• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic | 60 praises

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

slowloris25
  • Premium member
    slowloris25
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

a dream car to have, for those eyeing for outlander, sorento and xtrail. :)

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

Fabiaman
  • Premium member
    Fabiaman
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I took a look at it a couple of weeks back, it looked good. Treat it like a car that sits 5 and you will not bee too disappointed.

Since the earliest one get the car is late July even if you book now, I'm going to wait and see how the COE behaves in July before I sink my money into the car.

I have exactly the same idea. Only thing is after July 1st, the car will attract an additional $5k tax due to lower CEV rebate. So COE has to be $5k lesser from here to negate this higher tax.

The price of HSE model is at $260k... and its OMV of $61-62k, The mark is seems reasonable yes? The basic Macan is doing only $50k plus and Stuggart is asking approx $310k for it.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

Fabiaman
  • Premium member
    Fabiaman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone in this forum booked this DS yet ?

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

Icebird
  • Icebird
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Doesn't seem very popular. Haven't seen any on the road!

Was thinking getting a second X5, then this one was launched. How ... second hand X5 or new Disco Sport? Anyone checked this car out yet?

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:54 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I saw 1 or 2 on the road only uptil now..

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

this car going below cost price at 199k promo during vivo roadshow... power

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

Ocean6576
  • Ocean6576
    5th Gear
    Author Image

199k is the SE version.

225k is the HSE. Maindiff are memeroy seats, rims size, sunroof and spund system.

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

199k is the SE version.

225k is the HSE. Maindiff are memeroy seats, rims size, sunroof and spund system.

i will not pay an extra 25k for these [laugh]

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

So cheap!

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

Rliewky
  • Premium member
    Rliewky
    4th Gear
    Author Image

199k is the SE version.

wow, very competitive pricing. but what is the T&C for this pricing?

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The issue I have with the Land Rover Discovery is the price. In UK, US and Australia, it's priced similarly to a Kia Sorento and here in Singapore, it's inexplicably 50% more expensive.

And frankly, the Sorento is probably a better car from most perspectives (other than the badge). Most of the motoring press agrees (other than UK press, perhaps due to home town bias), per comparison tests below.

https://www.carwow.c...very-Sport-0258

http://www.whatcar.c...nissan-x-trail/

And Land Rover reliability is pretty notorious as well.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:50 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The issue I have with the Land Rover Discovery is the price. In UK, US and Australia, it's priced similarly to a Kia Sorento and here in Singapore, it's inexplicably 50% more expensive.

And frankly, the Sorento is probably a better car from most perspectives (other than the badge). Most of the motoring press agrees (other than UK press, perhaps due to home town bias), per comparison tests below.

https://www.carwow.c...very-Sport-0258

http://www.whatcar.c...nissan-x-trail/

And Land Rover reliability is pretty notorious as well.

the reviews are crap.

the drive that the discovery offers is miles ahead of sorento and SF.

however if one is looking for just spaces and competitive pricing, korean makes are the way to go.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:20 PM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, I have read that the handling for the Land Rover Discovery is better, but if handling was my #1 criteria, I wouldn't be getting a 7 seater SUV.

I think every vehicle has its relative strengths, and everyone must make their own assessments as to which strengths they should priortise for their own purposes. 

For me, I prefer the Sorento because of the size, the all around refinement, the FC and power of the turbo diesel and the pricing. The badge, I had quite a bit of some self convincing to get over (hence reading all the reviews). 

No doubt the Land Rover is a beautiful and desirable vehicle, but my main issues are (i) the tight 3rd row, (ii) the poor reputation on reliability (feel free to google on this - its pretty notorious) and (iii) the relative pricing (i.e. cannot get over the fact that we are paying a 50% premium over the Sorento in Singapore when its priced the same in UK, US and Australia).  

There you go

http://www.autoexpre...ufacturers-2016

http://www.autoguide...er-reports.html

http://www.autotrade...-to-know-239295

And this is just the top 3 results on google...

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I tested both, i prefer sorento. Discovery sport handling not that superior to sorento. But just that i feel discovery sport not as luxury as sorento and overall ride sorento feels better
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

forget the LR.  tested it, not bcos I wanted to but followed a hiadee to try as he was initially keen.  We walked out of the showroom n politely told the AD that we didnt like the car.

Lousy car, lousy tuning, what sports mode? huh.  its like a whale trying to move on the road.  frankly LR can do better than this, dunno why they make such a crap.

Columbian78 praised this
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

Carbon82
Land Rover’s Discovery Sport Pulls A 100-Tonne Train

The British company wanted to showcase the towing capability of the Discovery Sport with the 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel engine and the nine-speed automatic gearbox. That’s why they strapped three train carriages on it for a 10km (6.2-mile) journey in Switzerland.

With the engine producing 177hp and 430Nm (317 lb ft) of torque, the Discovery Sport has a certified towing weight of 2,500kg (5,512 lbs) but in this occasion was able to pull 60 times its own weight.

LR_DS_TRAIN_PULL_03.jpgLR_DS_TRAIN_PULL_06.jpg

LR_DS_TRAIN_PULL_08.jpg

Newbie26 praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

over the weekend there was a priority sale price $189,999

anyone booked this?

Q5 also coming soon i believe.  current q5 going similar price at 190k approx

waiting for xc60 arrive first to see their price first before deciding next ride.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

wjxdan
  • wjxdan
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

over the weekend there was a priority sale price $189,999

anyone booked this?

Q5 also coming soon i believe.  current q5 going similar price at 190k approx

waiting for xc60 arrive first to see their price first before deciding next ride.

Went but no one seems willing to entertain me.
Was told by non-SE staff that all SE were engaged and left my contact, but end of the day, still no one call.

Maybe that's the local car sale attitude.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Went but no one seems willing to entertain me.
Was told by non-SE staff that all SE were engaged and left my contact, but end of the day, still no one call.

Maybe that's the local car sale attitude.

just too bad, the SEs either with bad service or cant tell who are real customers who arent..

Newbie26, Pocy and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got diesel version now right?
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Land Rover Discovery Sport

Land Rover Discovery Sport  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mervynwm  |  3rd Gear

An EXCELLENT Discovery Sport

Test drove this new chap last weekend for a friend who is keen on getting. Looks....No more traditional boxy style and comes now is nice curvy looks with much sense of sportiness in this. Interior is a definite luxury Land Rover style w... » Read More

Land Rover Discovery Sport

Land Rover Discovery Sport  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jan75  |  Clutched

The perfect replacement for the Freelander

Moving forward from the Freelander, Land Rover's Discovery Sport is one handsome looking car. It is not only form over function with the Discover Sport. Even though I did not get to test its off-road abilities, the car was a delight to drive... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Land Rover Discovery Sport

Quick Reply

Tags: land rover and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users