2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Upgraded to FXT brakes front and rear, not much difference for front brake but rears does. Significant improved.

Plug and play with $155 labour cost @BKS.

@Richard: have tried to install whiteline Rear ARB. Much difference,

Cheers,

Long

↡ Advertisement

For the interior dome/map light etc, any idea what is the size of the festoon? Thinking of switching to LED

Oh and also the boot area.

Is it 30mm festoon for room light and t10 for boot?

(edited)

Upgraded to FXT brakes front and rear, not much difference for front brake but rears does. Significant improved.

Plug and play with $155 labour cost @BKS.

@Richard: have tried to install whiteline Rear ARB. Much difference,

Cheers,

Long

Hi Long,

Cool ... whiteline rear ARB is thickest among the usual Cusco and WRX STI aka most hardcore but guess yours is FNA and hence fine or even preferred since without rear subframe.

For my FXT with harder stock suspension setup compared to FNA, I had swapped the Cusco rear ARB for the thinner WRX STI which is better for me since it is more compliant and less stiff especially now that I am on STI Pink springs with stock dampers .... I am already on flexible STI subframe.   

With stock springs and thicker Cusco rear ARB and flexible STI subframe, over hump is a louder thud sound but guess STI Pink Springs hold up better to damp over humps which alleviate this thud sound over humps

Love the ride now with excellent control, no (or acceptable) rock or roll or jittery feeling, lowered stance and subjectively compliant ride.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

For the interior dome/map light etc, any idea what is the size of the festoon? Thinking of switching to LED

just open up and see first will do, usually aftermarket will ship with all 3 types of connectors anyway for user to choose.

Hi KC,

Dunno leh and as said, at least this is from local official Motul distro.

However, it make sense to me on our tropical country as well as nice hot exhaust back to our turbo-charged fxt to err on the side higher viscosity eo.

However, I also err on have 5-7k change of motul 300v 5w/40 vs MI's 10k interval even with motul 300v just like the 2 other alternatives of Shell or Subaru Sport eo but no plan to look for Motul 300v 5w/50 thicker eo unless I am driving high powered Nissan GTR.

I am not too concern on loss of power due to heavier oil or lower FC with already ample power for me but prefers quieter engine due to also logically better damping ... this basically reinforced at least my preference and not otherwise to change the game plan.

Cheers,

Richard

sharing my 2 cents.... using whatever oil that BKS recommend for my servicing last time for EJ25 Legacy GT, usually 5W40, from OWS to Ravenol, every 10k km serviced, lasted to over 220k km no issue with engine...

of cos there are other Legacy bros that do 7k and even 5k engine oil change, but even with my normal enthusiastic driving, can last with 10k.

no mods to engine/intake/turbo or exhaust.

• Praise 1

just open up and see first will do, usually aftermarket will ship with all 3 types of connectors anyway for user to choose.

sharing my 2 cents.... using whatever oil that BKS recommend for my servicing last time for EJ25 Legacy GT, usually 5W40, from OWS to Ravenol, every 10k km serviced, lasted to over 220k km no issue with engine...

of cos there are other Legacy bros that do 7k and even 5k engine oil change, but even with my normal enthusiastic driving, can last with 10k.

no mods to engine/intake/turbo or exhaust.

Hi Sarion,

Tks but staying with MI with their service package and hence motul 300v which they do nicely provides in addition to shell and subaru sports.

May just used Shell when euphoria of new ride wears off and/or $ runs low ..keke !

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Hi Sarion,

Tks but staying with MI with their service package and hence motul 300v which they do nicely provides in addition to shell and subaru sports.

May just used Shell when euphoria of new ride wears off and/or $ runs low ..keke !

Cheers.

Richard

what i was trying to say is 10k km for engine oil change should be fine bah, unless current F series engine wears more than E series which would be quite disturbing if true... although i've kept my car at S 99.9% of the time and not S#, but still floors it almost everytime i am at the first car of traffic stop so not that kind to engine...

only dutifully running slow when cold temp light is on.

Edited by Sarion
  • Praise 2

what i was trying to say is 10k km for engine oil change should be fine bah, unless current F series engine wears more than E series which would be quite disturbing if true... although i've kept my car at S 99.9% of the time and not S#, but still floors it almost everytime i am at the first car of traffic stop so not that kind to engine...

only dutifully running slow when cold temp light is on.

