Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

ILS = iltelligent light system?

if so, i do not think my CLA180 comes with it. Mine is Bi-Xenon. my light do go up and down when it is switched on but frankly i do not think it turn when my car turn . or rather i have never seen the light turn b4.

I think the one on A3 does turn but I can't be absolutely sure. When going down/up those carpark spiral ramp, I don't notice the beam on the side wall like my old car.

↡ Advertisement

3rd Gear

SGCM tends to be wrong or non-comprehensive when it comes to feature lists...

For Mercedes-Benz best to get a specs card from the showroom. However for Audi, Premium just gives the 100+ pages international brochure. Doesn't say much about local units' specs list...

That's really a shame. Spend so much and they don't even provide a comprehensive list of equipment. Our consumer laws on cars shake head

Turbocharged
(edited)

That's really a shame. Spend so much and they don't even provide a comprehensive list of equipment. Our consumer laws on cars shake head

If you mean for Audi, their brochure is really thick and heavy! I think it's like 110+ pages at least each. There is a long equipment list but it only shows standards and optionals for international, which means their really base models. So the problem is that I still dunno what the local units have for equipment list.

Mercedes-Benz don't have such thick brochures but C&C here also use the international one. But they did give me an A4-size specs card with local units standard equipment & optional indents.

Edited by 7hm

(edited)

If you mean for Audi, their brochure is really thick and heavy! I think it's like 110+ pages at least each. There is a long equipment list but it only shows standards and optionals for international, which means their really base models. So the problem is that I still dunno what the local units have for equipment list.

Mercedes-Benz don't have such thick brochures but C&C here also use the international one. But they did give me an A4-size specs card with local units standard equipment & optional indents.

AUDI also have a few pages of specs for singapore. But it is based on the international specs for the specified trim (in my case Ambiente) as in the brochure. The singapore specs has many more additional items than in the brochure for the trim. Edited by zerobim08

Bros,

If given a choice of 316i vs A3 and taking the price out of the equation, which will you choose? And why?

I know some bros will say A4 if 316i is to be compared with. However, to me A4 is not as nice looking compared to its A3 sibling.

Comments appreciated. Cheers.

Bros,

If given a choice of 316i vs A3 and taking the price out of the equation, which will you choose? And why?

I know some bros will say A4 if 316i is to be compared with. However, to me A4 is not as nice looking compared to its A3 sibling.

316i for me. It's the design and the badge and I think 316i is bigger with more space. Features and specs wise, I don't know much so can't comment.

(edited)

Bros,

If price is the same I think 316 would be a better value buy. It has more powerful engine and has bigger space. The only negative I can think of is the interior which looks a bit dated compared to the a3. Personally I like the exterior design of the a3 more. Not that the 316 doesn't look good but it has been out much longer so it may have become too familiar and stale.

But if money is no issue then I will definitely take S3 over the 316 anytime.

Edited by zerobim08

If price is the same I think 316 would be a better value buy. It has more powerful engine and has bigger space. The only negative I can think of is the interior which looks a bit dated compared to the a3. Personally I like the exterior design of the a3 more. Not that the 316 doesn't look good but it has been out much longer so it may have become too familiar and stale.

But if money is no issue then I will definitely take S3 over the 316 anytime.

S3 is probably out of my budget (didn't bother to check the price). I am picking out 316i and A3 from the list as I test drove both and like both with the bimmer edging ahead a bit due to the sheer stability and balance when it takes around the bend. However, I am happy to take A3 too. I managed a fun torque steer during the test drive when I went slow in fast out at a turn. :)

What surprised me most from the table is that A3 interior space isn't a lot smaller than 316i but it feels smaller than the numbers suggested.

Hmmm....

(edited)

S3 is probably out of my budget (didn't bother to check the price). I am picking out 316i and A3 from the list as I test drove both and like both with the bimmer edging ahead a bit due to the sheer stability and balance when it takes around the bend. However, I am happy to take A3 too. I managed a fun torque steer during the test drive when I went slow in fast out at a turn. :)

What surprised me most from the table is that A3 interior space isn't a lot smaller than 316i but it feels smaller than the numbers suggested.

Hmmm....

Indeed you would feel more space in 316 due to the more boxy shape. The roofline doesn't slope a much. The compartment volume of a3 is 91 cu.ft compared to 96 cu.ft of the 316. (I didn't put this measurement in the table as I was not able to get this data for many cars).

You should go for the 316i if you can get a good deal for. I would if the negotiated price was not 33k more at the time I bought A3. I just couldn't pay that much more which essentially is just the fat margin and coe (as the omv of the cars wasn't that much differenc)

Edited by zerobim08

Indeed you would feel more space in 316 due to the more boxy shape. The roofline doesn't slope a much. The compartment volume of a3 is 91 cu.ft compared to 96 cu.ft of the 316. (I didn't put this measurement in the table as I was not able to get this data for many cars).

You should go for the 316i if you can get a good deal for. I would if the negotiated price was not 33k more at the time I bought A3. I just couldn't pay that much more which essentially is just the fat margin and coe (as the omv of the cars wasn't that much differenc)

Bro,

Thanks for the insight! Now I realise that while headroom+legroom is impt, the overall compartment volume plays a big part in cabin feel.

Now, do I want to contribute to the govt coffer in another matter. It just pisses me just to pay 77k for a piece of paper. :p

Thanks Zerobim08 for your facts and figures. Simply loved them.

Bro,

Thanks for the insight! Now I realise that while headroom+legroom is impt, the overall compartment volume plays a big part in cabin feel.

Now, do I want to contribute to the govt coffer in another matter. It just pisses me just to pay 77k for a piece of paper. :p

Thanks Zerobim08 for your facts and figures. Simply loved them.

Same sentiment here. I just can't make myself pay additional 30K just to fatten the AD and govt pockets. But I read some posts recently that to say the 316 is going for cheap now. Not sure whether it is true. Or maybe clearing stocks for new facelifted model?

(edited)

Seems like the A3 is quite a popular car in Europe for 2014 just making it to top 10. The report said it knocked the bmw 3 series off the list.

http://www.best-selling-cars.com/europe/2014-full-year-europe-best-selling-car-models/

The top 10 list .... all the B&B cars...

3 series is probably the only non B&B cars ... previously in the top 10.

Edited by Civic6228

Hmmm....

316 can chip for more power but A3 cannot (legally). [:p]

but barring the above, I would take the 316 per your poser.

• Praise 1

Single trip (non-peak traffic): 21.9km/L at avg speed of 65km/h over distance of ~35km.

post-155163-0-54870200-1431307308_thumb.png

Long Term (since I got the car): 17.8km/L at avg speed of 36km/h over distance of ~5700km.

post-155163-0-73729400-1431307378.png

Accuracy: ECU overestimate about 0.3 to 0.5km/L compared to manual pump calculation.

Overall this car exceeded my expectation on fuel economy. My previous 1.6L Jap car got me around 12-13km/L on the same driving pattern. And I even turned off the irritating start-stop system which supposedly can save more fuel.

Zerobim08,

Thanks for your detailed tables. Few of the cars I shortlisted are in your lists and they helped me to analyse better too.

Did a YOLO today and booked my ride!

Thanks to other bros for your comments too.

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Zerobim08,

Thanks for your detailed tables. Few of the cars I shortlisted are in your lists and they helped me to analyse better too.

Did a YOLO today and booked my ride!

Thanks to other bros for your comments too.

Cheers!

Congrats on your purchase. Which car did you go for? Hope you got a good deal for it.