Buying Ceiling fan and lighting from JB

Yaloryalor

yeh bro,,,but not for lighting coz might get faulty and not easy to ship back and change...at least jb you can still drive over and do and exchange or top up for another similar/highend unit...

bought my 3led downlights, fans, bathroom accessories at yes, tampoi and sutera mall respectively. Save at least 50-60%...till now so far so good...the 3led downlights mimumum selling $70 over here...i bot it at RM$45 before GST kicks in...

but taobao then sea shipping cheaper than jb

yup bro either starworld or tampoi...or another bro mentioned at emart at b indah...try searching renotalk...many good lobangs shared there...

am also planning to head there to look for lights n fans for my upcoming flat. hope can get the designs i want. is tampoi the only popular place?

Edited by Berncsp76
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

trading1.sg

sea shipping is now $190 per m3

this is basically $0.95 per vkg

still more expensive if you know how to ship using taobao sea shippers

they charge i think $0.60 per vkg

actually cheaper by not much.... but jb got warranty and at least lights secured, taobao no warranty, shipping may have some breakage

• Praise 1

Remember to ask for a 2nd "receipt" if you buy a lot. :D

yah..and somehow somewhere, a thread titled "Tio saman by customs. How to appeal?" will appear after this :blink:

save so much from the currency conversion and getting GST relief for per pax travelling in the car,still want to try this method?Well, to each his own.. [cool]

• Praise 1

how r their prices for the electronic stuff? like LCD tv, fridge etc

I think for TV, local price are better. Even compare to Thailand and China (if I not wrong).

The LED lights in JB are not cheap. I visited a few light shops in JB. Some online LED light stores in Singapore have lower prices and better quality than those in JB.

Erm what type of LED lights are cheaper in SG then in JB?

every single type of LED light is cheaper in JB.

Yes singapore has more upmarket brands and wider variety.

Corresponding QC some is better as well.

trading1.sg

sea shipping is now $190 per m3

this is basically $0.95 per vkg

still more expensive if you know how to ship using taobao sea shippers

they charge i think $0.60 per vkg

JB is not that far off.

But can test on the spot whether the thing works + can go back for exchange = priceless. lol.

I think for TV, local price are better. Even compare to Thailand and China (if I not wrong).

TV definitely we are better. The malaysians buy their tv here. lol

• Praise 2

I bought lights in JB. Philips LED are 30-50% cheaper than in SG. Those T5s are a mere fraction of what you will pay in Sg.

Ceiling fans thou you have to be cautious. take note of the height. I made the mistake, end up i bought another fan from Sg, but i manged to sell the fan off at cost.

Bro, the Philips LED you bought are downlights? If yes, what is the model number you bought?

I saw locally selling the Philips downlights are at $45 and $65 (promo) respectively.

Turbocharged

Bro, the Philips LED you bought are downlights? If yes, what is the model number you bought?

I saw locally selling the Philips downlights are at $45 and $65 (promo) respectively.

I went to Tampoi lighting on Monday, Philips downlight 77113 on promotion.

77113 Philips led 58rm S$21 . lighting.com S$36

Save S$15

Turbocharged

yeh bro,,,but not for lighting coz might get faulty and not easy to ship back and change...at least jb you can still drive over and do and exchange or top up for another similar/highend unit...

bought my 3led downlights, fans, bathroom accessories at yes, tampoi and sutera mall respectively. Save at least 50-60%...till now so far so good...the 3led downlights mimumum selling $70 over here...i bot it at RM$45 before GST kicks in...

yup bro either starworld or tampoi...or another bro mentioned at emart at b indah...try searching renotalk...many good lobangs shared there...

yeah thats the risk of buying fm taobao. i even read someone's blog that he bought xtra of each item he bought in case 1 is faulty. but i think buying things like sinks n faucets is better. less chance of being faulty.

Nice to know that it is cheaper in JB but everytime I went in to buy things, my heart always pumping fast and my mind is not at ease .... [grin]

My mind was always on my car parking outside or basement car park ... [sweatdrop]

If nothing happen, then the smiles on our faces for the saving as compare to SG but if my car or even family members ever get hurt, then it not worth the saving .... [crazy]

It just take one incident and one will never want to go JB again... :ph34r:

• Praise 1

I believe mine is

66065 WHITE

CW 20 X 0.5 LED

http://www.lightings.com.sg/images/pdfs/Philips%20led%20downlight.pdf

they are selling at $60. i got it for less than $30 in JB. happen to actually chance upon the shop and its near Johor Jaya. they are a distributoir of philips lightings exact name i have to go back and find.

• Praise 1

Nice to know that it is cheaper in JB but everytime I went in to buy things, my heart always pumping fast and my mind is not at ease .... [grin]

My mind was always on my car parking outside or basement car park ... [sweatdrop]

If nothing happen, then the smiles on our faces for the saving as compare to SG but if my car or even family members ever get hurt, then it not worth the saving .... [crazy]

It just take one incident and one will never want to go JB again... :ph34r:

like that kill many cell liao, later heart attack how? [laugh][laugh]

like that kill many cell liao, later heart attack how? [laugh][laugh]

True facts, every 45 minutes to 1 hr, I would go to the car park to check my car if I ever go in JB to shop... [grin] And I always make it a point to park just outside the entrance where I don't have to walk out to check the car. -_-

Once bitten, twice shy .... [:/]

Happen to me at Malacca Markota Parade shopping centre in the 80's. Shop from other places and last stop at Markota Parade. Come out, every shopping done from elsewhere kena sweep clean inside the boot & with a broken left side front passenger window... [bigcry]

True facts, every 45 minutes to 1 hr, I would go to the car park to check my car if I ever go in JB to shop... [grin] And I always make it a point to park just outside the entrance where I don't have to walk out to check the car. -_-

Once bitten, twice shy .... [:/]

Happen to me at Malacca Markota Parade shopping centre in the 80's. Shop from other places and last stop at Markota Parade. Come out, every shopping done from elsewhere kena sweep clean inside the boot & with a broken left side front passenger window... [bigcry]

is ok one, happened to me in Hyatt singapore and gold coast dream world, as long as the car is still there and dun put valuable item in the car [laugh]

I think you refer to this link:

http://www.lightings.com.sg/downlights.html

I wan to buy square shapes donwlights. Either the 58144 or 67053.

my recommendation. Completely square downlights don't look good.

Get this square with rounded edges.

Get this from taobao from 一极喜光

DSC_0360.jpg

I'm using for my house. My BIL also bought this for his house.

I'm using 20 in my house. Bought 23. One failed on arrival.

1.5 years on, no failure since...

My BIL also roughly same fail rate.

Average cost was about $24/light after air shipping

DSC_0350.jpg

• Praise 4

I bought quite a lot of lights from lightings.sg as i like philips lights and the tampoi one don't have the types i wanted.

yup...but only hope that the logistics side don't throw the items like toys... [sweatdrop]

yeah thats the risk of buying fm taobao. i even read someone's blog that he bought xtra of each item he bought in case 1 is faulty. but i think buying things like sinks n faucets is better. less chance of being faulty.

↡ Advertisement