Buy VW Polo more worthwhile or Jetta?

Axela525

$11k annual dep for a bead and butter 1.4l car is ridiculous. Not decent.

Most cars today have depreciation more than $11k. I believe Even corolla also

↡ Advertisement

harlow ... many change car before 5 years old la ... that's the legendary itchy 5yrs syndrome ... lol

why ask people to wait for another 5 years?

if everyone change car at 9 years 11 months ... LTA coe projection would be as choon as tio 4D liao

Edited by Wt_know

Would you consider other cars that are getting good reviews?

Why VW? It's definitely a good brand, but will you consider other brands like Kia K3? That's within your budget. If you are looking for a sedan, then K3 fits your needs.

Supercharged

actually, if VW didn't have the DSG problem and service quality issues, it would have been great..

no other B&B cars in that category with designs that appeals as much with nice quality..

Closest to me is Mazda 3.. then again, the lines are a bit weird in some areas.. a bit like over doing on the design..

$11k annual dep for a bead and butter 1.4l car is ridiculous. Not decent.

These days, whether you like it or not; there is hardly any car whose depreciation is below $10/11k.

Even Used cars are around that and the greatest joke is 9yr old car also around there.

Ridiculous I know but no choice cos of the high COE and as for Used cars, they also cash in esp on those who can't afford the hefty downpayment of a new car.

Hopefully, this will change with the increase in COE quota and that's why like some have mentioned here, TS might want to reconsider buying for now since his car still got few years to go.

• Praise 5

These days, whether you like it or not; there is hardly any car whose depreciation is below $10/11k.

Even Used cars are around that and the greatest joke is 9yr old car also around there.

Ridiculous I know but no choice cos of the high COE and as for Used cars, they also cash in esp on those who can't afford the hefty downpayment of a new car.

Hopefully, this will change with the increase in COE quota and that's why like some have mentioned here, TS might want to reconsider buying for now since his car still got few years to go.

i bought my 1.5l car in Dec 2013, COE ending in Nov 2015. Cost me 20k (exclude insurance). PARF 9k.

i bought my 1.5l car in Dec 2013, COE ending in Nov 2015. Cost me 20k (exclude insurance). PARF 9k.

You got a good deal but if you find the same car now, I can almost guarantee that it will be more than $10k depreciation and if you do find one below that, it might be a lemon lol!!

Seriously though, just use the Depreciation calculator provided and you will see what I mean.

Guess it was very different in Dec 2013 vs 2015!

• Praise 4

Why VW? No other choice?

How come no one mention that in China (at least sure in Shanghai) most taxis are VW?

Because there was argument that Merc cannot be wrong because many Merc taxi here and Germany.

So VW also should have no problem mah?

↡ Advertisement