Which brand of tyres for my Estima?

Extremme

so what brand of tyres you all recommed for using it? bcuz i also need to service my car in this week

let share with

first of all best stick to your original stock tire size 225/50/18 (7 inch width wheel)

yokohama / Michelin / continental / toyo (I think is also available) etc / Pirelli  

check with your regular shop and I believe he is willing to help you source this size.

do note that some estima equipped with 215/55/17 / 215/60/17(hybrid version) from stock, please check

↡ Advertisement

my frend use viking pro tech for his estima,

i heard the price is much cheaper than premium tyre.

maybe u can try to ask from the shop.

you are rite the viking tyres that u mention is eco type of tyres so the price is sightly cheaper than premium tyres

based on my experience this quality of viking tyres quite long for using and had good performance on driving

maybe u can try to use it 

Neutral Newbie

which model u frend use? izzit PT5/215/55/17,

i saw the price on lazada yesterday, 

cheaper than michelin and others premium tyres.

hv u ever buy tyres from lazada? can be trusted or not?

i scared to buy even though price really cheaper than tyres shop.

viking tyres that you mentioned is what kind of tyre? eco type?

eco tyre means budget tyre? 

but so far heard viking not bad lah,

same company with conti.

same company with conti.

Eco Tyres not say budget Tyres but more to fuel savings due to the compound and rolling resistance, plus these Tyres can run longer milage before it get bold. This Tyres cannot be used for tracking, normal street driving and highway cruising is already good enough. Aka suitable for drivers who is not fast and furious and keep to speed limit. Edited by Yewheng

Eco Tyres not say budget Tyres but more to fuel savings due to the compound and rolling resistance, plus these Tyres can run longer milage before it get bold. This Tyres cannot be used for tracking, normal street driving and highway cruising is already good enough. Aka suitable for drivers who is not fast and furious and keep to speed limit.

haha, i never use eco tyre, 

now only i know the different, thanks for sharing gd info :a-m1212:

i think the viking is budget tyre not eco tyre,

becoz that brand is popular with lower price.

viking tyres that you mentioned is what kind of tyre? eco type?

Viking tire is a budget tire also have 2 types in malaysia. Pro-tech and City tech. So basically viking is a brand of continental ag developed in Germany and manufactured in Europe. Haha. 

same company with conti.

Yup Viking and Conti is same company . Im using viking so far until now my tire didnt get any problem. Also Viking tire is not expensive and the quality good enaf. :D

Eco Tyres not say budget Tyres but more to fuel savings due to the compound and rolling resistance, plus these Tyres can run longer milage before it get bold. This Tyres cannot be used for tracking, normal street driving and highway cruising is already good enough. Aka suitable for drivers who is not fast and furious and keep to speed limit.

What a good knowledge. Im using Viking is not only find a cheaper one. Also tire safety while driving on high mileage . Currently im using Pro-tech Viking. This tire make me more comfort while handling in dry and wet conditions. 

haha, i never use eco tyre, 

now only i know the different, thanks for sharing gd info :a-m1212:

i think the viking is budget tyre not eco tyre,

becoz that brand is popular with lower price.

ECO  tire generally is designed for Longer mileage , low fuel consumption but not necessary low price.

You can also find a Performance tire which is ECO designed.

So if I dont want to change rim then I have to stick to 225 as recommended? But if I want to change to 215/55/17, I will have to change all 4 tyres plus the rim [smallcry] [smallcry]

DSC_0027.jpg

Hi, i am thinking of changing my Estima Tyre to Michelin Primacy 4,but unsure if it is available in sizes recommended by manufacturer. Has anyone tried this Tyre on their estima?

label shown (most car have this ) is Factory (car manufacturer) tire size and pressure recommendations or Approved tire sizes.

Is bascially for Owners does not know what tire size to use or Upsize.

