Tiens billionaire treats 6400 staff luxury holiday in France

Janling3

(edited)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/french-massive-tour-group-china-vip-treatment-183740515.html

This is pretty cool. :)

French give massive tour group from China the VIP treatment 70225864-dbcf-4a00-827c-9fe9a930576b_RVBBy Anne Chaon | AFP News – Sun, May 10, 2015
RELATED CONTENT
  • d9852d0976d2c4165d39c87dff8df0f8467a3868View Photo

Employees of Chinese company Tiens attend a parade on May 8, 2015 in Nice, France, …

• 05ab464bf9fae11c0118371f75657e5e56cd1c85View Photo

This photo from Image Trans shows Tiens employees arranging themselves in the phrase …

• 46294eee4483f24e7c8e0bcd2427f9aee3df594eView Photo

CEO of Tiens Li Jinyuan © waves to his employees on May 8, 2015 in Nice, Franc …

The biggest-ever tour group to visit France, 6,400 mainly Chinese visitors invited by their company boss, received a VIP welcome Saturday in the southern resort town of Nice.

In the morning the luxury department store Galeries Lafayette closed its doors to all other shoppers so that the visitors could browse the aisles, and queue at the till, in relative peace.

Later, the group, 5,400 of whom arrived in France from China on Tuesday aboard 84 commercial planes, filled up the Palais Nikaia to watch the Moulin Rouge cabaret show.

They are all employees of the Chinese conglomerate Tiens, which is celebrating its 20th birthday.

Christian Mantel, head of the French tourism development agency Atout France said the authorities were pulling out all the stops to accommodate the wishes of the group, who are paying 13 million euros ($14.5 million) for the 5-13 May visit.

"And that's without counting the shopping," added Mantel.

With an average of 1,500 euros in purchases, Chinese tourists are among the world's biggest holiday spenders.

The Tiens directors have relaxed in the most luxurious hotel rooms. Less elevated employees have been treated to three- or four-star accommodation.

In the capital Paris, the group had the famous Louvre museum to themselves for a private visit on May 6 before heading south to Nice.

"We have mobilised public services as well as tourism professionals, hotels, restaurants, shops and designer brands," said Mantel.

"So far everything has gone smoothly, the feedback has been extremely positive."

The whole adventure began back in December when Atout France got wind that the Tiens boss group Li Jinyuan wanted to celebrate in style the 20th birthday of his company which operates in tourism, trade and cosmetics among other sectors.

Mantel said French authorities worked hard to narrow down his destination short-list, which had originally also included London and Rome.

Along with the Chinese visitors, there were also Russians and Kenyans in the Tiens tour group.

While in Nice, the group entered the Guinness World Records book after forming the longest ever "human phrase," positioning themselves in groups that read "Tiens' dream is Nice in the Cote d'Azur" in letters visible from the air.

Tiens CEO Li Jinyuan even took part in a parade to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.

Standing in an American jeep he smiled and saluted towards his massed co-workers in the crowd.

While the group have been getting the VIP treatment, the Tiens top dogs have gone one better with the VVIP treatment lavished on them.

On Wednesday they met up with French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius.

Fabius, who hopes France will welcome 100 million tourists this year, is well aware that "the reservoir for tourists is mainly in the Far East, particularly in China," a member of his team said.

Edited by pChou
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

...how much he spent on this tour for the employee ???

13M euros right? stated in the post. then plus shopping etc... say conservatively 1k per person. its another 6.4M euros.

13M euros right? stated in the post. then plus shopping etc... say conservatively 1k per person. its another 6.4M euros.

..thks guys..just browse thru it ..anyway bosses in this caliber ..20 mills is loose change.. but being able to do it for ALL the staffs says something a this man... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Money talks.

Many countries said they dislike China tourists behaviours but you simply cannot deny them when they have the spending power.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

one big company does it ... hopefully others might follow it ... don't know if China govt gives tax rebates for such travel for staff, I cannot imagine if FoxConn has such a tour (i heard they employ over 300K employees and had quite a high suicidal rate) but i guess it depends industry to industry level/ type of business.....etc

Hypersonic

If you are billionaire... you can do anything you want ...

Any country and any shop will open their doors to you... to do anything you want to do

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

If you are billionaire... you can do anything you want ...

Any country and any shop will open their doors to you... to do anything you want to do

Open their legs.

• Praise 3

Whilst it may be loose change to the billionaire bosses, you have to give them credit for actually forking out millions to reward their staff [thumbsup]

I know of many bosses who stinge on staff benefits etc esp when profits come down (note: not loss hor). These kind of bosses are the pits [thumbsdown] and they will be "rewarded" when their staff leave for greener pastures in next to no time!!

As for Tiens, this gesture will go a long way towards staff loyalty and Tiens will be rewarded with motivated staff who will go the extra mile, improved productivity which may eventually surpass what was forked out for this holiday, well done!!!!

• Praise 9

Twincharged
(edited)

one big company does it ... hopefully others might follow it ... don't know if China govt gives tax rebates for such travel for staff, I cannot imagine if FoxConn has such a tour (i heard they employ over 300K employees and had quite a high suicidal rate) but i guess it depends industry to industry level/ type of business.....etc

Singapore company do this ? very difficult ...

its hard to let ALL the staff of HonHai group rest for one day even - too many other small-mid companies down the line are going to be affected ... e.g. Apple ? But for the boss to reward the staff not very hard. A few years back GuoTaiMing was reported to have given each of his staff a 60" flat screen TV - pack in a flight-suit case - and delivered to the employee's homes.

Edited by Ysc3

Singapore company do this ? very difficult ...

its hard to let ALL the staff of HonHai group rest for one day even - too many other small-mid companies down the line are going to be affected ... e.g. Apple ? But for the boss to reward the staff not very hard. A few years back GuoTaiMing was reported to have given each of his staff a 60" flat screen TV - pack in a flight-suit case - and delivered to the employee's homes.

I know one boss sme, bring his staffs (about 8-9 people) to dubai jalan2 with his family as well. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I could've sworn I just posted in a thread about this. This sort of thing (about exact same topic) I do support merging.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I could've sworn I just posted in a thread about this. This sort of thing (about exact same topic) I do support merging.

You support our merger too 😂😂😂

↡ Advertisement