Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

I just bought A3 sportback from SE Edmund Fun, quite nice guy and knowledgeable. Can consider looking for him. Collecting my new ride in two weeksâ time. Excited!

Can PM me his contact? Thanks
↡ Advertisement

I just bought A3 sportback from SE Edmund Fun, quite nice guy and knowledgeable. Can consider looking for him. Collecting my new ride in two weeksâ time. Excited!

Hi mcfries,

Hurray and congras !!

1.4l or 1.0l and how much ?

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Mcfries,

Noted and tks !

Great price and I can fully understand the anxiety but excitement of new ride .. enjoy !!!

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks bro! :)

Thanks Richard! Bought 1.0L in mid Jul. 113,999 :)

Beautiful car, nice price bro

Did you consider the Golf 1.4t? Costs around the same or less. The interior isn’t as stylish but it comes with a full suite of safety features..

• Praise 1

Did you consider the Golf 1.4t? Costs around the same or less. The interior isnât as stylish but it comes with a full suite of safety features..

Hi therock,

I did consider but after asking colleague on his vw golf before I finalised , only to found out he gave up and sold it less than 2 yrs cos of twice overhaul/replacement due infamous dsg gearbox and got himself a used 6mths old bmw320 ... I also gsve up at that point.

Moreover, thinking owning the Audi A3 is bit more shiok than a vw ..lol !

Cheera.

Richard

Did you consider the Golf 1.4t? Costs around the same or less. The interior isnât as stylish but it comes with a full suite of safety features..

Thanks bro. Didn’t really consider Golf. Heard about the gearbox issues too. Hopefully no similar issues for A3. :)

Btw bros, wanna ask if anyone has any shop to recommend for moving light scuff plates or door welcome light? Or what other useful accessories to get to make the ride more enjoyable besides phone car charger. TIA!

Edited by mcfries
  • Praise 1

My SE updated me the below price:

1.0L Sportsback/Sedan - $116,999 / $118,999

1.4L Sportsback/Sedan - $118,999 / $120,999

The mere $2k price difference between the 1.0L & 1.4L version could also be due to the fact that 1.0L version attracts a $10K CEVS surcharge, but 1.4L version is $0 CEVS.

But a fellow Forumer updated he gotten his 1.0L (i presume it's sportsback) for $113,999 in July, that's a very good price.
  • Praise 2

Thanks bro. Didn’t really consider Golf. Heard about the gearbox issues too. Hopefully no similar issues for A3. :)

Btw bros, wanna ask if anyone has any shop to recommend for moving light scuff plates or door welcome light? Or what other useful accessories to get to make the ride more enjoyable besides phone car charger. TIA!

Gearbox so far so good. I am on 48K km mileage now on the facelift A3, owning it for about 1 year 8 months.

You can join our A3 Facebook group, we have a lot of poisons on mods and accessories discussed in our group. Welcome.

The 1.4T is the 125 bhp or 150 bhp version ? 

May I know what does the full safety suite contains ?

The 1.4t is more worth it. Especially if it comes with the full safety suite..
And bear in mind the sedan is made in Hungary ..

• Praise 1

Do you know the horsepower rating for the 1.4T ?

My SE updated me the below price:

1.0L Sportsback/Sedan - $116,999 / $118,999

1.4L Sportsback/Sedan - $118,999 / $120,999

The mere $2k price difference between the 1.0L & 1.4L version could also be due to the fact that 1.0L version attracts a $10K CEVS surcharge, but 1.4L version is $0 CEVS.

But a fellow Forumer updated he gotten his 1.0L (i presume it's sportsback) for $113,999 in July, that's a very good price.

Do you know the horsepower rating for the 1.4T ?

Accordingly to sgcarmart now PA listed 1.4T as option, 148bhp, very ichy to switch car again, but this new A3 only with me for 5 months.... Hahaha....
  • Praise 2