Singapore No. 1 in Education

Spring

Singapore voted no. 1 in Education worldwide which helps propel us to be first world country.

Whilst I won't deny this is true, I'm just wondering what price we pay for achieving this.

Pressure on our children at a young age, streaming ie segregating the children by their results, book smart children etc. Interested to know what do you guys feel, worth it? Perhaps.......

post-48108-0-92241900-1431562949_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Hypersonic

I said it before. Education in Singapore is like factory or macdonalds churning out workers. There is good and bad. Good because you get a continuous stream of workers who has the ability to work. Bad is because you get hordes of workers with similar skill set all vying for limited number of jobs. That's why FT still have a place in Singapore because we can't think out of the box.

• Praise 13

I said it before. Education in Singapore is like factory or macdonalds churning out workers. There is good and bad. Good because you get a continuous stream of workers who has the ability to work. Bad is because you get hordes of workers with similar skill set all vying for limited number of jobs. That's why FT still have a place in Singapore because we can't think out of the box.

Well said bro! I have the same thinking as well that we are like programmed robots. Good workers but not many leaders and even fewer entrepreneurs. I know this well cos I'm also cut from the same cloth :D

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

very good

now please send all these highly educated children to work as cleaners, mechanics, service staff, construction workers, maids etc

we need them in these jobs urgently

-_-

• Praise 8

(edited)

Inside the box feel safe .... -_-

Outside the box, 'people eat people' world .... :TT_TT:

and we are so soft until PRC women can scolded our police officers, we LLST ... :ignoring:

Edited by Picnic06

Well said bro! I have the same thinking as well that we are like programmed robots. Good workers but not many leaders and even fewer entrepreneurs. I know this well cos I'm also cut from the same cloth :D

well, there always some who took the red pill you know [laugh]

kgeng joul kgeng joul, jin ho jiak [laugh]

Amos-Yee-banana-CNA.jpg

Still lose to SPU... period...hahaha

9f2be9872202afa854624d7e9fd5313fb5cdb8b7

• Praise 5

(edited)

I fail to understand what some people are complaining about.

If you want your children to have an easier school life and less work load, there are many choices around Singapore which one can enrole into and cheaper too.

How about sending your kids to schools in Malaysia which is ranked 52nd on the PISA survey ?

OECD2.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue
  • Praise 1

I fail to understand what some people are complaining about.

If you want your children to have an easier school life and less work load, there are many choices around Singapore which one can enrole into and cheaper too.

How about sending your kids to schools in Malaysia which is ranked 52nd on the PISA survey ?

although all schools are good school in Singapore, you can always find a few that are not so stressful one [laugh][laugh]

if everyone also highly educated and work as management team.. then who is going to execute the task??

FT FW lor

Supercharged

well, there always some who took the red pill you know [laugh]

kgeng joul kgeng joul, jin ho jiak [laugh]

Good meh?

Wonder is there only 1 and only 1 Amos or many more Famos?

• Praise 1

although all schools are good school in Singapore, you can always find a few that are not so stressful one [laugh][laugh]

Yes, there are locals schools which caters to children with different abilities and learning rate.

The point I am making is it is really stupid to see this advantage which our education system had invested so much onm as a problem.

These people seems to forget the simple fact human resouce is all Singapore has to remain viable.

Good meh?

Wonder is there only 1 and only 1 Amos or many more Famos?

siao lang siao lang everywhere [grin]

• Praise 1

Life is short.So for me happiness is most important.When i was given a place in NUS 20 yrs ago,only about 20% of cohort able to get into local university.Now is 40-50%.So it's a bad rat race.

If you are into Medicine,Dentistry,Law,Pharmacy then of course get that degree as early as possible.For some other fields there are other routes.

And in life many roads lead to success.All you have to do is excel in it.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

A true education is not just about teaching students to give the right answers.

A true education is about teaching them to ask the right questions.

Sadly, in Singapore, asking any kind of deeply probing or meaningful question is frowned upon.

• Praise 3