drivers.

huh? there are green , amber and red "X" over each lane. if cannot understand then that akin to them not knowing basic theory and being a bloody hazard on the road.

i agree with the rest that it is the attitude. just like the daily barrage of  malaysian motorbikes that weave in and out of traffic without a care, like flies till they are "swatted" by the big trucks and then its the end.

Edited by Mkl22

Think many people here always bo chap de. Even the sign already informed drivers that road ahead is closed and yet people can still ignore and continue driving into the tunnel. Same like when announcement at MRT informed people that train is down and all passengers have to alight and yet some people still dont want to alight. [rolleyes]

A typical Singaporean attitude: we try our luck.
  • Praise 2

Waiting for you to transfer $50k to my account for downpayment leh.. I'm peasant bo lui 1. Cannot afford to change..

Everyday I eat leftover food.

Where got 50k give you?

Yup.. Quite cui.. Less than 2yrs old already rusting. They still tell me cos the chip is deep, may have hurt the base coat, blah blah blah.. Other small chips on my bonnet also rust.. Totally not acceptable. Am still waiting for KM reply and remedy action.

wow. Rust on bodywork. thought doesn't really happen with cars nowadays.

honda their paint coat is quite thin i agree. Quite easy to scratch and chip. I have many minor scratches and chips here and there.

huh? there are green , amber and red "X" over each lane. if cannot understand then that akin to them not knowing basic theory and being a bloody hazard on the road.

i agree with the rest that it is the attitude. just like the daily barrage of  malaysian motorbikes that weave in and out of traffic without a care, like flies till they are "swatted" by the big trucks and then its the end.

You will be surprised. I use the tunnel often. When lanes are marked with the red "X" some drivers dunno until last minute. I noticed a lot of taxi drivers ignore it. Dunno delibrately or too tired to notice.

I was even more surprised when I saw that the speed cameras were taped with reflective tapes(to let goondus see where the cams are) but dan still see speedsters sped pass them like the cams are not there. They see the flash dan they brake and slow.

If you are the authorities you cannot assume every one can see. There will be a small group who couldn't see/care less.

Edited by Watwheels

You will be surprised. I use the tunnel often. When lanes are marked with the red "X" some drivers dunno until last minute. I noticed a lot of taxi drivers ignore it. Dunno delibrately or too tired to notice.

I was even more surprised when I saw that the speed cameras were taped with reflective tapes(to let goondus see where the cams are) but dan still see speedsters sped pass them like the cams are not there. They see the flash dan they brake and slow.

If you are the authorities you cannot assume every one can see. There will be a small group who couldn't see/care less.

When ppl dont even bother to signal do you think they will bother about those signs?? many of such idiots on the road... 

• Praise 1

oops... I'm tuned to X means good like in the voting sheets. So will chiong to lane X where most cars tend to clear the lane & I surge ahead. try it next time, lane X is really the fastest lane

• Praise 2

Waiting for you to transfer $50k to my account for downpayment leh.. I'm peasant bo lui 1. Cannot afford to change.. 

You buy what car ah? How come needs $50k for downpayment le?  :o

wow. Rust on bodywork. thought doesn't really happen with cars nowadays.

honda their paint coat is quite thin i agree. Quite easy to scratch and chip. I have many minor scratches and chips here and there.

Thought honda is premium brand, how come their paint so thin?

You buy what car ah? How come needs $50k for downpayment le?  :o

Thought honda is premium brand, how come their paint so thin?

The thinner the paintwork is, the lighter the car is and FC.

The amount they spray is not light. The amount of paint on a car is probably a few kg in weight.

i never said honda is premium brand. But i believe most car manufacturers will go for a balance between durability and amount sprayed in order to improve the FC and weight of the car.

Edited by Lala81

The thinner the paintwork is, the lighter the car is and FC.

The amount they spray is not light. The amount of paint on a car is probably a few kg in weight.

i never said honda is premium brand. But i believe most car manufacturers will go for a balance between durability and amount sprayed in order to improve the FC and weight of the car.

I didnt say you say honda is premium brand la. What i meant is most people find honda is premium brand, thats why honda cars always priced much higher than the rest. So if premium, paintwork should not be so bad. Lol.

I didnt say you say honda is premium brand la. What i meant is most people find honda is premium brand, thats why honda cars always priced much higher than the rest. So if premium, paintwork should not be so bad. Lol.

i dunno. i never owned a conti car before, so my personal observation is just that honda/toyota cars tend to scratch quite easily when meeting usual road debris/gravel.

But i've never heard of rust...

to me, premium is the big 3 germans and above lor. i wouldn't call any mass seller or B&B brand premium.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Yup.. Quite cui.. Less than 2yrs old already rusting. They still tell me cos the chip is deep, may have hurt the base coat, blah blah blah.. Other small chips on my bonnet also rust.. Totally not acceptable. Am still waiting for KM reply and remedy action.

ya bro, saw the chips just now on your car. you should keep chasing KM for response... 

Small small chips sure have 1 la.. mini mini ones. If you inspect your car carefully should have also.. Just that mine was obvious because of the rust. Other City owners? I let them speak for themselves. Not representing them so no comments from me.

You drag the case so long.

Not scared the rust spread meh?

I was there when it happened around lunchtime on Monday. The pattern of the water was obviously from a sprinkler/fire suppressant system. No idea why morons think that it's sea water leaking. The free car wash was pretty good. The "downpour" was much heavier than the heaviest rain that i've encountered so far. Even with wipers going at full speed, you can't really see anything out of the windows. Goes to show how effective the system is in dousing fires.

Ya if seawater enter into mce. Don't think it will closed for 2 hrs only. If seawater managed to enter mce, the pressure built up can repture the tunnel and then the rest is history. Don't underestimate the water pressure build up if there is leak. Small leak can lead to bigger cracks and then lead to even bigger hole and then whole tunnel collapsed with seawater.

Plus that amount of spray is like seawater enter mce?

Actually will this damage the car since the water is sea water?

Need to go for car wash immediately if kena this seawater rain to prevent the components to rust in future?

Cannot be seawater La. How can it be? If seawater The pressure builtup will huge Sia and will be worst then what is shown on the video Lao and closure will not be 2hrs only. Most likely is sprinkler pipe burst or something, not water coming from seawater.

Seawater or just water from the sprinklers?

100% guarantee is not seawater.. Haha Edited by Yewheng

i dunno. i never owned a conti car before, so my personal observation is just that honda/toyota cars tend to scratch quite easily when meeting usual road debris/gravel.

But i've never heard of rust...

to me, premium is the big 3 germans and above lor. i wouldn't call any mass seller or B&B brand premium.

Dunno how would you consider the Mercedes A series, Audi 1 & 3 series or even the BMW 1 & 2 series as premium ? Some of these prices are quite similar to Jap brands and affordable to the masses.

Dunno how would you consider the Mercedes A series, Audi 1 & 3 series or even the BMW 1 & 2 series as premium ? Some of these prices are quite similar to Jap brands and affordable to the masses.

Consider as basic premium instead vs bnb mid entries.