2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Still within operating range. U can do a search in the forum. The range is mentioned before

Hi Zpliu,

Not sure where mentioned and quoted but my understanding is trouble starts at 120 deg C but indeed 100+ is not unexpected unless consistently >105 deg if not tracking.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bros,

Still see a bit of yellowish coloration of the previous tiong led signal bulb and a bit concern on the reliability .. changed to this philips one while noting need resistor or preferred aka more expensive diode dynamic module to prevent hyperflashing.

Yes, there are also silver coated halogen bulbs from Philips with no concern on hyperflashing like stock yellow halogen bulbs but dimmer.

Cheera.

Richard

Hi Richard, do you compare the philps LED signal light vs the stock signal light before? Very bright and nice bo?

I intend to get this philips T20 LED amber signal light and the diode dynamic module..... [smash]

Still checking where can get the cheapest.... so far i think philips T20 LED is ebay cheaper and diode dynamic module is amazon cheaper..... :a-SOS:

Edited by titaniclexus

Hi Zpliu,

Not sure where mentioned and quoted but my understanding is trouble starts at 120 deg C but indeed 100+ is not unexpected unless consistently >105 deg if not tracking.

Cheers.

Richard

Ahaha...must have messed up. Just search and couldnt find. I did read somewhere though, but yes 100 plus is well within norm

Hi Richard, do you compare the philps LED signal light vs the stock signal light before? Very bright and nice bo?

I intend to get this philips T20 LED amber signal light and the diode dynamic module..... [smash]

Still checking where can get the cheapest.... so far i think philips T20 LED is ebay cheaper and diode dynamic module is amazon cheaper..... :a-SOS:

Hi Titanic,

Philips is the best after dumping 2 different jap and tiong sets ... it is swee swee and bright. Osram is yellowish vs amber and even diode dynamic led ones shows a bit of yellowish vs Philips that is almost 99% with grey cover but it is not cheap or basically most expensive but I believe more reliable.

Yes, diode dynamic module quite cool with various functionalities e.g. setting signalling frequencies, lock/unlock signal light timing etc. including stopping this hyperflashing ..using resistors is hot and can be fire hazard.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-48204000-1536660959_thumb.png

post-149594-0-45059900-1536661073_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Everyone who bought forester na got a good deal

Everyone who bought xt pre ves got the best deal

Loving every min of my xt

Some say the Forester XT is like a Japanese Porsche Cayenne at  less than 1/2 the price of the Porsche. 

Edited by Vinceng

Some say the Forester XT is like a Japanese Porsche Cayenne at less than 1/2 the price of the Porsche.

Hi Vince,

Ride suspension and handling need to be fixed along with soundproofing .. yes, similiar boxer engine and think 350nm 240hp nowadays have various suvs like harrier turbo, glc250 which I test drove etc. also about there.

VFM at then low price for such performance is key I believe.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Everyone who bought forester na got a good deal

Everyone who bought xt pre ves got the best deal

Loving every min of my xt

Bro agreed with you. Been looking at used FXT. The price asked is outrageous

Hi Titanic,

Philips is the best after dumping 2 different jap and tiong sets ... it is swee swee and bright. Osram is yellowish vs amber and even diode dynamic led ones shows a bit of yellowish vs Philips that is almost 99% with grey cover but it is not cheap or basically most expensive but I believe more reliable.

Yes, diode dynamic module quite cool with various functionalities e.g. setting signalling frequencies, lock/unlock signal light timing etc. including stopping this hyperflashing ..using resistors is hot and can be fire hazard.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Some bro shared his diode dynamic led light bulb price is USD99 if I remembered correctly. Then Philips shld be good enough n value for money bah... hehe

• Praise 1

Bro agreed with you. Been looking at used FXT. The price asked is outrageous

Hi Alex,

No choice leh ... sell liao buy what with such performance and space ?

Hence I never hesitate to spend a bit more to mod my fxt on every which way but more performance since adequate for me and warranty concern.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi astc,

Just in case, please read here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702496-new-suzuki-vitara-2016/page-18

Not sure this high rev gearing issue but seems even new suzuki vitara is faced with same poor sound insulation aka hollow aka tin car syndrome.

Do go test drive and share with us here since I am only speculating.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi all,

Just to share. I went to test drive the vitara and felt that the engine is abit noisy at higher speed. The doors also need more strength to close it shut. Not a very good feel for the car.

A side question, can anyone share which is a good value motor insurance to take for new driver?

Thanks!

Hi all, am new to mcf.

I'm currently looking at SUV's and have narrowed down to either the Forester or XV.

