2016 Honda Civic Patent Leaked

SeriousGuy

I dun think it's leaked or rather they did it on purpose.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115041992462/next-generation-honda-civic-sedan-and-coupe-revealed

Several patent design sketches of the next generation Honda Civic Sedan and Coupe have emerged onto the web.

Honda took us by surprise at the recent New York Auto Show where they introduced the rather stunning Civic Coupe concept previewing the tenth generation of the model programmed to go on sale this fall in United States. Seen here are not only the patent sketches of the production-ready coupe, but also of the sedan variant which will be a part of the new US-spec family that will also include the hatchback, Si and Type R flavors.

Unsurprisingly, the production cars won't look as aggressive as the concept but as you can see there will be many similarities and there is potential for the Type R version to look very close to the aforementioned concept. There's no rear wing on the production-ready Civics but most likely these will be offered on the more appealing Si variant. The interesting interconnected taillights (of the coupe) have been retained and should look quite interesting in the metal. Despite the additional rear doors, the sedan manages to keep a sloping roofline which enables a sleek design while the boomerang-shaped taillights are not connected like they are on the coupe.

More details about the all-new Civic will probably be released in the months to come to create a buzz until the full reveal. Honda has already announced the new Civic will have a longer wheelbase, shorter overhangs and it will be lower and wider than the outgoing model. It's getting a four-cylinder, 1.5-liter direct-injection turbo engine teamed up to a short-shifting six-speed manual and a new CVT. It will also be available with several safety and assistance systems like Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control as well as a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera.

• Praise 1

Few questions which come to my mind on this leak:

1) Is this the Asian version or the American one?

2) This concept sketch if true looks rather oversized for a 1.5l car, more suited to 2l?

3) Abit sad that Honda now goes the turbo route as they do make some of the best NA engines

previously (this strictly my personal opinion only)

We shall see but definitely an upgrade on the poorly received current model which lacks the appeal of the previous FD series.

• Praise 6

Supercharged

2) This concept sketch if true looks rather oversized for a 1.5l car, more suited to 2l?

3) Abit sad that Honda now goes the turbo route as they do make some of the best NA engines

We shall see but definitely an upgrade on the poorly received current model which lacks the appeal of the previous FD series.

they put F1 engine.

Redline 16k.

max hp 300.

prepare to see smoke when the civic launch from stationary..

[laugh]

• Praise 1

1. If i am not wrong the 10 gen civic is worldwide even for the hatchback version so could be the same design and we could get the hatchback version of civic , we got the hatchback version previously but its only available in type t if i am not wrong right?

2. pictures could be deceiving

3. agree with that but lets see if they could make the best turbo engine in the market for now? also good for road taxes

• Praise 1

Ugly to the max. Those huge front and rear overhangs, and that big sagging butt...

I thought I was looking a the epic failure Chevy Epica..

Honda still in Totally Lost Mode with this new Civic. Not sleek at all as compared to FDs...

And FDs designs dates back to 2006.

Ugly to the max. Those huge front and rear overhangs, and that big sagging butt...

I thought I was looking a the epic failure Chevy Epica..

Honda still in Totally Lost Mode with this new Civic. Not sleek at all as compared to FDs...

And FDs designs dates back to 2006.

To be honest, the ek series looks even better

• Praise 1

Going bigger is always welcomed of cos, since bigger is always better, but why Ford, GM, Hyundai, Kia and Mazda can offer good looking models with each model change?

The 2 large gaping holes in the font bumpers doesn't make the car sporty, instead it makes the front end looks very heavy and sloppy. Something you'd find in those big, tasteless bodykits on Lancer GLXi on the roads...

sigh... Looks like I will continue to stick to my FD1... No incentive to change to the next Civic.

Honda really moving backwards with its design recently.

Civic went through so many refresh, FL and drawing.. and this is the best they can come up with? No wonder not much latest gen civic on our roads.

Turbocharged

Looks much better than current one... but still not nearly as nice as the swept-up headlamps of JDM-8G.

I don't really like their current tail-light design. Much prefer the Integra-inspired one of 8G.

Body shape is nicer now though I guess, but like the others say it looks a bit big... Crazy overhangs.

Edited by 7hm

Turbocharged VTEC?

Yes 201hp 1.5L EarthDreams Turbo

Looks much better than current one... but still not nearly as nice as the swept-up headlamps of JDM-8G.

I don't really like their current tail-light design. Much prefer the Integra-inspired one of 8G.

Body shape is nicer now though I guess, but like the others say it looks a bit big... Crazy overhangs.

If u look carefully this new model taillights is nothing more than a revised FB Civic taillights. The main portion still looked the same. Those upswept tails portion... It will be a nightmare to replace if u break the taillight lens...

Turbocharged

If u look carefully this new model taillights is nothing more than a revised FB Civic taillights. The main portion still looked the same. Those upswept tails portion... It will be a nightmare to replace if u break the taillight lens...

Yea. Looks like the current one tail-lights. Which I don't like.

But overall the body shape makes me think this is a new Accord rather than new Civic.

Supercharged

To be honest, the ek series looks even better

definitely!

EK could make a lady drops her panty for a ride! [whip]

civic403_zpseafc49d5.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2