Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

Supersonic

My wife would rather take train/bus than to drive my car because she cannot handle the MT. Sometimes I wish she could at least drive it when I am not around else fetching the kids in the rain is no joke.

You should buy auto instead of manual back then?! Lol.

• Praise 1

I thought kids love the rain. My kids always don't want me to drive when it rains. They rather get their raincoats out and walk in the rain. Lol.

No, it's a hassle for the adult, not the kids. And my boy is only 20 months old, though my daughter is already P3.

You should buy auto instead of manual back then?! Lol.

I was on Manual, switched to Auto but happily but eventually back to MT because I just miss it so much. Clutching, rev matching and changing clogs manually is priceless, even if I shift slower than my grandma. Who cares DSG is 2 seconds faster to 100, I am still happier even if I am 5 seconds slower with my snail shifting speed -_-

• Praise 5

I thought kids love the rain. My kids always don't want me to drive when it rains. They rather get their raincoats out and walk in the rain. Lol.

There was once i went to the shop with my son and it started to rain heavily. Told my son to go ahead to play in the rain and he asked me 'can mei?'......i said....why not! The funny thing when we reached home he asked his mum....can play in the rain? Papa allowed him to play! and my wife looked at me and gave me the wtf look......😂😂😂😂😂
  • Praise 1

My M/T vios is gg to be scrap soon... cant find much alternative B&B car with Manual transmission in SG market (Only Suzuki Swift Sport n Nissan Almera)... So sad....

Mine in 2yrs time. Enjoyed my manual rides especially vios ncp 93 till date.

There was once i went to the shop with my son and it started to rain heavily. Told my son to go ahead to play in the rain and he asked me 'can mei?'......i said....why not! The funny thing when we reached home he asked his mum....can play in the rain? Papa allowed him to play! and my wife looked at me and gave me the wtf look......😂😂😂😂😂

Lol, ok ba, usually 1 strict one and the other be good one

• Praise 1

Lol, ok ba, usually 1 strict one and the other be good one

hahaha.....play good cop and bad cop! Usually i play the good cop....😂😂😂😂

hahaha.....play good cop and bad cop! Usually i play the good cop....😂😂😂😂

Lol Lucky u! So your wifey😈disapproving look is only for show only, u r still the 😇 to her

Heeheeehee

• Praise 1

Lol Lucky u! So your wifey😈disapproving look is only for show only, u r still the 😇 to her

Heeheeehee

hahaha...u know lar.....children will always love their mum no matter what......!😈😈😈😈

hahaha...u know lar.....children will always love their mum no matter what......!😈😈😈😈

No le.....the saying is

If son, closer to mum

If daughter, closer to daddy

No le.....the saying is

If son, closer to mum

i know....but very tiring lei! I prefer them closer to the mum!

Twincharged

No, it's a hassle for the adult, not the kids. And my boy is only 20 months old, though my daughter is already P3.

No wonder. My children are older. One is 5 and the other turning 2 soon. So not so bad. Rain also can have fun. Lol.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I would rather renew my current vios COE rather than buying a 2nd hand. At least i know the car conditions cause im the 1 and only driver.

Just hope when the COE quota increase, the marker become bigger and more choice is available.

Keep the vios, it's a bloody good car. Now where can find a no frills car that give 114bhp per tonne, all disc brakes, 14.5km/l fc and century Sprint of 9.8sec on a Toyota?

It's the last of it's kind, even the current 2 generations of vios can't match!

Edited by Pocus

i know....but very tiring lei! I prefer them closer to the mum!

Hehehee, happy Sunday morning! It's .......... Kids time!!!

Lol 😎😎😎

Enjoy the day! .... Before we go back to work tomorrow :(

• Praise 2

No le.....the saying is

If son, closer to mum

Not true for me, son closer to me and daughter closer to mum.

Keep the vios, it's a bloody good car. Now where can find a no frills car that give 114bhp per tonne, all disc brakes, 14.5km/l fc and century Sprint of 9.8sec on a Toyota?

It's the last of it's kind, even the current 2 generations of vios can't match!

so is the blue pocket rocket in your avatar. renewing it? [thumbsup]

(edited)

My backside itchy, went to check Toyota website. Damn, they don't bring in manual Vios anymore.. shameful..

Manual transmission for BnB cars would only be left with Nissan Almera and Hyundai Accent.

Kinda sad that it is hard to find nowadays new cars with manual transmissions.

Can anyone enlighten if one can still buy a MIT, MIJ or MIK manual transmission sedan?

Only left with Nissan Almera (MIT) and now recently introduced Hyundai Accent (MIK)

Almera comes only with front disc and rear drum bears.. Got ABS and BA but no ESC.

Accent comes with all wheels disc brakes, ABS, EBD, BA and VSC..

Manual Transmission is so much cheaper to maintain. Lesser headaches. I might want to renew COE on the 06 vios to enjoy the MT for another 5 years! Pocket not deep enough for a manual continental car

I ended up getting an Accent MT as Toyota doesn't have MT anymore.. Been driving a manual for more than a decade.

In today's traffic condition, the left knee would get worn out prematurely driving a manual....

Likewise for taking stairs, running, walking and etc

Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement