ALL About BMW 3 series (ALL generation)

Mercury1

BMW speed limiter only limits you for a short period. if you continue to hit the accelerator, it'll let you go past the limited speed set.

Same for the cruise control. you set the speed to 90km/h and cruise,... then if you decide to overtake someone, just hit the accelerator and it'll go above the speed set. After you overtake, just release the accelerator and the car will settle back to cruise control speed set. Very useful on NS highway.

Unlike Merc, once you set the speed it stays at that speed,.. whether its limiter or cruise control.

I believe you must have hit some electronic bug. Usually you just need to turn off and on the engine to reboot, and it'll go back to normal.

merc can vary from set limit...

(edited)

Never thought of increasing the limiter, will do so tomorrow. Cheers! Although150 will probably do me fine [rolleyes]

Anyone know what these rims are?

attachicon.giftow_hook_camera_mount_front_BMW_suction_cup_435i.jpg

ka chng itchy liao right? hahaha

if u buying new rims, let me know, i might take your 18"s

can consider changing the charge and boost pipes for a start. Codewerx RBB said the stock rubber pipes will compress hard and squeeze under high pressure thus reducing power delivery. Change to aftermarket pipe much better as it won't compress under high pressure.

next month will install the charge pipe.. too busy with father duties now..

btw, newborns really love being in the car jiak hong ah?! my newborn always sleep like a pig in the car.. my solution for mid night crankiness

Edited by Rayoflight

Turbocharged
(edited)

I was tempted, then I check one of the distributors wahh one rim maybe 2K plus add tyres damn $$$$$$! I think have to wait abit longer and find something kinder on the wallet.

I thought you were discussing with the guy on bmw.sg on his rims? If I change I will confirm let you know assuming you're market for one then.

I'll probably the internals after the warranty period bro, must find ways to eke back my $$ from PML :D

You're lucky your newborn can sleep in the car woh, my first daughter can but my 2nd cannot which means someone have to sit in the rear all the time to jaga. (this also applies for the pram) I thought all newborns the same but I was wrong!

Enjoy fatherhood! [thumbsup]

ka chng itchy liao right? hahaha

if u buying new rims, let me know, i might take your 18"s

can consider changing the charge and boost pipes for a start. Codewerx RBB said the stock rubber pipes will compress hard and squeeze under high pressure thus reducing power delivery. Change to aftermarket pipe much better as it won't compress under high pressure.

next month will install the charge pipe.. too busy with father duties now..

btw, newborns really love being in the car jiak hong ah?! my newborn always sleep like a pig in the car.. my solution for mid night crankiness

Edited by Mercury1
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

at least C-class has it

I was told C-class local units from C&C no DISTRONIC... but they do have speed-regulating cruise control

Neutral Newbie

Hello gentlemen!

I would appreciate on your advises/recommendations on the following:

1) I have an offer of $20,000 for BMW 320i E90 (10 years' car; dated August 2005) in which COE priced at $75,000, to takeover after August 2015, is it worth it? (*Considerations are more to $ though)

a) How about at 5 years' COE ($35,000-$40,000)?

b) Or would you get another newer car at same price range $100,000+- (My considerations are Peugeot 308cc or Lexus IS250C)

2) I understand that some loses money after selling their car, can someone care to explain?

Hopefully to hear from you guys as I really need some advise [hur]

Thank you so much in advance!

Turbocharged

I would take the newer car, unless your an avid bmw fan. Also you are willing to risk buying and driving the car to assess issues before renewing because it might need a lot of parts replacing.

Friend e90 also going scrap soon recently AC broke down quoted 800 to replace, he decided to trade in instead

Hello gentlemen!

1) I have an offer of $20,000 for BMW 320i E90 (10 years' car; dated August 2005) in which COE priced at $75,000, to takeover after August 2015, is it worth it? (*Considerations are more to $ though)

b) Or would you get another newer car at same price range $100,000+- (My considerations are Peugeot 308cc or Lexus IS250C)

2) I understand that some loses money after selling their car, can someone care to explain?

I was tempted, then I check one of the distributors wahh one rim maybe 2K plus add tyres damn $$$$$$!

That can't be right, I asked for another model VFF101 in 19" and was quoted just under $1k each rim by O** W**. Even if you air freight in direct from US, it will be just over 4k for the whole set w/o rubbers.

MrHello, on 27 Jun 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:snapback.png

Hello gentlemen!

With 5 year COE your depreciation is 11-12k/year without maintenance. You should consider a brand new car if the 50% down is not an issue.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Cars are what is known as "depreciating asset". Car never increases in value, you will lose money on a car every year.

Buy a new car, you lose a few grand driving out of the showroom because the car has become "pre-owned" and people will not want to buy a car that has been fettered for the same price as a new one, even if only for 5km.

And then there's the fact that COE is always depreciating at flat 10% a year so every car available today has a min depreciation of $6~7k/year just on COE alone.

On the other hand, second hand market now is high demand so prices of second hand cars are high. You will never be able to sell a second hand car for more $$$ than a new one, but lots of sellers are minimizing their loss - someone sold their Mazda 3 for just $5,000 less than new price despite having it for a few months.

That's a far cry from the conventional wisdom that you "lose 15k driving out of the showroom".

Edited by 7hm

at least C-class has it

Tried on my wife's X156, yes... it now works on the new version of cruise control. I guess your C should be W205,.. because my W204 didnt work the same way.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Mercury1, Ngbernie and 7hm for replying.

I would take the newer car, unless your an avid bmw fan. Also you are willing to risk buying and driving the car to assess issues before renewing because it might need a lot of parts replacing.

Friend e90 also going scrap soon recently AC broke down quoted 800 to replace, he decided to trade in instead

@Mercury1 - Which car models will recommend to me? I always love coupe/cabriolet/convertible; hence Peugeot 308cc or Lexus IS250C (For me its Design Interior/Exterior < Reliability < Comfort < Performance)

With 5 year COE your depreciation is 11-12k/year without maintenance. You should consider a brand new car if the 50% down is not an issue.

@Ngbernie - I understand that some carshop allows 10-20% down-payment with their in-house loans (2.8%)? and any idea is there any requirements and documentations necessary for their in-house loan?

On my side, I'm considering for the latter (new car) but just wondering about their cost $ factor.

Cars are what is known as "depreciating asset". Car never increases in value, you will lose money on a car every year.

Buy a new car, you lose a few grand driving out of the showroom because the car has become "pre-owned" and people will not want to buy a car that has been fettered for the same price as a new one, even if only for 5km.

And then there's the fact that COE is always depreciating at flat 10% a year so every car available today has a min depreciation of $6~7k/year just on COE alone.

On the other hand, second hand market now is high demand so prices of second hand cars are high. You will never be able to sell a second hand car for more $$$ than a new one, but lots of sellers are minimizing their loss - someone sold their Mazda 3 for just $5,000 less than new price despite having it for a few months.
That's a far cry from the conventional wisdom that you "lose 15k driving out of the showroom".

@7hm - Could you breakdown or give a $ example for that?

Turbocharged
(edited)
@7hm - Could you breakdown or give a $ example for that?

@MrHello - what kind of breakdown example are you looking for?

Edited by 7hm
↡ Advertisement