Toshiba leaving Singapore end of May 2015

Stooky

I still watch... maybe abt 1-2 hours every night...

A special time together with wifey lah :))

But I get the latest news from .... here lah, in MCF :))

What kind of program you and wifey watch at such late hours? Can share the program title? Haha

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

ya here oso got drama...the richies, the wanabe richies and the wannabe poories...

:a-bang:

:XD: :XD: :XD:

Who watches Mediacorpse nowadays? Cable or streaming is the way to go man.

With Internet TV can even watch YouTube.

PPTV and Youku is the way go... or get a Xiaomi box

Hypersonic

Yes, Akira is the name!

Amazing its still alive with the competitions.

i bought their massage chair some years back and now they don't have back up or after warranty service even

Hypersonic

Yes my first B&W TV is a Sharp that has the sliding door one. Then the next color TV is Telefunken 21" damn expensive and I remember we bought the Akai VHS player for $2000 in 1980 - a princely sum those days.

After I got married, got the "state of the art" JVC 29" CTV! Biggest screen ! And Panasonice LD player!!!!

My VHS bought in the 80's was also around that price - National or Panasonic- so solid heavy and also with wired remote

My father's first Tv was Siera (29") colour TV considered the rage at that time - also about 3k with wired remote control too from Asia Radio I remember in Bencoolen Street; I remembered going there for some spare part (remote got tangled and the pins got damaged due to someone tripped over the wires)

Got toshiba warehouse sale please post here...hahaha.

PM me if you gets notifications, I trust Toshiba quality :a-m1212:

• Praise 5

Akira is still alive here!

Akira is actually Singapore company. Not Japan.

....zzz....i bought a toshiba TV last dec..knn

I think it is ok as Toshiba will sure appoint agent to do servicing. My Fridge is Toshiba and using for around 3 years. I trust the brand and that is why I bought Toshiba Fridge.

Hypersonic

What kind of program you and wifey watch at such late hours? Can share the program title? Haha

All our local drama lor :D

And CNA on news :)

Got toshiba warehouse sale please post here...hahaha.

Ya... pls PM all Bros and Sis here... And we can block book the queue solely for MCF members :))

Philips used to make TV and audio stuffs there, but it has exited consumer electronics biz few years ago. The domestic appliance biz that used to be in Jurong moved into one of the building. Now as I know, one building is under re-construction for the new biz in healthcare and lifestyle (dun ask me what is its lifestyle about), one building is being put on sale, remaining units take up the rest.....very diff from its heyday when it had to get additional empty land for staff car park..

Some of the Philips' CE product you see on market are made by third parties, its sole role in these is to collect royalties for using its name....

Everything from Philips are made in China nowadays, at least that's what I see on the boxes.

I wonder what the plant in Toa Payoh makes, or is it just a logistics warehouse?

Twincharged

Wow! Sounds like Sony intentionally made products with a built in self destruct mechanism designed to activate on the night before warranty expires!

Haha you never know. I find my Samsung Mobile Phone slows down tremendously a year after use as well, although there are many reasons for that.

Akira is actually Singapore company. Not Japan.

I think it is ok as Toshiba will sure appoint agent to do servicing. My Fridge is Toshiba and using for around 3 years. I trust the brand and that is why I bought Toshiba Fridge.

Yea i bought a toshiba fridge the same time as the TV too, wife was wandering around the fridge area when i was lookin at TV deals. lol

No big deal now brands come and go,and come again.If Toshiba wants to come again they can.

For servicing just spend few buck get an electrical repair agent.Also no big deal. :a-bang:

I like Japanese brands alot. My TVs and Devices and lappys all Sony.

Next time new house also try to get all Japanese. Cars also I get Japanese. lol

I like Japanese brands alot. My TVs and Devices and lappys all Sony.

Next time new house also try to get all Japanese. Cars also I get Japanese. lol

Wife also must get Japanese one :a-bang: .