2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

If buy the 2 years package, they dont allow me to drag. Last expiry date is Jan’18. I told them i have been following diligently on those next servicing date which they have written on the decal. The 4th one is Mar18, but they dont agreed as according to their explanation, the expiry date Jan18 is recorded in their systems. I believed this discrepancy happen like for example, next servicing date is 28th Feb, i manage to book the date a few days later which become the following mth instead. 3x similar incident will become 3 mth apart.

If i pay per servicing, even if i late for 2 mth, i believe they will still want my business

No choice lor.... have to plan chun chun 6 months or before go for servicing will do.... [:)]

Yes,if late for 2 mths is still ok one. One of the bro, he tot MI servicing is based on mileage, not known that is whichever come first either mileage or no. of months. After i told him, his car already due for service closed to 8 months soon...  [laugh]  He can't book the earlier appt date online then he immediately called MI to slot him in an appt, MI told him not to worry, it is fine... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

I'm sure if u offer to pay for extra bottle of EO, everything also okay at MI. Hahaha

Those days mindset was that only carrots go back MI lol.

Found a mech and stuck with him.

So for over a decade now only one mech molests my car hahaha.

Those days mindset was that only carrots go back MI lol.

Found a mech and stuck with him.

So for over a decade now only one mech molests my car hahaha.

Actually now also la. They are more expensive for sure, but as what Richard has mentioned, they might have resources other workshop don't have.

Another reason is warranty also la. The exact reason why my recent fender bender i sent back to MI. just in case they say outside nv repair properly then later whack my warranty. But they are damn slow. 2 weeks since the accident, still havent arrange for the insurer of the vehicle that kissed my rear to survey the damage.

• Praise 1

Actually now also la. They are more expensive for sure, but as what Richard has mentioned, they might have resources other workshop don't have.

Another reason is warranty also la. The exact reason why my recent fender bender i sent back to MI. just in case they say outside nv repair properly then later whack my warranty. But they are damn slow. 2 weeks since the accident, still havent arrange for the insurer of the vehicle that kissed my rear to survey the damage.

Fair enough la i mean cars now days also more ex mine was half the price u paid so i can understand better to be caustious.

Just read the news about the cost of 5th gen forester in TW. I converted the currency to SGD (approx.), just to have a feel on the cost.

2.0i-L          2.0i-L EyeSight       2.0i-S               2.0i-S EyeSight

S$46,000      S$49,000           S$49,000             S$53,600

The current 2.0 (i)-E model selling at S$42,900, and 2.0 XT-P selling at S$58,900 in TW. So I guess assuming the COE price maintains, the basic model 2.0i-L cost may go up by S$5000 more as compared the existing 2.0i model? 

if just 5k gets one so many safety and electronic goodies then why not?

it's still gonna be one of the cheapest but most feature rich car in it's class...

• Praise 3

Lol MI i don't know Day 1 to now my 13 yr old subaru is serviced outside.

My warranty with MI ended. Can share the workshop that you frequent? PM also ok. 

Agree. almost got into an accident a few days ago and I managed to e brake in time to avoid any contact. ABS did not kick in even though the front tyres screeched abit.

After owning this ride for over a year, I found out that the real bite comes somewhere halfway through of the full stroke. You will feel some resistance when stepping down to this point and beyond this point, the bite will be quite strong and uncomfortable. I've tested a couple of FXT with BBK and the feeling is similar except that braking effect is around 10 to 15% better than stock based on butt feel.

I experienced once on MY high way which i was 140km/h then saw the car queued (100m away i think) due to accident. Stepped hard on brake and managed to stopped just few m away from the front car. [bigcry] . After that trip i changed to XT's brake set, got improvement but i think i need to go for STI brake bad then.

• Praise 2

Im on 5w30 motul 300.

Though The manual states 5w30, Mi and several workshops recommend against it  due to our all year round hot weather.

1 reputable workshop mentioned should be fine below 20k mileage but would still recomend 40 for 2.0 L turbo.

Having experienced both the 5w40 and 5w30, i should say the 30 viscosity (obviously) feels lighter.

FC improves by 1km / L in Highway Driving but not much difference in City Driving.

Revs smoother but also abit louder and feels more vibration compare to 40.

• Praise 1

Im on 5w30 motul 300.

Though The manual states 5w30, Mi and several workshops recommend against it  due to our all year round hot weather.

1 reputable workshop mentioned should be fine below 20k mileage but would still recomend 40 for 2.0 L turbo.

Having experienced both the 5w40 and 5w30, i should say the 30 viscosity (obviously) feels lighter.

