2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

i own the legacy for 3+ years. maintenance is no different from any other car if you keep it stock. i kiasu EO change is every 5k instead of the 7k i used to. other than that nothing different. get the turbo, i believe the FC will not be much diff than the NA. the FC killer is the permanent AWD. tracting is very good. you can notice the superior traction in your day to day drive compare to FWD and RWD.

Yes. The SE told me that also.
Personally tested the non turbo version twice.
I like the handling but worry on maintenance.
However the SE told me that the AD provide 5 years FOC servicing.
Not sure if there is any other hiden cost 😬

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I don't get most of the people thoughts here. Go down and see the car if the built is cheaper / worse than some MIT or MIK with higher OMV...i have noticed the interior built is pretty solid with good safety features compare with SUV at its class, IMO.

Looking at the OMV only can be quite tricky, at high OMV, you pay more than get it back later.

Am personally looking at XT, if only i can scrap my car now.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I test drove almost all the SUVs available in Sg, except the koreans and a couple of contis.... Hyundai and Kia will never be under my list, and some contis are too expensive for me too.

I like XT the most after all the test drive. I am fine with the 18k OMV for XT, as long as I enjoy driving it will do. I am fine with the interior too cos it is simple and plain looking (I hate complicated looking design)... My current car left about 2 years, not sure if I wanna change it now or change it 2 years later.

Another thing that I like about this car is the horsepower, torque, and the AWD. FC doesn't matter to me if I plan to get a SUV.... If anyone thinks that FC is a major issue, it is best not to get a SUV at all.

Edited by Wolverine_x

Turbocharged

Yes. The SE told me that also.

Personally tested the non turbo version twice.

I like the handling but worry on maintenance.

However the SE told me that the AD provide 5 years FOC servicing.

Not sure if there is any other hiden cost 😬

quite a number of Subaru enthusiasts here don't bother to go back to AD, even for the free service.

check out the local Subaru forums for more info.

not sure how particular u r abt warranty but I'm sure the AD will require u to go back for scheduled service in order to maintain the warranty while it lasts.

• Praise 1

I drove the non TC version and it was not inspiring at all. I think the gearbox sucks. I think you should try and feel, and maybe just hop over to Mazda and test CX-5 also. I feel that CX-5 drives much better.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I am exploring the Forester 2.0 non-turbo version.

Hope to hear existing owner on the good and bad for this car.

Thanks.

Can specify what you are looking for in the car? Obviously either your budget limits to the non-turbo version or you have other priorities. If you do not make yourself clear all the petrolheads here will tell you to get the turbo version. Who doesn't want more power in a car?

Good or bad in what terms? Practicality? Reliability? Obviously not power. LoL...

You have made the effort to post a thread, put in some more time to state what exactly you are looking for in this car in particular. Is it so hard?

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

I am driving the 07 2,5 turbo forester now..

trust me , after you drive the turbo , you will never consider the NA.

my FC is about 8.6Km/L un-tuned yet..sending in soon....

the grip on road is better than most of the cars due to AWD.

heard that the newer foresters are having better FC. can check it out.

welcome to the darkside....

• Praise 2

Can specify what you are looking for in the car? Obviously either your budget limits to the non-turbo version or you have other priorities. If you do not make yourself clear all the petrolheads here will tell you to get the turbo version. Who doesn't want more power in a car?

Good or bad in what terms? Practicality? Reliability? Obviously not power. LoL...

You have made the effort to post a thread, put in some more time to state what exactly you are looking for in this car in particular. Is it so hard?

I believe TS looking for particular Subaru spirit in term of

AWD, Boxer engine, Safety, off road handling, FC (CVT), except power (non-Turbo),

• Praise 2

subaru xt is nice ..but its a bit tight space ..but sure slightly bigger than CX5

BTW ..subaru outback is nice and even nicer with a turbo charged engine ...but 2.5l NA engine ... simply kills it.. imo

• Praise 2

Forester SHJ/SH9/SH5 XT certainly one of the safest and most practical crossover SUV. AWD actually works, not for show only. I drove it down fine sand and mud, up mountains and through minor floods and streams. Only regular maintenance for 90,000 km - still miss it and consider buying another one next time when they have 7-seater option. You count how many rescue and emergency services around the world using it.

Side track - I'm dekitting some stuff from the SH9XT if anyone is interested - autodim mirror, blitz r-vit ds, ..

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=90489

2009-subaru-forester-mountain-rescue-con

• Praise 1

(edited)

i bought an XT earlier this year when the coe dipped after going through the videos below. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVAn8ZONLI&list=PLOsAXNJzBWc-jYKqIeGrWknCbDZsDHx3c

the videos may be more applicable to XT but some of the videos highlight how safe this car really is. there is a misconception that subaru is only about performance. their AWD is different from certain other brands' AWD and it actually does make the car more safe.

FC is expectedly low. (still trying to find ways to improve the efficiency).

Edited by subarudreamer

(edited)

One time I drove up Gunung Brinchang lookout towers, there was a Lexus RX having some problems going up a steep slope on the rough mud track. I tried to squeeze past him on the right which was very very tight and uphill. Those who drove there will know the mud road condition. My rear wheel got stuck in the ditch momentarily, but not too long before AWD traction resumes and I just drive on.

i bought an XT earlier this year when the coe dipped after going through the videos below. lol.

the videos may be more applicable to XT but some of the videos highlight how safe this car really is. there is a misconception that subaru is only about performance. their AWD is different from certain other brands' AWD and it actually does make the car more safe.

Edited by Acieed

(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVAn8ZONLI&list=PLOsAXNJzBWc-jYKqIeGrWknCbDZsDHx3c

Subaru is proud of being AWD, boxer engine & TC, leading in automotive industry, but they never care FC, even new Forester equipped CVT, if you concern FC, forget about Subaru, otherwise very soften on throttle, lose of Subaru spirit :D

Edited by MQX87511