Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

Turbocharged
(edited)

The Almera rear leg room is much more spacious than the Accent... Even more spacious than Altis, Sylphy, Mazda 3, Merc C Class, Audi A3, BMW 3 Series. One of the most spacious Cat A saloon.

Rear passenger can comfortably sit cross legged.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement

The Almera rear leg room is much more spacious than the Accent... Even more spacious than Altis, Sylphy, Mazda 3, Merc C Class, Audi A3, BMW 3 Series. One of the most spacious Cat A saloon.

Ya, I sat in the showroom before. But can't get past the shape..

And rear drum brakes, no traction control and etc... I can't convince myself on that too.

My backside itchy, went to check Toyota website. Damn, they don't bring in manual Vios anymore.. shameful..

manual vios is like last time the japanese zero

faster lighter cheaper

but less body armour

• Praise 3

A bit OT,

Just went to check out a 1999 Altezza (M), beautiful car.. ready to purchase.. but cannot get approval from the Ministry of Finance !!!

Super sian.........

[bigcry]

manual vios is like last time the japanese zero

faster lighter cheaper

but less body armour

Bro, you forgot.. also noisier [cool]

A bit OT,

Just went to check out a 1999 Altezza (M), beautiful car.. ready to purchase.. but cannot get approval from the Ministry of Finance !!!

Super sian.........

[bigcry]

Bro, you forgot.. also noisier [cool]

can alwasy mask the noise with music [sly]

Remus_Exhaust_BMW_E92_M3_Race-ROUND-NG_1

Turbocharged

Don't seem to sell well. Maybe due to the spartan cockpit.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Don't seem to sell well. Maybe due to the spartan cockpit.

For most people including me it's also the exterior shape. And its rear end is like, way high up looking.

So that's two aesthetic points against it, and SGP care an awful lot about aesthetics.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

But the Accent looks really good. Especially when compared to the Almera. Just seen one yesterday.

Edited by Nzy

But the Accent looks really good. Especially when compared to the Almera. Just seen one yesterday.

Ya, for Almera, I really cannot agree with the exterior aesthetics and the lack of rear disc breaks, VSC, traction CONTROL. If I am not mistaken, Almera comes with 5 speed MT, while accent comes with 6 speed MT.

Turbocharged

Almera same like Suzuki Kizashi - hardly come across one on the road. How many Almera has been sold here since it appeared around 2013? "Not more than 500 is possible?

Twincharged

Almera same like Suzuki Kizashi - hardly come across one on the road. How many Almera has been sold here since it appeared around 2013? "Not more than 500 is possible?

I think still more successful than the Kizashi. At least I see 4 of them at my block's carpark. Kizashi I only seen 2-3 times on the roads. Lol.

Turbocharged

Of course though, Accent loses out in interior space... and brand value <_<

Twincharged

These are all B&B cars. Got brand value meh? The Accent looks alot more expensive than the Almera also.

Turbocharged

These are all B&B cars. Got brand value meh? The Accent looks alot more expensive than the Almera also.

It's korean... therefore it is automatically viewed as a lower class car... even though it is not

(edited)

It's korean... therefore it is automatically viewed as a lower class car... even though it is not

That's the general perception. But Korean cars have caught up or even surpassed Japanese makes.. Look at K3 or the legendary Genesis which can even put continental Marques to shame.

I am getting Accent. Any idea 6th speed is good for what range of speed.. All my life of driving, I have only been driving a 5 speed MT from Nissan and Toyota. Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3