2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Quick question, after fuel empty light lit up how far can it still go?

And the meter showing distance to petrol kiosk zhun or not?

↡ Advertisement

Quick question, after fuel empty light lit up how far can it still go?

And the meter showing distance to petrol kiosk zhun or not?

for fxt, after ALL fuel meter indicators turned off, about at least 6 litres of fuel inside

don rely on the meter showing distance to petrol kiosk, buay zhun one

• Praise 1

Hi Dark,

Old man who collected cpf liao ... not now cannot squeeze all these into golden coffin de ... lol !!

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Dark,

Indeed !!

At least for associated parts since there is no such thing as blanket void of warranty unless you accept no warranty to HU if you change your rims ... keke !

Cheers,

Richard

True. But nobody knows for sure when it's time up so live live to the fullest!

• Praise 1

Hi Rainman,

Now you know SUV especially one with real off road capability does not for mentioned reason of needing stiffer suspension setup especially for the fxt with added power.

Remember that when stock, even my wife commented I am driving slow on lane 1 with impatient cars behind me .. I was driving at 70kmhr instead usual of 90-100kmhr because it already felt like so .. jittery and unstable .. which is not complimentary of fxt's ride ... it should be driving at 90-100kmhr and feeling like 70kmhr for a compliant and stable ride .. lol !

Best to try our bros with different setup and you are welcome to try mine to compare but I had done a lot a lot and will not pursue further improvement.

Indeed dun feel safe with stock brake for the power of fxt .. ended up getting 6/4 bbk and wasted trade in of stock rim/tyres for sgd300 after 10 days vs 600 at least if driven to tyre shop on day 1.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

True, i find myself driving slower than previous rides.

Unlike the previous ride which felt cocoon and well isolated, subbie feels wobbly and jittery.

which is probably y i am driving slower than before.

The only time i feel safe and good is driving in the rain compare to previous rides.

Cheers,

• Praise 1

Hi Richard,

Unlike the previous ride which felt cocoon and well isolated, subbie feels wobbly and jittery.

The only time i feel safe and good is driving in the rain compare to previous rides.

Cheers,

Hi Randy,

Ya lor .. it is an vfm power SUV while we wish to drive it like a power road car or a powered hi end 200k+ SUV.

Various mods have make stability and ride much betta for me though:

- arbs (and much lesser extend struts)

- magic collar (clone of rigid collar)

- pink sprints

Flexible subframe and replacement of cusco rear arb with wrx arb help to alleviate the harshness of especially pink springs and magic collars but we all have different experience and expectation.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Randy,

Ya lor .. it is an vfm power SUV while we wish to drive it like a power road car or a powered hi end 200k+ SUV.

Various mods have make stability and ride much betta for me though:

- arbs (and much lesser extend struts)

- magic collar (clone of rigid collar)

- pink sprints

Flexible subframe and replacement of cusco rear arb with wrx arb help to alleviate the harshness of especially pink springs and magic collars but we all have different experience and expectation.

Cheers.

Richard

Thats the ultimate safety feature. Make you scared to drive fast.
  • Praise 1

for fxt, after ALL fuel meter indicators turned off, about at least 6 litres of fuel inside

don rely on the meter showing distance to petrol kiosk, buay zhun one

Thanks bro... roughly 40km then for the big thirsty hippo
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Hi Richard,

Cheers,

Not really leh.... i am the other way... my previous ride sure not as good as FNA..... depend on what you drive in the past, was changed from Honda Fit to FNA, isolated, speed and comfort, etc etc sure better than previous one..... tat is the reason I am driving faster than before... [laugh]

Thats the ultimate safety feature. Make you scared to drive fast.

Edited by titaniclexus
  • Praise 1

:a-good::a-bang:

Ahahaha. Speaking of driving the Forester, im getting back my car tmr. Hoping they manage to get the third party to reimburse my coating.

I won't miss the old rented Qashqai, but definitely will miss the braking hahaha

Edited by Zpliu

Ahahaha. Speaking of driving the Forester, im getting back my car tmr. Hoping they manage to get the third party to reimburse my coating.

I won't miss the old rented Qashqai, but definitely will miss the braking hahaha

Hi Zpliu,

Yes ... conti brake and noticed how dusty front wheels are like bmw, merc etc. if not washed ??

Even 4 pot bbk front only in 1.2L qashqai 17" wheels "feels" arguably better than my 6 front 4 rear bbk forester 18" wheels with 356mm rotors not withstanding the weight difference of the 2 cars ... the characteristics of the braking performance does not change as much as I thought it work before I experience it.

Afterall, you are only changing the calipers, rotors and pads but not the remaining parts of the braking system e.g. brake pump, volume etc.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Zpliu,

Yes ... conti brake and noticed how dusty front wheel are ??

Even 4 pot bbk front only in 1.2L qashqai 17" wheels "feels" arguably better than my 6 front 4 rear bbk forester 18" wheels with 356mm rotors not withstanding the weight difference of the 2 cars ... the characteristics of the braking performance does not change as much as I thought it work before I experience it.

Afterall, you are only changing the calipers, rotors and pads but not the remaining parts of the braking system e.g. brake pump etc.

Cheers,

Richard

I was thinking of bringing brakes up higher in my list of mod. But u say till like that i scared hahaha. Edited by Zpliu

I was thinking of bringing brakes up higher in my list of mod. But u say till like that i scared hahaha.

Hi Zpliu,

Unless you change car, think still should improve braking performance as much as possible .. more so right ?

Noticed also I mentioned "feel" and "arguably" but did not conduxt braking distance test to compare.

Please bring up brakes upgraded up up.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Zpliu,

Unless you change car, think still should improve braking performance as much as possible .. more so right ?

Noticed also I mentioned "feel" and "arguably" but did not conduxt braking distance test to compare.

Please bring up brakes upgraded up up.

Cheers.

Richard

Haha. Will still do something to the brakes. Just that havent decided the exact way to mod.

Hi Zpliu,

Only 1 way .. bbk.

Cheers.

Richard

U are poisonous hahaha

As I am ok with the stock brakes i thought of a few options.

1) change better pads

2) change pads plus rotors both front and rear, perhaps Brembo OE (should be about $1k i asked before)

3) front BBK (both BBK i think is overkill for FNA) then perhaps ask if they able to bring the front stock to the rear. knowing myself i sure go for AP racing or Brembo so this is a very slippery slope hahaha. Plus this needs change of rims $$$$$. Although i plan to change rims, it will not be so fast.

Edited by Zpliu
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1