FC improves by 1km / L in Highway Driving but not much difference in City Driving.

Thanks Randy.

Actually I also feel smooth too, but not sure about loud or vibrate? [:p] Anyway, I think FNA don't need to thick engine oil bah, maybe is good for FXT?  [confused] 

Edited by titaniclexus

if just 5k gets one so many safety and electronic goodies then why not?

it's still gonna be one of the cheapest but most feature rich car in it's class...

Hi Sarion,

Indeed ... got rear aircon and think also BSM like new imprezza 2.0l ..but my bad if same COE will be sgd15k increase since new platform but also better to stick to MI for expected new issues.

Watched utube on eyesight on advanced emergency braking and will also help alleviate brake performance concern ... up to 60kmhr and stopping few inches from stationary barrier is cool !!

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, can I check FXT/FNA using Motul 5w40 or 5w30? I recalled this time the SE change my motul 5w40 to 5w30? Any problem?

Hi Titanic,

I am using 5w40 at both MI and outside ws for my fxt.

Do not believe 5w30 is easily available or that MI is using it ... motorbike uses motul 5w30.

Cheers.

Richard

Im on 5w30 motul 300.

Though The manual states 5w30, Mi and several workshops recommend against it due to our all year round hot weather.

Hi Randy,

Same feedback from outside ws whose owner is well known in race circuit ... 5w40 or even 5w50 for max engine protection else later high chance of trouble.

Where did you get motul 300v 5w30 for car ? However, contemplating going back to non motul 300v cos not able to last 10k km albiet MI dun care is non preferred.

Update: just browse carousell again and most if not all selling or offer service package with 5w40 .. however, this bro does have ?w/30/50:

Motul 300V Power Racing 2L for S$40 https://sg.carousell.com/p/184000496

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

How would u rate this w/s compare with BKS, BMS? Ty

Hi Lot,

No experience with BMS but BKS Woodlands c/o Ah Keong is my goto outside workshop for my fxt.

Damn bloody far but 1st rate work including complicated AOS installation, no problem fitting of pink spring (can have noise if not done properly with rubber hose) ... he even fitted mounting plate and rerun wiring for my racechip without asking and now swee swee.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Richard, can I check FXT/FNA using Motul 5w40 or 5w30? I recalled this time the SE change my motul 5w40 to 5w30? Any problem?

Hi Titanic,

Think did not answered to you main concern ...

No immediate problem one nor need to change out ... both 30 and 40 works across a wide specification but in longer term, I will stick to thicker eo for max protection of our hot hot turbocharged fxt in hot hot Singapore's tropical weather as bro Randy also shared.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-60311800-1533880431.jpg

post-149594-0-60072200-1533880440.jpeg

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Titanic,

Think did not answered to you main concern ...

No immediate problem one nor need to change out ... both 30 and 40 works across a wide specification but in longer term, I will stick to thicker eo for max protection of our hot hot turbocharged fxt in hot hot Singapore's tropical weather as bro Randy also shared.

Cheers.

Richard

Oic,,,, think shld be fine, cos my mileage usually low and not due or hit the service mileage requirement. [:p]

I think i was using 5w40 during my first 1k servicing, not sure why this time the SE asked me is Motul 5w30 and told me my previous record is 5w40 shld be typo, he like felt abit weird shld not be 5w40 engine oil???  [confused]  Believe like what bro Randy mentioned that they are followed the service manual requirement..... [sweatdrop]

Hi Sarion,

Indeed ... got rear aircon and think also BSM like new imprezza 2.0l ..but my bad if same COE will be sgd15k increase since new platform but also better to stick to MI for expected new issues.

Watched utube on eyesight on advanced emergency braking and will also help alleviate brake performance concern ... up to 60kmhr and stopping few inches from stationary barrier is cool !!

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Titanic,

I am using 5w40 at both MI and outside ws for my fxt.

Do not believe 5w30 is easily available or that MI is using it ... motorbike uses motul 5w30.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Randy,

Same feedback from outside ws whose owner is well known in race circuit ... 5w40 or even 5w50 for max engine protection else later high chance of trouble.

Where did you get motul 300v 5w30 for car ? However, contemplating going back to non motul 300v cos not able to last 10k km albiet MI dun care is non preferred.

Update: just browse carousell again and most if not all selling or offer service package with 5w40 .. however, this bro does have ?w/30/50:

Motul 300V Power Racing 2L for S$40 https://sg.carousell.com/p/184000496

Cheers.

Richard

Is really from MI leh... see my invoice below.... :a-confused:

post-194121-0-66347400-1533880788_thumb.jpg

Edited by titaniclexus
↡ Advertisement