I persoanlly believe is OK to have little bigger size (not smaller) at your own preference , same for tire pressure in gerneral higher pressure produces better Mileage (Fuel).

notice the Letter after the 2 digits ? H or V = speed rating = generally not very important for most Swdan car here,

H= max speed = 210km/h

V=max speed=240km/h

V is not better than H if you have same Brand same Medel same Size

215/60/16 and 215/55/17 plenty(40+) of Choice in the market

225/50/18  is getting popular I think easily 10 types in the markets.

for 18inch original wheel best stick to 225/50/18 because of your wheel width (7inch)

if you are running on wider 7.5 or 8 inch 235/50/18 is ok with certain wheel offset , seen some running on 225/45/18 to be is look too small , better use 235/45/18 than 225/45/18

just MHO

Hi, i am thinking of changing my Estima Tyre to Michelin Primacy 4,but unsure if it is available in sizes recommended by manufacturer. Has anyone tried this Tyre on their estima?

why so funny one.  As the tyre size increases, they recommended tyre pressure is lower! 

label shown (most car have this ) is Factory (car manufacturer) tire size and pressure recommendations or Approved tire sizes.

I persoanlly believe is OK to have little bigger size (not smaller) at your own preference , same for tire pressure in gerneral higher pressure produces better Mileage (Fuel).

notice the Letter after the 2 digits ? H or V = speed rating = generally not very important for most Swdan car here,

H= max speed = 210km/h

V=max speed=240km/h

225/50/18 is getting popular I think easily 10 types in the markets.

for 18inch original wheel best stick to 225/50/18 because of your wheel width (7inch)

if you are running on wider 7.5 or 8 inch 235/50/18 is ok with certain wheel offset , seen some running on 225/45/18 to be is look too small , better use 235/45/18 than 225/45/18

just MHO

Hi Roberttan, thanks for the great advice.

I just realized my estima recommended Tyre is only:

205/65R16

215/55R17

Would your recommendation be different?

I find it strange why my recommended Tyre size differ from that Estima tye size photo posted by "Extreme".

H= max speed = 210km/h

V=max speed=240km/h

225/50/18 is getting popular I think easily 10 types in the markets.

just MHO

Hi Roberttan, thanks for the great advice.

I just realized my estima recommended Tyre is only:

205/65R16

215/55R17

Would your recommendation be different?

I find it strange why my recommended Tyre size differ from that Estima tye size photo posted by "Extreme".

Edited by SkywalkerTY

Skywalkerty

i am curious too, base on my understanding there are many diff varians or model for toyota Estima (can anyone here enlighten me?)

Most car they have this Tire pressure Placard stick some where which provide info about tire pressure and tire sizes approved by the Car Manufacturers.

My perosnal POV is use them as a General Guide line only , if you are Worry just follower accordingly, otherwise is OK or acceptable to have little bigger most of the time , do take note of the Load index numbers (2 digit numbers after the tire size 95H or 93V) especially you are always heavily loaded.

As for the Letter after the Load index (letter H or V =speed rating) which is not very important here in our Country

I believe most of car here do not go faster 210km/h? 

Skywalkerty

i am curious too, base on my understanding there are many diff varians or model for toyota Estima (can anyone here enlighten me?)

Most car they have this Tire pressure Placard stick some where which provide info about tire pressure and tire sizes approved by the Car Manufacturers.

My perosnal POV is use them as a General Guide line only , if you are Worry just follower accordingly, otherwise is OK or acceptable to have little bigger most of the time , do take note of the Load index numbers (2 digit numbers after the tire size 95H or 93V) especially you are always heavily loaded.

As for the Letter after the Load index (letter H or V =speed rating) which is not very important here in our Country

I believe most of car here do not go faster 210km/h?

Thanks for your helpful advise.

As my estima recommended Tyre height is 65R16, I can only find smaller tyre height of 60R16 or 55R16 and not bigger as suggested.

Luckily, after asking around for few days, I finally manage to find the recommended uncommon Tyre size(205/65R16) for Michelin Primacy 4 at Soh Brothers workshop and will be changing Tyre tomorow.

Thanks for your helpful advise.

As my estima recommended Tyre height is 65R16, I can only find smaller tyre height of 60R16 or 55R16 and not bigger as suggested.

Luckily, after asking around for few days, I finally manage to find the recommended uncommon Tyre size(205/65R16) for Michelin Primacy 4 at Soh Brothers workshop and will be changing Tyre tomorow.

206/65/16 is common but not easily available in most tire shop.

anyway is good moved for you to stick to your original spec (your car only) 

↡ Advertisement