Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Good price but I am still having difficulties getting used to the slow up-shifting of the gears from 1 to 2 to 3, experiencing some jerks in between when travelling at Low speeds in carparks or jams. Anyone experiencing the same? Is it normal?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Good price but I am still having difficulties getting used to the slow up-shifting of the gears from 1 to 2 to 3, experiencing some jerks in between when travelling at Low speeds in carparks or jams. Anyone experiencing the same? Is it normal?

1.4 variant? Should have enough power, no need to manually change gears to upslope i supposed?

Autoboxes can detect speed but not slopes when it change gears, so for some smaller engines they may need to change gears manually.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanna check if anyone here has taken up the S-Line option pack? What does it include?  :slow:

u can go audi.com.sg and play around with the configurator

But i can't seem to find S line for a3

• Praise 1

Not sure leh.. My friend just bought 3 weeks ago.

113,999 for 1.4 TFSI. Free solar film/front back in car cam + reverse cam. 

Quite a good steal if you ask me.

That's why see the 106,999 now hand a bit itchy haha. 

Anyone knows?

I was told they no longer sell the 1.4 TFSI after Cars@Expo - whatever balance stock is sold and will not be bringing in anymore. 

Think the 1.4TFSI is around 8-10K more expensive - but with the 1.0TFSI being in a higher CEVS band, both variants share almost the price. That said, instead of letting us choose, they just decided 1.0TFSI is the way to go - probably because of higher margins.

• Praise 1

u can go audi.com.sg and play around with the configurator

But i can't seem to find S line for a3

It's on their official options list provided by the SE.

It's a 7K++ extra if you opt for it. There are some useful stuff on that list as well.

• Praise 1

I was told they no longer sell the 1.4 TFSI after Cars@Expo - whatever balance stock is sold and will not be bringing in anymore. 

Think the 1.4TFSI is around 8-10K more expensive - but with the 1.0TFSI being in a higher CEVS band, both variants share almost the price. That said, instead of letting us choose, they just decided 1.0TFSI is the way to go - probably because of higher margins.

If this is true then PA is turning off their potential A3 buyers.

I have test drove the 1.4TFSI  and believe many will go for it instead of 1.0 with free upgrade. 

Congrats to those got the 1.4 with free upgrade!  

• Praise 2

It's on their official options list provided by the SE.

It's a 7K++ extra if you opt for it. There are some useful stuff on that list as well.

for S line kit, u can probably get it done outside at a cheaper price and shorter waiting time

if u spec it, will be direct from factory. was told could take 4-6 mths

• Praise 1

Yeap, heard that after the cars@expo, stock for 1.4 TFSI ran out & they won't be bringing it in anymore. Now whatever A3s Audi is selling will only be the 1.0 variant :/.

• Praise 1

for S line kit, u can probably get it done outside at a cheaper price and shorter waiting time

if u spec it, will be direct from factory. was told could take 4-6 mths

Thanks mate for the info. Just curious to see what are the visual upgrades and if it's worth it.

If this is true then PA is turning off their potential A3 buyers.

I have test drove the 1.4TFSI  and believe many will go for it instead of 1.0 with free upgrade. 

Congrats to those got the 1.4 with free upgrade!  

1.4TFSI is of course the better choice, but the power and torque delivery is similar - you have to floor hard to experience any noticeable difference. 

It probably boils down to their margin and marketing for making that decision - smaller engine is cheaper to make and they can tout it as one of the engine of the year 2018.

Anyone know of any trustable and affordable source to retrofit apple car play? Just bought a 2018 A3 but SE told me they can't help to install carplay. Not sure why..

• Praise 1

Anyone know of any trustable and affordable source to retrofit apple car play? Just bought a 2018 A3 but SE told me they can't help to install carplay. Not sure why..

Can try Elebest or VAG...

• Praise 1

Have you check out the car price? Nothing is FREE ð

Hahahahha. I know.

It was selling $109k before this promo. Probably it’s gonna be the same price but different calculation to get the same price. Marketing gimmicks

• Praise 1

When in efficiency mode, the car will go into coasting mode when gas pedal is not pressed. When it coasting, it is something like free gear which saves fuel. But any views on if this function is good or bad for the engine?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1