Class 2 Bike Choices

BabyBlade

Class 2B - you start off with close to zero experience on a bike. Many theory lessons, evaluations, practicals before you can book your TP test.

Everyone thrashes the bike. Bike condition is bad.

By the time you're at 2A and 2, you would already have had sufficient experience on the road. Only three lessons. You've done the courses multiple times for 2B. For Class 2, condition of bikes are so much better than the other classes. Crash bar is also shorter compared to the other classes, making your life so much easier for pylon slalom.

The e-brake is fine. Usually people fish tail because of excessive rear braking.

easier said......long ago i wanted to take class 2. Kns.....1 month after showing my new wedded wife thee bike i was aiming (ZXR 750 h2) i kana 8 points and had a total of 22 points. Gave up the idea of a getting class 2 then.....now with all these new bikes...i gianz liao! Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

easier said......long ago i wanted to take class 2. Kns.....1 month after showing my new wedded wife thee bike i was aiming (ZXR 750 h2) i kana 8 points and had a total of 22 points. Gave up the idea of a getting class 2 then.....now with all these new bikes...i gianz liao!

Everytime you feel lousy about not having a Class 2, just think of @kobayashigt. It will help.

Class 2B  - you start off with close to zero experience on a bike. Many theory lessons, evaluations, practicals before you can book your TP test. 

Everyone thrashes the bike. Bike condition is bad.

By the time you're at 2A and 2, you would already have had sufficient experience on the road. Only three lessons. You've done the courses multiple times for 2B. For Class 2, condition of bikes are so much better than the other classes. Crash bar is also shorter compared to the other classes, making your life so much easier for pylon slalom. 

The e-brake is fine. Usually people fish tail because of excessive rear braking.

I still rode actively until 2013 on a DRZ.

no problems with slope, S, crank , plank should also be ok.

bumpy and E brake might have problem. Is it immediate failure ?

My dream bike is still the hayabusa or the MT09..

hahah

Internal Moderator

I still rode actively until 2013 on a DRZ.

no problems with slope, S, crank , plank should also be ok.

bumpy and E brake might have problem. Is it immediate failure ?

My dream bike is still the hayabusa or the MT09..

hahah

Bumpy course I think you have to stay on it for more than 8 seconds with the correct posture.

E-brake - as long as you don't crash it's not an immediate failure. But they can penalize you if you don't have the proper posture, and technique. That could mean possibly more than 6 points at e-brake alone.

Can't exactly remember.

@BabyBlade how's the duc coming along?

My wife-to-be is terrified of bikes because of the safety issues, so i had to negotiate a deal with her. I won't be riding on the road anymore but as a compromise i can get a track bike instead.

I've started nosing around but will buy after my house reno and moving is sorted. My mechanic has a track-prepped R1 with lots of goodies that he might let go :ph34r:

my wife (that time gf or fiance) had a few falls as a pillion. She even fall down while alighting from my bike.....

Looks like I missed your message.

The Duc has been good but my biggest gripe is the suspension. Too hard. At certain times the ride feels extremely harsh. Under hard acceleration it seems I'm gonna lose control of the bike and traction is poor when that happens.

I've yet to get it sorted out. Did some minor adjustments here and there with SBR but my guess is I'll have to custom the springs to my weight. Since suspension components are engineered for mass production doubt any other adjustments without changing the spring will work.

So have you gotten your track bike?

Generally the bikes are about 160-200kgs. rider weight can be 60 to 100kg.

unless you weight 45kg?

I'd guess the springs are optimized for 60-70kg.

My guess is that the tires may be over pressurized? maybe check the lower pressure load for bike plus rider according to your weight?

Hi, saw the class 2 bike treads and like to find out on adventure/touring bike.

These days, it is so common to see R1200G and Africa twin on the road.

I like the relax sitting posture and find it very cool to travel.

R1200GS may be too big to maneuvers the jam/traffic. Was wondering how MT-09/10 tracer which has both power and touring DNA

Edited by Tcx607

Most Jap bikes are optimised for this rider's weight range.

I happen to be in this range and very happy with my current bike's suspension in stock form, whereas I read online comments, there were too many pui chao nua comments about my bike's suspension. Guess no prize for knowing that they are mostly coming from AMKs. [laugh]

unless you weight 45kg?

My guess is that the tires may be over pressurized? maybe check the lower pressure load for bike plus rider according to your weight?

Internal Moderator

unless you weight 45kg?

Yes that's about my weight.

Get one with low CoG. Very important... Otherwise, you will be struggling with the weight at low speed and this sucks the fun out of riding.

R1200GS may be too big to maneuvers the jam/traffic. Was wondering how MT-09/10 tracer which has both power and touring DNA

Edited by Kangadrool

Yes that's about my weight.

Some suspensions have a dial to increase the stiffness of the springs by compressing it. or reducing the compression. I think you know about that.

Not sure if your Duc has that.

Its possible your bike has a shorter wheel base. makes it more maneuverable.

but the shorten wheel base could make the shocks feel it has less travel.

And the springs maybe optimized for heavier rider weight, since it is AM bike. Kangadrool did infer Jap bikes are for Asian riders. I think that theory is true.

My suspicion of the traction thing is more the tire pressure than the suspension. Hope you manage to solve that as rider confidence is important as it is with safety. 

Looks like I missed your message.

The Duc has been good but my biggest gripe is the suspension. Too hard. At certain times the ride feels extremely harsh. Under hard acceleration it seems I'm gonna lose control of the bike and traction is poor when that happens.

I've yet to get it sorted out. Did some minor adjustments here and there with SBR but my guess is I'll have to custom the springs to my weight. Since suspension components are engineered for mass production doubt any other adjustments without changing the spring will work.

So have you gotten your track bike?

Well if you go to SBR then Henry should be able to recommend proper replacements, he's one of the few mechs i've allowed to touch my bikes. I'm assuming they have already backed off the front and rear preload to the minimum.

My bike is on hold, home reno had a few issues (still not completed) and also over budget.

• Praise 1

OMG... :XD:

What ride was it?

Cbr......great bike! 400 nia and not those monsters!

Got a colleague who is thinking of letting go his bmw r1200......thinking oni....if interested i can ask for you.

Cbr......great bike! 400 nia and not those monsters!

Got a colleague who is thinking of letting go his bmw r1200......thinking oni....if interested i can ask for you.

OMG is that the same bike I owned? The 400cc Hurricane?

1229788621621_1229788792880_marquito20.j

↡ Advertisement