Scam by Buongiorno Gamifive with SingTel as billing agent

ktnpl

The scam has spread to Singapore! Do check your SingTel bill for $24 monthly subscription to Buongiorno Gamifive. It is a scam! I have never heard of the company beforehand and have never subscribed to their service. If you have not yet been scammed, you may want to take a few minutes to call your service provider to activate Premium Rate Services (PRS) Barring Service to protect yourself from the crooks and save yourself the hassle of having to spend hours to call them to reverse the charges.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

It is still happening.....Out of the blue, a so-called "Valued Added Service" [something called iFortune] appeared in my M1 bill today dated 7 January 2018. It is for a charge of $3.21 which I had no idea how this came about. Last month the same item appeared and I called the said company on their 1-800 number but no one answer after many tries.

Exasperated, I called M1 and they agreed to waiver the charge for last month. They also helped me register for Premium Rate Service (PRS) Barring Service and they had waived the registration charge for me. This service is suppose to have stopped any 3rd party billings.

However, in this month's bill, it appeared once more and I had to call M1 and they waived it again. Hopefully, this scam will stop by this month. Failing which I just have to go let our very-free police know and find out why.

Members, be warned. It is not just SingTel but M1 subscribers are also in for this surprise if they don't bother to check their monthly bills.

post-103558-0-42757200-1515676790_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Joetanks

For such cases is there anything the subscriber must do before the telco is able to charge the fee to the subscriber? Like answer a missed call, or click on a sms, or reply to a msg or something?

Or is it the case that the subscriber did absolutely nothing and yet the telco bill him?

Is the scammer a client of the telco for payment collection services? Or is the scammer some other telcos client and the cliwnt’s Telco is being. Billed by the scammer’s telco and is passing it to the client?

↡ Advertisement