Thieves stole a road in China

nizmo89

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115043093028/thieves-literally-stole-a-road-in-china

"A couple of thieves managed to strip off the entire surface of a 410-meter road in Nantong, Jiangsu in China.

The public rural road located in eastern China was "stolen" in only two days by a couple of thieves who used an excavator and a truck to extract no less than 630 tons of concrete slabs. The massive theft was discovered by one of the villagers who contacted the police to ask them what happened to the pavement.

The police then talked to the village committee who confirmed there wasn't any plan to take off the road surface. The local authorities then checked roadside cameras to discover what happened and a farm vehicle was captured on footage as well as the driver named Gu. Talking to the police, the thief gave a rather incredible explanation: "as this road was not often used, I thought I might as well dig out some stuff and make some money."

The thieves were very quick as they managed to sell the loot to a quarry, but the police managed to catch them before splitting the money."

Funniest thing i've read so far

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1