ALL About BMW 3 series (ALL generation)

Mercury1

Bmw car camera, except for the fantastic price of 800 bucks + warranty assurance nothing fantastic (some Korean oem) and a damn eyesore lol.

Hmm.that opinion is a dampener.was quoted 6xx sgd for the same by a well known workshop.Any ideas for a better car camera within 500 dollars ? Would prefer a continuous recording without chance of the car battery going kaput . TIA

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Tough question, my SE recommended some guy who installs blackvue (seems many pml people go to him). He say he installs it properly and worse case (touch wood) only battery warranty will void. But of course I know my SE quite well lah so any dai ji I will ask him help me settle. (anyway the chap also not say that cheap cost about 600 ish he did do a good job though) Blackvue + powermagic.

You need constant recording? Mine shuts down after 6 hours any more battery confirm cannot tahan. If you only need when driving connect to the 12v under the dash no warranty issues.

ya its ex ......... they do stick a bmw logo behind though hahahaha

if you go for other cam , will it void the car warranty ? you know la , later their service team find all kind of excuses

Tough question, my SE recommended some guy who installs blackvue (seems many pml people go to him). He say he installs it properly and worse case (touch wood) only battery warranty will void. But of course I know my SE quite well lah so any dai ji I will ask him help me settle. (anyway the chap also not say that cheap cost about 600 ish he did do a good job though) Blackvue + powermagic.

You need constant recording? Mine shuts down after 6 hours any more battery confirm cannot tahan. If you only need when driving connect to the 12v under the dash no warranty issues.

ohhh i see.. thanks for the feedback.

can the bmw cam do the same as your cam ? e.g. 6 hr later shut down

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I think maybe the one you went is the same one I went too? Is it near PML behind the HDB carpark?

To be honest a good camera (front back) will already set you back 300/400 bucks not to mention install + powermagic. To be super safe will be to use the Cellink B or a Lithium battery connected to the cig port for constant charge then to the camera, the external lithium battery alone should be a hundred odd. I dunno one that can do it at 500 ish but check in the camera thread.

Edited, see the below link for turbo's review.

Hmm.that opinion is a dampener.was quoted 6xx sgd for the same by a well known workshop.Any ideas for a better car camera within 500 dollars ? Would prefer a continuous recording without chance of the car battery going kaput . TIA

Nps, for the BMW camera I'm not sure but I think it has a built in circuitry to detect low voltage. The powermagic pro allows either low voltage to shut down or shut down in 6/12 hours interval.

As above @Turboflat4 wrote a good review on the cons of powermagic pro and why he choose the Cell Link B instead, just found the link check it out before you decide

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2692611-using-power-bank-with-car-cam/?p=5472136

ohhh i see.. thanks for the feedback.

can the bmw cam do the same as your cam ? e.g. 6 hr later shut down

Edited by Mercury1
  • Praise 2

I think maybe the one you went is the same one I went too? Is it near PML behind the HDB carpark?

To be honest a good camera (front back) will already set you back 300/400 bucks not to mention install + powermagic. To be super safe will be to use the Cellink B or a Lithium battery connected to the cig port for constant charge then to the camera, the external lithium battery alone should be a hundred odd. I dunno one that can do it at 500 ish but check in the camera thread.

Edited, see the below link for turbo's review.

Nps, for the BMW camera I'm not sure but I think it has a built in circuitry to detect low voltage. The powermagic pro allows either low voltage to shut down or shut down in 6/12 hours interval.

As above @Turboflat4 wrote a good review on the cons of powermagic pro and why he choose the Cell Link B instead, just found the link check it out before you decide

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2692611-using-power-bank-with-car-cam/?p=5472136

thanks again bro !

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

PPS ... check out Revol. price is steep but it depends on what you want right

Camera ... Blackvue or iTronic (i'm using). can use powermagic or battery pack.

i reckon use battery pack would be better as it gets power from ciggy connector and store power in the battery to power the camera instead of using powermagic and tap into the main power source from battery.

if you are getting f10 or f30, i think the IBS (intelligent battery sensor) will kick in and has warning for "stationary discharge" and shutdown the power even though the voltage is not low in Park mode recording.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

i reckon use battery pack would be better as it gets power from ciggy connector and store power in the battery to power the camera instead of using powermagic and tap into the main power source from battery.

if you are getting f10 or f30, i think the IBS (intelligent battery sensor) will kick in and has warning for "stationary discharge" and shutdown the power even though the voltage is not low in Park mode recording.

I love Revol. Even when my car is dirty, the paint still shine!! Anyway, i only goes back to them for car wash.

Since i have only front camera, i use battery pack. Battery pack is charged via ciggy. No issue so far.

Hypersonic

no buy la no buy la ... you tell me about the paint protection and the cam please :nosepick:

Haven't buy yet? What you waiting for?

Hypersonic

waiting for you to be back in SG lor :XD:

You want me to test drive for you har? :XD: Next week I will be back. Get ready the chio bu SE :grin:

thanks WT .. :grin:

hmm can i ask what is the difference betw revol , csII , H9 ... just the brand name ?

for you car , you charge your battery pack via car batt ? Mercury shared a post by Turbo, he got

issue with powermagic . It flat his car battery hahaha [sweatdrop]

I love Revol. Even when my car is dirty, the paint still shine!! Anyway, i only goes back to them for car wash.

Since i have only front camera, i use battery pack. Battery pack is charged via ciggy. No issue so far.

thanks for sharing Davidtch . you dont wash at petrol station ?

You want me to test drive for you har? :XD: Next week I will be back. Get ready the chio bu SE :grin:

hahaha welcome back ........... which showroom got more chio bu ? I dont see any in pml lel ......

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

hmm can i ask what is the difference betw revol , csII , H9 ... just the brand name ?

for you car , you charge your battery pack via car batt ? Mercury shared a post by Turbo, he got

hahaha welcome back ........... which showroom got more chio bu ? I dont see any in pml lel ......

I'm using blackvue. Just plug into cig lighter. Don't have powermagic as I don't really need one. Most of the time the car is parked in basement. Just need to capture road situations.

If PML no have chio bu then I'm not going. Just get the damn car. No need to test drive already :grin:

Must be that botak man .... haha

I'm using blackvue. Just plug into cig lighter. Don't have powermagic as I don't really need one. Most of the time the car is parked in basement. Just need to capture road situations.

If PML no have chio bu then I'm not going. Just get the damn car. No need to test drive already :grin:

• Praise 1

Petrol station cannot make it lah. Definitely got swirl mark.