Hi Sarion,

Noted but not too sure of motul 300v although MI seems ok with also 10k km since they offer it. Most if not all workshops and gurus from forums globally advised against running motul 300v like the usual synthetic eo till 10k km.

Just like mineral eo vs synthetic eo, I believe it is not like mineral eo performance is same as synethetic up to 5k km and drops off immediately ... it is likely to be inferior (but not saying ineffective) from the 1km travelled.

Cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Been driving around with the dimming mirror for a while now. Not sure about others who changed, but for me, the compass is a bit distracting, causing a bit of eye strain for me, thus i have been turning it off recently.

Have driven cars with compass on rear view quite a lot in the past, especially in USA. don't usually feel the strain, perhaps it is the location of the compass, its bottom right side while in US they are having LHD while for us it is right in our face as we are RHD. My suggestion is to get one generic one without compass from gentex if they have one (we don't really need compass in Singapore anyway) or those with the compass on the other side. But do make sure the base will fit.

Edited by Zpliu

Been driving around with the dimming mirror for a while now. Not sure about others who changed, but for me, the compass is a bit distracting, causing a bit of eye strain for me, thus i have been turning it off recently.

Have driven cars with compass on rear view quite a lot in the past, especially in USA. don't usually feel the strain, perhaps it is the location of the compass, its bottom right side while in US they are having LHD while for us it is right in our face as we are RHD. My suggestion is to get one generic one without compass from gentex if they have one (we don't really need compass in Singapore anyway) or those with the compass on the other side. But do make sure the base will fit.

Lol... I thought i was the only one who finds the compass a bit distracting especially, especially becos of the red LED light.

I turned off the compass function for the 1st few days but its a bit troublesome becos it comes on automatically when engine is restarted. But now, I hardly notices it

(edited)

so far has any owner FNA or FXT done servicing outside of Motor image workshop, yet no problem with retaining the 5yr warranty? i hear some owner got their 5yr warranty void after one time servicing outside. however, didnt the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore make it clear wef 1 Jan 2018 that agents should not void warranty just because owners seek servicing at 3rd party workshops?

Edited by 2016fxt
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Lol... I thought i was the only one who finds the compass a bit distracting especially, especially becos of the red LED light.

I turned off the compass function for the 1st few days but its a bit troublesome becos it comes on automatically when engine is restarted. But now, I hardly notices it

It's troublesome but i find my eyes getting strained so i rather off it. If i remember i do at car park if not when stopped at red light.

But having said that, if the position of the compass is on the left it should be better.

Edited by Zpliu

Hi Zpliu/James,

Never bothered me on day 1 until now.

If it starts doing so, I know who to blame .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

so far has any owner FNA or FXT done servicing outside of Motor image workshop, yet no problem with retaining the 5yr warranty? i hear some owner got their 5yr warranty void after one time servicing outside. however, didnt the Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore make it clear wef 1 Jan 2018 that agents should not void warranty just because owners seek servicing at 3rd party workshops?

(https://www.cccs.gov.sg/)

No end to this debate. We will never know if the owner is able to proof that the 3rd party workshop completed everything on the MI servicing checklist or if they made modifications to their cars.
  • Praise 1

Hi Zpliu/James,

Never bothered me on day 1 until now.

If it starts doing so, I know who to blame .. lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Of cos, you can only blame yourself lor..... =P Who ask you to read... Hahaa...

Hi Zpliu,

Tried during lunch time and was not obvious at all .. wun not know it is there unless specifically looking for it.

Just tried night driving and also not distracting since looking into rear virw mirror objects are at different depth of field .. looking ahead for usual driving keep it out of line of sight and does not make me tilt my head to notice it.

It is fine for me strangely but I do like lit room compared to dark room ... perhaps already used to the installed "mood" foot lights that are always on.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

No end to this debate. We will never know if the owner is able to proof that the 3rd party workshop completed everything on the MI servicing checklist or if they made modifications to their cars.

No need to worry or debate if you service at MI. We dun know when the day will come when we have to claim warranty
  • Praise 1

No need to worry or debate if you service at MI. We dun know when the day will come when we have to claim warranty

If stay stock and service there confirm no issues haha
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1