Buy VW Polo more worthwhile or Jetta?

Axela525

How you know that the China VWs got no problem with their DSG gearboxes?

Heck, they could even be using manual transmission for all we know.

Frankly speaking, VW is great, but not with the DSG. It's like AIDS waiting to blow up.

How come no one mention that in China (at least sure in Shanghai) most taxis are VW?
Because there was argument that Merc cannot be wrong because many Merc taxi here and Germany.
So VW also should have no problem mah?

↡ Advertisement

How come no one mention that in China (at least sure in Shanghai) most taxis are VW?

Because there was argument that Merc cannot be wrong because many Merc taxi here and Germany.

So VW also should have no problem mah?

They also not spared from the DSG problem, http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vw-officials-apologize-for-faulty-dsg-gearbox-in-china-45400.html

Heck, they could even be using manual transmission for all we know.

ya, the VW Santanas are using either manual boxes or old school unbreakable 4AT.

All of you too much!!!!!

All these news are fake!

VW is the best brand and they produce the bestest car with the bestest DSG.

All those people who complain about 7-Speed DSG are either:

1. Working for other brands

2. Hearsays

3. Jealousy

4. Never own 1 before.

Please buy more VWs. I reckon you should buy both Polo and Jetta, so if one spoils, you still can drive the other.

[inlove][inlove]

They also not spared from the DSG problem, http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vw-officials-apologize-for-faulty-dsg-gearbox-in-china-45400.html

ya, the VW Santanas are using either manual boxes or old school unbreakable 4AT.

• Praise 2

24 Feb 2015 MERCEDES BENZ CLS-CLASS (218) , E-CLASS (212)

The engine compartment seal was not fastened to the partition wall as planned, the seal might temporarily adhere to the engine hood when it is opened. In this case,the engine compartment seal might partially detach from the partition wall.

Yes this is true, I got the registered letter from C&C stating as such, but to make an appointment for this 'fix', its fully booked out for almost a month or so.. [knife]

Turbocharged

lol sorry bro, I never bother about depreciation as I'm the kind who will try to drive the car up to 10 years.

If I also drive my ride to 10 years, does it also mean I will never be bothered by depreciation?

Twincharged

IMO not worthwhile to change to either car from a lancer ex. Not an upgrade at all. Still going to a B&B car and your current car still got quite a few more years to go.

Hello all brothers, my car Lancer EX left 4 years 8 mths, wait for COE to drop or buy new car better? Thinking of VW Jetta or Polo....found out my EX 1.5 can trade in at $55k to dealer at Cars @ Expo...hope to clear my $15k loan and roll over to my new car and hopefully pay less than $1k per mth for instalment. Jetta heard $1.2 k per mth...very tight! Any advice? Both cars got any issue? Thks for feedback.

Bro in future no more evo already ...

Just mod your car like evo 10 spend good time with it.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/mitsubishi-lancer-evo-x-s-final-edition-goes-on-sale-755514

If I also drive my ride to 10 years, does it also mean I will never be bothered by depreciation?

Most of the time, yes. Lifespan of car in SG is 10 years assuming you do not renew COE so the value becomes zero.

I usually sell before 5 years, I also don't care about depreciation.. lol. Count so much for what, can afford can liao. Next car just make sure can afford can liao [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Actually these days, there is a lot of information available online I think because of government regulations, very transparent. You can search the full history, how many recalls for each make and/or model say .. for example, in the UK. You will be surprise how many recalls not widely discussed here or in the media.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

LTA limits up to only 6 months, but similar service:

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=EnquireVehRecallBulletin

On the LTA site you can see all kinds of recalls for every one of the top brands people can debate until no tomorrow ... VW, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, ... do people care ? Many people still place more trust in the art of using their bare knuckle to knock on the car body to establish a confidence in the car's safety. The alternative is to review the many safety test reports available out there.

The engine compartment seal was not fastened to the partition wall as planned, the seal might temporarily adhere to the engine hood when it is opened. In this case,the engine compartment seal might partially detach from the partition wall.

Wow thanks.. This is really informative as I wasn't aware of such data being published by LTA.

But I did have to hit "refresh" a few times on the browser as I thought there must be something wrong with LTA's data. I was expecting to see only VW on the list :D

Actually these days, there is a lot of information available online I think because of government regulations, very transparent. You can search the full history, how many recalls for each make and/or model say .. for example, in the UK. You will be surprise how many recalls not widely discussed here or in the media.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

LTA limits up to only 6 months, but similar service:

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=EnquireVehRecallBulletin

On the LTA site you can see all kinds of recalls for every one of the top brands people can debate until no tomorrow ... VW, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, ... do people care ? Many people still place more trust in the art of using their bare knuckle to knock on the car body to establish a confidence in the car's safety. The alternative is to review the many safety test reports available out there.

Looks like Jeep actually got the most recalls. Hmm...

actually, if VW didn't have the DSG problem and service quality issues, it would have been great..

no other B&B cars in that category with designs that appeals as much with nice quality..

Closest to me is Mazda 3.. then again, the lines are a bit weird in some areas.. a bit like over doing on the design..

Agreed,"IF" no DSG problem,i am the first one to get it...good power,low road tax & not too expensive.

I'm just saying I don't bother or care about depreciation of a vehicle that's all.

Most of the time, yes. Lifespan of car in SG is 10 years assuming you do not renew COE so the value becomes zero.

I usually sell before 5 years, I also don't care about depreciation.. lol. Count so much for what, can afford can liao. Next car just make sure can afford can liao [drivingcar]

My sentiments exactly! I try to make sure 10 years down the road I can afford a car and buy according to whatever resources I have that I can afford.

I'm just saying I don't bother or care about depreciation of a vehicle that's all.

My sentiments exactly! I try to make sure 10 years down the road I can afford a car and buy according to whatever resources I have that I can afford.

Yeah, just buy something that has reasonable residual value over the years in the market. Sell early also nvm. I always take money back after selling my car because I usually down 30% at least last time, until the recent one 40 or 50%. Then top up another sum buy new car upgrade again #YOLO!!!

[laugh]

They really should consider offering manual option.

Agreed,"IF" no DSG problem,i am the first one to get it...good power,low road tax & not too expensive.

They really should consider offering manual option.

No need,a Toyota or Mazda 6 speeder Auto is good enough. [thumbsup] ,a ZF 9 speeder[used in Land Rover] even better. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I also don't care about depreciation

other people's depreciation.

But I really care a lot about my own.

Who is so rich they can buy any car

they like without caring about depreciation.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4