Buy VW Polo more worthwhile or Jetta?

Axela525

Thanks for the feedback....think I wait till my loan finished at 7 years....1 and half year to go...scare I have to pay penalty....my loan from DBS....:P

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Thanks for the feedback....think I wait till my loan finished at 7 years....1 and half year to go...scare I have to pay penalty....my loan from DBS....:P

Chop!!

100% got penalty.

Not exactly penalty but rule of 78, basically means you have to pay for most of the interests even if you redeem early. You can call the bank to check exactly how much you need to pay to settle the loan. For 1.5 year left, you will likely have to pay roughly the same you would 1.5 years later, then compare with your current trade-in value and used car depreciation (1.5 years later) see which one better deal for yourself.

very chim...but thks!

Try the ford fiesta like me which is more powerful and fun to drive. Only 1.0l turbocharged engine with 100hp. I used to own a VW touran which has GB issues so I get rid of it. Like I post in Jetta 2015 thread, not worth buying a VW car. U will curse and swear later on as ur lancer definitely more reliable. Lancer is the most reliable in fact in some overseas reliability forum.

Drove a VW Polo 1.4 NA for 4 years 11 months 5 days. No issue with the 7 speed DSG. In fact, I would say the gearbox is pretty smooth. Maybe I floor it always.

My 2 issues until I change car.

1) 2 Air con vent spoilt. The interior of the vent just disintegrated.. Haha guess the plastic cannot stand Singapore weather.

2) ABS sensor spoilt. Whoever heard of ABS spoilt.

Both were repaired outside coz no more warranty.

Other than that, the car was good till I change.

Drove a VW Polo 1.4 NA for 4 years 11 months 5 days. No issue with the 7 speed DSG. In fact, I would say the gearbox is pretty smooth. Maybe I floor it always.

My 2 issues until I change car.

1) 2 Air con vent spoilt. The interior of the vent just disintegrated.. Haha guess the plastic cannot stand Singapore weather.

2) ABS sensor spoilt. Whoever heard of ABS spoilt.

Both were repaired outside coz no more warranty.

Other than that, the car was good till I change.

My friend's 5.5 year Scirocco also had the ABS sensor spoilt and like you had no gearbox concerns. Maybe it's another VW fault? LOL Probably your clutch is in good condition still cos you usually floor it instead of letting it "free-roll" before accelerating that's why your gearbox still quite okay. This is of course just my hypothesis.

Not sure what type of loan you have with DBS - floating rate or fixed rate. Normally for fixed rate, the later you settle the loan, the lower the interest you need to pay. So since now left 1.5 years, if you settle now, you will save some interest. You will not be penalised. If floating rate best still just settle the loan now.

thanks everyone for the feedback!

The Polo would be super nice if it comes with this engine

1.0 litre three-cylinder TSI EA211 – 272 PS, 270 Nm

Lastly, VW offered a preview of a high-performance three-cylinder TSI based on the existing EA211 engine. Touting the genes of the Polo R WRC’s rally winning engine, this power unit is capable of generating 272 PS and 270 Nm of torque from just one litre of displacement, thanks to a monoscroll turbocharger and e-booster. Yes, 272 PS from a 1.0 litre three-pot. “A nice example of just how much potential combustion engines still have in them,” a smiling Dr. Heinz-Jakob Neußer said.

http://paultan.org/2015/05/12/volkswagen-presents-trio-of-engines-at-vienna-new-6-0-w12-tsi-3cyl-1-0-tsi-with-272-ps-and-2-0-tdi-4v/

polo more powerful !!!

Fast forward 3:20.

Power. After hitting polis car just power forward no stop and run away. LoL...

The stunt like vege polis man even took out his mp5. I think the polo must be stolen.

Huh??? Polo fighting head on with the fiesta??? Still I settle for my fiesta as I am very satisfied with my 1st svc. Got do extra svc as well. Well end of day sporeans always go for brand and omv.

↡ Advertisement