ALL About BMW 3 series (ALL generation)

Mercury1

Turbocharged

The 3GT is an indent car though starts at 320 so should be least 200k + min, but to be honest the depreciation and resale for that car is very bad. Heard an associate of mine got a 2nd hand near new one for 170k (328). Suggest you go for a traditional f10 or if die die have to go 3gt consider 2nd hand?

yup. If 3-series saloon can go for $170k, 3-GT can also $170k?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

320 power by 4 cyclinder - 184/270 vs 184/290 = +20Nm

330 power by 4 cyclinder - 245/350 vs 252/350 = +7bhp

340 power by 6 cyclinder - 306/400 vs 326/450 = +20bhp & +50Nm .... but 335i sounds nicer leh ... lol

rebadge 328i to 330i ... owner sure feel more shiok [thumbsup]

But it’s under the bonnet where the LCI 3er starts to differ greatly from the pre-facelift – the new engine lineup derived from BMW’s latest modular engine family is fully Euro 6-compliant. At the base of the range sits a new 136 hp/220 Nm B38 1.5 litre petrol three-pot that powers the 318i, reducing CO2 emissions by more than 13% over the previous 316i.

Higher up, the new B48 2.0 litre petrol four-pot in the 184 hp/290 Nm 320i and the 252 hp/350 Nm 330i (née 328i) is either torquier (320i) or more powerful (330i) than before, yet it’s also cleaner and more efficient. Topping the cooking range for now is a new 326 hp/450 Nm B58 3.0 litre straight six in the 340i, replacing the current N55 unit in the outgoing 306 hp/400 Nm 335i.

New Engine though, that alot is a major change for an LCI.

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Maybe PML will offer that service for a fee LOL, do outside later void engine warranty !

Strange the 330 and 328 have same torque figures, the longer stroke should provide more low end torque, I'm not an engine expert but I wonder if a longer stroke on the new engine makes it harder to mod, I would assume the shaft being longer (and thinner) will be prone to more stress which would be bad if the boost was too high?

320 power by 4 cyclinder - 184/270 vs 184/290 = +20Nm

330 power by 4 cyclinder - 245/350 vs 252/350 = +7bhp

340 power by 6 cyclinder - 306/400 vs 326/450 = +20bhp & +50Nm .... but 335i sounds nicer leh ... lol

rebadge 328i to 330i ... owner sure feel more shiok [thumbsup]

Turbocharged
(edited)

The 3GT is an indent car though starts at 320 so should be least 200k + min, but to be honest the depreciation and resale for that car is very bad. Heard an associate of mine got a 2nd hand near new one for 170k (328). Suggest you go for a traditional f10 or if die die have to go 3gt consider 2nd hand?

SGCM bo 3GT

List price starts at 239k for 320i turismo.

Resale bad due to popularity right? lot of 5 Series GT on SGCM though.

I prefer hatch to saloon so 3GT better than saloon for me

and active wing is chio

Edited by 7hm

Turbocharged

Yeah resale is bad due to popularity, at one time sgcm had a lot of 3gt for sale rumour was the dealers slash the pricing to clear stock. For 3GT is based on the 5 series platform, that said if the car's look is what you're after its a great family car. Legroom of a 7 series with the size of a 5 series with great boot space. 5 GT ain't as pretty as the 3GT IMO

SGCM bo 3GT

List price starts at 239k for 320i turismo.

Resale bad due to popularity right? lot of 5 Series GT on SGCM though.

I prefer hatch to saloon so 3GT better than saloon for me

and active wing is chio

Supersonic

Maybe PML will offer that service for a fee LOL, do outside later void engine warranty !

Strange the 330 and 328 have same torque figures, the longer stroke should provide more low end torque, I'm not an engine expert but I wonder if a longer stroke on the new engine makes it harder to mod, I would assume the shaft being longer (and thinner) will be prone to more stress which would be bad if the boost was too high?

If the cc is the same, longer stroke usually means the torque comes earlier but also end earlier. The opposite is also true.

• Praise 1

If the cc is the same, longer stroke usually means the torque comes earlier but also end earlier. The opposite is also true.

Both N20 & B48 torque peak at the same range le.

eh you dun buy same as me hor....basket...

hahaha Bo la bo la ..... I go there for free meals . Next week I go eat at their neighbour :D

btw , your car simi color ? I want to aim the same color , if possible same number too [thumbsup]

how come it sound like my bird

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

hahaha Bo la bo la ..... I go there for free meals . Next week I go eat at their neighbour :D

btw , your car simi color ? I want to aim the same color , if possible same number too [thumbsup]

how come it sound like my bird

ok i might change to mercedes this time. This color i buying...hahahah

hearse-0.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I suppose the turbo can help assist on the higher end torque for long stroke engines, question is what happens if you add more boost against stock (I.e piggyback, Ecu remap etc) can the piston handle it? Hrmm

I would imagine it would be the same as 320 with NBT Idrive, at most would be additional sun roof and hud (big maybe) check out the sgcm for pics on the ones sold. dun think many forummers familiar with the 3gt?

what kind of equipment they load on 320i GT anyone know

(edited)

congrats on your new car ... [thumbsup]

All gurus,

what print protection you use for your new car ?

anything good abt bmw's car cam ?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

congrats on your new car ... [thumbsup]

no buy la no buy la ... you tell me about the paint protection and the cam please :nosepick:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Wah lan eh, dun torture your car please.

where can I get this paint job for BMW --> FB video

I use Revol's services, can't say for sure that the PPS is the best but so far I can easily wash the car and no stains that cannot be removed easily. The return service wowed me really feel like the car is new again.

Bmw car camera, except for the fantastic price of 800 bucks + warranty assurance nothing fantastic (some Korean oem) and a damn eyesore lol.

All gurus,

what print protection you use for your new car ?

anything good abt bmw's car cam ?

Wah lan eh, dun torture your car please.

I use Revol's services, can't say for sure that the PPS is the best but so far I can easily wash the car and no stains that cannot be removed easily. The return service wowed me really feel like the car is new again.

Bmw car camera, except for the fantastic price of 800 bucks + warranty assurance nothing fantastic (some Korean oem) and a damn eyesore lol.

ya its ex ......... they do stick a bmw logo behind though hahahaha

if you go for other cam , will it void the car warranty ? you know la , later their service team find all kind of excuses

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3