Russia WW2 Victory Day 70th Anniversary Parade

Volvobrick

Impressive and massive display of the military hardware although i dun understand a single word of Russian language. Skipped to the 31st min to view the hardware.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
A new world order. Closer co-op between the bear and the dragon. But how to catch an eagle?

Russia and China have further solidified their growing friendship this week by making a cybersecurity pact. According to The Wall Street Journal, the two countries have sworn not to launch cyberattacks against each other. They've also agreed to an exchange not only of technologies, but also of information (such as data about cyber threats) between their law enforcement agencies. In addition, the two heads of states promised to have each other's backs and thwart any technology that might "destabilize the internal political and socio-economic atmosphere," "disturb public order" or "interfere with the internal affairs of the state" together.

• Praise 2

Now this is a good military parade:

(PS - It is almost 1 hour long....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw2bsbqycAY

Its a great post!

A grand march past... Looks like ceremonial troops from all over the world has participated in it...

A good time for world leaders to see their comparative armed forces discipline.. and china put up quite a good one

• Praise 1

Its a great post!

A grand march past... Looks like ceremonial troops from all over the world has participated in it...

A good time for world leaders to see their comparative armed forces discipline.. and china put up quite a good one

And so did Putin, who join a huge march all carrying photos of their love ones who fought the Nazi in WW2.

Putin himself was seen carrying a potrait of his late father, a soldier who survived the war with German hand grenade shrapnels still embedded in his legs.

Another interesting note is Putin was born in the same year as PM Lee in 1953....

russian-president-putin.jpg

A tank in trouble .... murphy's law

Samething happened during our 2013 NDP rehearsal.

I believe this was part of the practice, in case that Murphy Law happens on the actual day. So I gues we aren't the only who are kiasu when comes to contingency plan. [:p]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

If I am not wrong, Russia paid the highest price in term of death during the 2nd WW.

Edited by Vega

(edited)

Most impressive. Noticed that majority of the marching troops had a big toothy grin as they marched past. Guess it was a requirement given to them. Different from the Chinese stern faced style of parade.

Like many, I am more interested in the hardware though.

If I had a say, I would have arranged for the Blackjack leading the formation to accelerate and show off the wing sweep as it passed the parade.

Edited by Ake109

(edited)

If I am not wrong, Russia paid the highest price in term of death during the 2nd WW.

yes - All the more significant the event is for them.

post-128138-0-21879800-1431230595_thumb.jpg

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

both Jap and German combine killed more than 40M...... [:(]

As many starved during maos great leap forward.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

As many starved during maos great leap forward.

Many russian died under Stalin's rule too......

↡ Advertisement