Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Twincharged

Hi all, thanks for the comments. The current promotion is $2k difference between 1.4L and 1L. For the 1.4L variant, the power is 150ps and torque 250Nm.Not sure if it is worth going for it as the road tax and FC would be higher than the 1L variant. Unable to verify if the 1.4L is the COD type.

No replacement for displacement. Those who say no diff has never tried a bigger cc car!
  • Praise 1

Thanks Richard.

Didnât know 1 year loan is allowed. My SE said min 5 years. Really cannot trust them too much.

Didn't take any loan. But I topped up $500. Still got reverse cam. Price was $109k for SB in May
  • Praise 1

No replacement for displacement. Those who say no diff has never tried a bigger cc car!

Quite true, nothing beats the power delivery of a larger engine. And the new engine is quite a marvel in terms of fuel consumption

That said, its about what you need. In Singapore, both would likely work well in our congested traffic situation. The 1.0 gets going quite well once on the move, thought it won't win any traffic light grand prix. If your driving style is quite sedate, the 1.0 should work fine enough. For point and squirt situations, get the 1.4.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Quite true, nothing beats the power delivery of a larger engine. And the new engine is quite a marvel in terms of fuel consumption

That said, its about what you need. In Singapore, both would likely work well in our congested traffic situation. The 1.0 gets going quite well once on the move, thought it won't win any traffic light grand prix. If your driving style is quite sedate, the 1.0 should work fine enough. For point and squirt situations, get the 1.4.

well i tested the A3 sedan 1.0 when it first came out. hated the lack of throttle response. a dead spot and lag before the turbo spooled. similar feedback when i tested the 1.2 T Qashqai.

I would expect the lagging feeling of most 1-1.2L turbos to be evident as the lack of torque during the normal aspirated mode before the turbo kicks in is too pronounced.

apparently in the 1.0 turbo of the new swift this is ok. I have not yet tried. but probably the light weigh helps to mitigate this.

i would think 1.4T is the minimum to have a more linear and less laggy feel.

• Praise 1

If you are paying close to 120k for the 1.0 version, even if the top up is 10k for the 1.4 version I think it is worth it.

The additional monthly instalment will only set you back less than a 100? The road tax is not significantly different, and if the 1.4 is cylinder on demand the FC will be good.

I mean, if you are getting an Audi already I think this difference is not significant (<10%).

Unless you are comparing it with the A4, then its just maybe additional 20k, then you can just keep going on and it never ends haha.

By the way, it is a bonus if the transmission is not the problematic dry clutch version. The agent may say it is different etc. but you would want a peace of mind.

Edited by Midorima
  • Praise 2

If you are paying close to 120k for the 1.0 version, even if the top up is 10k for the 1.4 version I think it is worth it.

The additional monthly instalment will only set you back less than a 100? The road tax is not significantly different, and if the 1.4 is cylinder on demand the FC will be good.

I mean, if you are getting an Audi already I think this difference is not significant (<10%).

Unless you are comparing it with the A4, then its just maybe additional 20k, then you can just keep going on and it never ends haha.

By the way, it is a bonus if the transmission is not the problematic dry clutch version. The agent may say it is different etc. but you would want a peace of mind.

Thank you all for the valuable advice. Will test drive the 1.4L this week. 90% sure at this point will get the 1.4L. But unable to get navigation system/reverse camera from the SE. Do you guys here go for those paint protection system after getting the car? The 1.4L variant also comes with 17’’ rims but find them not so nice as compared to what we see in the brochure or ad. Probably will stick to the stocks rims as they are supposed to be of better quality than those replica rims outside. Wonder anyone also changed the rims?

Thank you all for the valuable advice. Will test drive the 1.4L this week. 90% sure at this point will get the 1.4L. But unable to get navigation system/reverse camera from the SE. Do you guys here go for those paint protection system after getting the car? The 1.4L variant also comes with 17’’ rims but find them not so nice as compared to what we see in the brochure or ad. Probably will stick to the stocks rims as they are supposed to be of better quality than those replica rims outside. Wonder anyone also changed the rims?

Hey bro

What kind of pricing are you getting for the 1.4 with COD?

Also, does the price come with the active safety features like collision prevention, lane change etc?

LED lights?

Thanks

Bro, 1.4L with COD sportback at $122,999. All variants now come with full LED lights. Additional safety features mentioned will have substantial added costs.

• Praise 2

Bro, 1.4L with COD sportback at $122,999. All variants now come with full LED lights. Additional safety features mentioned will have substantial added costs.

Pls insist on ur solar film hor. You should change your SE.

The moment he said the glass is heat insulating therefore you don't need the solar film, I write him off liao.

U tell him la, since he's wearing underwear liao, can don't wear pants anot.

S-Tronic and DSG are largely the same. As long as you don't mod your car, stop the car completely before changing to reverse, it should not prematurely wear down the gearbox.

• Praise 1

Glass insulting or whatever is rubbish la.

Just insist on the solar film. 

While we can let SE earn some profits, but doesn't mean we have to put up with this kind of rubbish excuses. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Glass insulting or whatever is rubbish la.

Just insist on the solar film. 

While we can let SE earn some profits, but doesn't mean we have to put up with this kind of rubbish excuses. 

good one.  but my car no solar film...hahah. i refuse to install as the rear glass will have wavy portions due to the demister lines. i hardly drive during the day so ok la.

good one. but my car no solar film...hahah. i refuse to install as the rear glass will have wavy portions due to the demister lines. i hardly drive during the day so ok la.

Mine no wavy lines leh.

Twincharged

Mine no wavy lines leh.

More obvious at night. All cars with demister will have, since the film can never be flat. Don’t like the very slight distortion.
  • Praise 1

If you are paying close to 120k for the 1.0 version, even if the top up is 10k for the 1.4 version I think it is worth it for a bit of $.

Hi Modorima,

It was told to me by SE that 1.0 and 1.4 for at least the Q2 is different .. something call 200 and 220 or 250 respectively and hope some learnt bros can add on.

Not sure of A3 though .. since Q2 is newer platform and if true, another good reason for the 1.4l instead of 1.0l .. no brainer.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

I had the 1.4TFSI in my B9 A4. Brisk enough yet very good FC. My routes are 80% highway 20% city and a fully filled tank was usually able to net me at least 700km (fully filled tank usually indicate 850km, I top up petrol just before fuel light comes up). Overtaking at higher speeds also wasn't an issue. It had enough grunt for up till 140-150km/h. I'm sure it will do better in a smaller, lighter car like the A3  [cool]

Hi Modorima,

It was told to me by SE that 1.0 and 1.4 for at least the Q2 is different .. something call 200 and 220 or 250 respectively and hope some learnt bros can add on.

Not sure of A3 though .. since Q2 is newer platform and if true, another good reason for the 1.4l instead of 1.0l .. no brainer.

Cheers.

Richard

It's the gearbox variant

VsAy0dL.png

↡ Advertisement