Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

I couldn't find any information on a 7 Speed DQ250..

I'm quite sure the Q2 1.4 TFSI uses DQ200 as the information is widely available.

Also on Audi Singapore, they seem to stop selling A3 1.4

Hi Bean,

Time to go test drive the A3 1.4 with advice from gaoxing that he just did so.

Congras in advance ....

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

Their so called "overtrade" is simply used to inflate your loan amount and reduce your upfront downpayment. Not exactly a discount for your trade-in car.

• Praise 2

Hi Bean,

Time to go test drive the A3 1.4 with advice from gaoxing that he just did so.

Congras in advance ....

Cheers,

Richard

Hello Richard,

I'm not actually based in SG, but like to provide advise to current or potential A3 owners as I drive a similar class.

just called audi to confirm.

when you want to trade in and ask for overtrade.

they will use the list price of $142,480. Not the promotional price of $121,199 for A3 1.4.

They say $142,480 - $20481 (This will be your overtrade) = $121,199 - your car value they take in.

abit bo hua already.

i thought is $121,999 - overtrade - car trade in = then remaining is what i pay.

tsk might as well sell my car outside and pay 121,199.

Hi GaoXing,

It is like that and not unusual... mentioned lowest price especially during promotion is already with trade-in.

If without trade-in car, there may be penalty just like specific oan or insurance conditions which sure, you have to nego cos this is way SE have avenue to make more $ especially Jap cars AD and hence they can "give" freebies of dvr, car mat etc. etc. but there are also exception during bad times for car sales beyond which needs their managers to approved ... like now.

Cheers,

Richard

Hello Richard,

I'm not actually based in SG, but like to provide advise to current or potential A3 owners as I drive a similar class.

Hi Bean,

Aaah ... got it and noted.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

The 2k upgrade to 1.4 was advertised at the previous roadshow at Suntec. Was quoted $119,999 at the roadshow for the 1.4 as the 1.0 was at $117,999. Not sure the offer still stand now. Just wait for next promo especially the audi show in october sure get the same promo or maybe even better.

• Praise 2

Hello Richard,

Yours is RS3 bro... similar class?  :a-panic:

Can we swap cars?  [:p]

I would gladly swap for a few days if it was in SG.

Just wondering how many RS3 were sold in SG? I only saw 1 on sgcarmart for sale..

Hi GaoXing,

It is like that and not unusual... mentioned lowest price especially during promotion is already with trade-in.

If without trade-in car, there may be penalty just like specific oan or insurance conditions which sure, you have to nego cos this is way SE have avenue to make more $ especially Jap cars AD and hence they can "give" freebies of dvr, car mat etc. etc. but there are also exception during bad times for car sales beyond which needs their managers to approved ... like now.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Bean,

Aaah ... got it and noted.

Cheers,

Richard

got it richard. thank you for explanation.

now if i were to sell them my car and clear my existing 2.5 years loan. i still need top about 16k for a brand new conti.

only grip, the back seats is smaller than my mazda 3.

no touch screen, no GPS, no memory seats profiling (i thought this has been a standard for conti).

shall wait it out and see. COE is very attractive now.

• Praise 1

I would gladly swap for a few days if it was in SG.

Just wondering how many RS3 were sold in SG? I only saw 1 on sgcarmart for sale..

Only saw a handful on the road... One of my friend who drives an R8 also bought the FL RS3. The matrix headlight with dynamic signal lights jin swee.

• Praise 1

Only saw a handful on the road... One of my friend who drives an R8 also bought the FL RS3. The matrix headlight with dynamic signal lights jin swee.

Saw 1 blue RS3 turning into gombak mindef last month. Very nice very loud. Hehe

Must b one of those high paying scholar generals...

Seems to be a safe driver tho, travelling beside him from west coast road. Without reving much can feel the vibrations beside, cant imagine if he press pedal all the way down. Where in singapore can test the power?

Seems to be a safe driver tho, travelling beside him from west coast road. Without reving much can feel the vibrations beside, cant imagine if he press pedal all the way down. Where in singapore can test the power?

Not many places, even the open roads here in Aust, very hard to test the power.. have to bring it to track..

Anyone has a SE to recommend? Very hard to get a response from the SE who was assigned to serve me.

I just bought A3 sportback from SE Edmund Fun, quite nice guy and knowledgeable. Can consider looking for him. Collecting my new ride in two weeks’ time. Excited!
↡ Advertisement