Both cars has its own selling points, making it a very tough choice, especially with the Forester being priced as it is!

On the other hand, the XV has eye-sight and a newer platform.

Anyway, can anyone advise me on what other features does the Forester have that the XV doesn't, and vice-versa (besides what can be seen on sgcarmart's comparison)?

Have seen both cars but cannot remember all the details.

I think what's listed on Subaru's website is a little different than what MI is actually selling.

TIA!

EDIT (to conserve my # of posts per day): Btw, @ atsc, I think if you sign on a new driver insurance with MI, you can negotiate for additional discounts. 

Hi all,

Just to share. I went to test drive the vitara and felt that the engine is abit noisy at higher speed. The doors also need more strength to close it shut. Not a very good feel for the car.

A side question, can anyone share which is a good value motor insurance to take for new driver?

Thanks!

Edited by eggroe

Hi all,

Thanks!

Hi astc,

Thanks for the update.

Hope you also test drove the fna and done the comparison.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi all, am new to mcf.

I'm currently looking at SUV's and have narrowed down to either the Forester or XV.

Both cars has its own selling points, making it a very tough choice, especially with the Forester being priced as it is!

On the other hand, the XV has eye-sight and a newer platform.

Anyway, can anyone advise me on what other features does the Forester have that the XV doesn't, and vice-versa (besides what can be seen on sgcarmart's comparison)?

Have seen both cars but cannot remember all the details.

I think what's listed on Subaru's website is a little different than what MI is actually selling.

TIA!

EDIT (to conserve my # of posts per day): Btw, @ atsc, I think if you sign on a new driver insurance with MI, you can negotiate for additional discounts.

Hi eggroe,

MI will not fit solar film on front windscreen for xv due to eyesight and expects you to take the risk to do so .... hopefully not from insurers when you need to make claim.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi eggroe,

MI will not fit solar film on front windscreen for xv due to eyesight and expects you to take the risk to do so .... hopefully not from insurers when you need to make claim.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I understand that.

But what about the other key features of the Forester which the XV may lack (besides the obvious and most significant advantage, boot size)?

1. Boot size

2. Electric chair

3. Sunroof

4. Apple carplay (?)

On the other hand, the XV has the following but Forester don't:

1. Eye-sight

2. New platform

3. GPS navigational system

4. Direct-injection

Appreciate if any sifus can provide further insights.

But what about the other key features of the Forester which the XV may lack (besides the obvious and most significant advantage, boot size)?

1. Boot size

2. Electric chair

3. Sunroof

4. Apple carplay (?)

1. Eye-sight

2. New platform

4. Direct-injection

If what XV has but Forester dont have is a major concerns to you, then u should wait for the new Forester as it will address all your concerns
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

I am a newbie and just got my white FNA about one month plus.

I am wondering whether I should go do the paint protection thingy.

Any comments or recommendation?

BTW, thanks all for your valuable sharing and knowledge - learnt a lot abou the car from you guys  [thumbsup]

Cheers

• Praise 1

If what XV has but Forester dont have is a major concerns to you, then u should wait for the new Forester as it will address all your concerns

Of course. But when the new forester is launched, the pricing wouldn’t be as competitive as it is now.

That’s why I’m comparing between the existing forester vs XV.

Thanks for your input though

• Praise 1

1. Boot size

2. Electric chair

3. Sunroof

4. Apple carplay (?)

1. Eye-sight

2. New platform

4. Direct-injection

Hi Eggroe,

As bro lot mentioned, new forester will have more of the already new XV, including rear aircon but you need to decides in my opinion on primarily the size and FC of intended ride when considering current forester FNA or even new forester 2019.

If you do not need the size and wish for lower FC as well as the shiokness of a new release and not having "old" outgoing one with new release just around the corner as well as dun/cannot wait, just get the current XV with due consideration of lack of solar film on windscreen but big factor to me on having a safer car with preferred safety suite of eyesight for my wife.

For me, the lack of solar film overrided all others especially $ and hence dropped the preferred subaru imprezza 5D and booked the mazda6 for my wife instead for another 15k albeit different segment but without preferred AWD.

Just need to bear in mind that both current FNA and XV are really VFM made in Japan cars available and this is last chance to own a different car segment of forester vs XV in a smaller car segment at lower price but it would not matter if you do not need the space primarily while you do not have to get carried away with marketing BS on new platform on stronger chassis, better ride etc. in my opinion as the current XV on new global platform is more bumper than the FNA when I test drove it together with the Imprezza 5D just 4 weeks ago but you have to test drive yourself to see if indeed the case since can be subjective.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032