RS Chip Tuning

azaouogh

Hi, has anyone used this before? Any reviews? Does these chips actually increase the hp and torque?

Cars feels lighter and can't really tell the difference....would recommend ecu tuning at harmony motors

Cars feels lighter and can't really tell the difference....would recommend ecu tuning at harmony motors

ECU tuning at harmony need to have mods then better gains...

ECU tuning at harmony need to have mods then better gains...

yes, best is to do all the mods that one intend to do and ECU tuning be the last.

(edited)

Hi, I've installed RS chip to my cruze (manual) and this is so far what I've got. Definitely not much hp and torque gain for a NA engine but it surely helps to adjust and correcting the curves.

My pick up improve tremendously when I shift gear. Will monitor the fuel consumption. :)

post-138360-0-86609300-1433500712_thumb.jpg

Edited by azaouogh

Do u have the torque and hp curves for the base run without RS Chip?

Hi, I've installed RS chip to my cruze (manual) and this is so far what I've got. Definitely not much hp and torque gain for a NA engine but it surely helps to adjust and correcting the curves.
My pick up improve tremendously when I shift gear. Will monitor the fuel consumption. :)

Do u have the torque and hp curves for the base run without RS Chip?

Unfortunately I don't have it bro. Is it true that car tends to take off aggressively when its leaner? The tuner told me that AFR= about 15 and its pretty dangerous.

Your tuner measured AFR of 15:1 at which part of the run? AFR of 15:1 throughout the wide open throttle run??? That was with or without the RS Chip?

Unfortunately I don't have it bro. Is it true that car tends to take off aggressively when its leaner? The tuner told me that AFR= about 15 and its pretty dangerous.

Your tuner measured AFR of 15:1 at which part of the run? AFR of 15:1 throughout the wide open throttle run??? That was with or without the RS Chip?

AFR about 15 was at the beginning when he did the run on the dyno without the rs chip. He also mentioned there was too much air intake. Apologies for the lack of information, I am totally new to this and still learning as much as . Hence I am hoping to gain knowledge from you guys :))

After a few runs on the road today, I discovered there was a lag in gear 1 compare to before installing it and which is why he said it tend to drives more aggressively when it is leaner and my AFR before was about 15. He also saaid to give it a week to adapt.

Twincharged

Too lean,last time my tuner tuned 14:1 for my Fairlady,after just 10km of highway,the car felt rough,later tuned back to 12:1,feels better..but this type of tuning depends on different cars...Our weather is too hot,to tune too 'lean'.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I 've taken out the rs chip unfortunately it doesn't work for my car. few days after installing the rs chip Car starts to juddering in first and reverse gear. There was hesitation when I press on the accelerator compare to before installing the rs chip. I also felt that there was loss of power. Guess it doesn't work on all cars. Got back my refund and I enquired the tuner how come it doesn't work, I thought I was suppose to "feel" more power. He said once you have some mods on your continental or Korean cars, it will somehow not work instead give you more problems. However, a Japanese car with mods will have no prob with this rs chip.

U didnt actually do tons of mods to your car. The biggest power gain is probably from the headers. I doubt thats the cause of the problem with RS Chip. Nevertheless, u've got your refund back and thats a good thing.

Hi all,

I 've taken out the rs chip unfortunately it doesn't work for my car. few days after installing the rs chip Car starts to juddering in first and reverse gear. There was hesitation when I press on the accelerator compare to before installing the rs chip. I also felt that there was loss of power. Guess it doesn't work on all cars. Got back my refund and I enquired the tuner how come it doesn't work, I thought I was suppose to "feel" more power. He said once you have some mods on your continental or Korean cars, it will somehow not work instead give you more problems. However, a Japanese car with mods will have no prob with this rs chip.

What make is your car.?

He drives a Chevrolet Cruze 1.6 normal aspirated.

U didnt actually do tons of mods to your car. The biggest power gain is probably from the headers. I doubt thats the cause of the problem with RS Chip. Nevertheless, u've got your refund back and thats a good thing.

Yeah I do agree on this bro.

Anyways on a side note, I went to my regular workshop and they installed unichip and did on road tune. So far I noticed big difference compare to rs chip based on the rpm and timing when I upshift the gears. But still too early to say and conclude anything. Don't want to end up like rs chip which works only few days on my car after which caused more problems :/

I guess this shows that RS Chip doesn't do anything beneficial. Altering signals with just 4 wires isn't going to do anything. Don't waste your money on such a device. Use that money for something more useful like new performance tires.

Twincharged

I guess this shows that RS Chip doesn't do anything beneficial. Altering signals with just 4 wires isn't going to do anything. Don't waste your money on such a device. Use that money for something more useful like new performance tires.

Or just fit a Throttle controller... [lipsrsealed]