Why is Toyota Altis cheaper than Vios?

Kindaixin

checked around and found that Borneo Motor is one of the very few AD that increase price after the COE fall this time round.... Being the best selling car brand in SG, does it means that BM believe that COE is gg to increase in the next 6 bid? :relief::dizzy::we-all-gonna-die:

It's likely to be so considering that most people might be getting cars during this period in light of the CEVS thingy before 1st July kicks in. Now only left 2 biddings to secure car, surely COE will go up hence car prices too.

Supersonic

I asked my SE and she told me Toyota have promos for the 2 models at different periods. Maybe now its altis and will be vios turn soon?

I will go for altis than vios, cause find vios is small as compared with altis. Lol.

• Praise 1

checked around and found that Borneo Motor is one of the very few AD that increase price after the COE fall this time round.... Being the best selling car brand in SG, does it means that BM believe that COE is gg to increase in the next 6 bid? :relief::dizzy::we-all-gonna-die:

BM wants to temporary to pause the market as to let them clear the CNY orders ... predict COE will be heading south !

The new vios seems not as popular as before? Don't know it is due to the changed of assembled place?

If Vios price 10k cheaper than Altis ? Of course people will buy Vios ... Now Vios expensive than Altis ? No logic at all .

Turbocharged

I will go for altis than vios, cause find vios is small as compared with altis. Lol.

Let's not forget that thing's miserable 4-speed slushbox... when in it at the ComfortDelgro driving centre... I found it quite hard to believe it really had only a 4-speed ... in 2014!!!!!!!!!

• Praise 1

Come July when other AD start to increase price due to CEVS, BM will drop their price to lure buyers......

Why Altis price increased so much? COE since CNY has increased 9K by price increase 18K.

• Praise 1

I asked my SE and she told me Toyota have promos for the 2 models at different periods. Maybe now its altis and will be vios turn soon?

LOL... Increase the price of Vios so that Altis looks cheaper? You tell your SE, unless Borneo Motor monopoly the market and there is only Altis and Vios in SG market, otheriwse that is not the way to have promotion.

If thats their "creative marketing strategy", next round they will increase the Altis price to makes Vios "looks" cheaper?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

LOL... Increase the price of Vios so that Altis looks cheaper? You tell your SE, unless Borneo Motor monopoly the market and there is only Altis and Vios in SG market, otheriwse that is not the way to have promotion.

If thats their "creative marketing strategy", next round they will increase the Altis price to makes Vios "looks" cheaper?

How about increase altis price too Camry level to make Camry looks like good buy?....hehehe...

• Praise 1

How about increase altis price too Camry level to make Camry looks like good buy?....hehehe...

horseh lah! like that take turn 3 model keep having promotion. then Camry, Altis and Vios pricing would be around the same as BMW 7, 5 and 3 series liao. :yeah-im-not-drunk::grin::veryangry:

• Praise 2

Come July when other AD start to increase price due to CEVS, BM will drop their price to lure buyers......

Come to think of it the CNY price was a ruse. I doubt very few benefited from those low prices.

I think the biggest competitor to altis is probably the mazda 3. That car has a lower omv and higher cev rebates and has the potential to undercut altis price by a lot.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Yes, see the information in Sgcarmart.

attachicon.gifVios.GIF

Toyota quality getting worst... the interior so plastic and not even on par with the Korean not to mention the conti. look at the lexus ES.. so plastic inside.. and the workmanship is so rough.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
Heman75, on 28 May 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Toyota quality getting worst... the interior so plastic and not even on par with the Korean not to mention the conti. look at the lexus ES.. so plastic inside.. and the workmanship is so rough.

Lol, plastic or not, guess people buy toyota is for the brand itself rather than the interior workmanship. Just like many people would say, no matter how nice the interior in korean cars, afterall it is still a korean make?!

• Praise 1

Lol, plastic or not, guess people buy toyota is for the brand itself rather than the interior workmanship. Just like many people would say, no matter how nice the interior in korean cars, afterall it is still a korean make?!

I did not buy Altis even the SE gave me a good discount as I find the seat is not comfortable at all. Though I really loved the equipment and the features Altis giving.

I did not buy Korean car as last time my first car is a Hyundai Excel and I encountered many repairs. When I wanted to buy another Hyundai, the AD did not give me any loyalty discount at all. So I switched to Japanese car. I did not buy Kia is because I stepped into Nissan showroom first and my wife fell in love with Nissan car.

• Praise 1

I did not buy Altis even the SE gave me a good discount as I find the seat is not comfortable at all. Though I really loved the equipment and the features Altis giving.

I did not buy Korean car as last time my first car is a Hyundai Excel and I encountered many repairs. When I wanted to buy another Hyundai, the AD did not give me any loyalty discount at all. So I switched to Japanese car. I did not buy Kia is because I stepped into Nissan showroom first and my wife fell in love with Nissan car.

so what car did you buy in the end? [confused]

• Praise 1

so what car did you buy in the end? [confused]

Haha, Nissan Slyphy 1.6 Signature Edition at $113,800 after the COE rose to $64,700. Then TC secured my COE at $67,749 at April 1st COE bidding (I was surprised as mine is considered non-guarantee).

• Praise 1

Haha, Nissan Slyphy 1.6 Signature Edition at $113,800 after the COE rose to $64,700. Then TC secured my COE at $67,749 at April 1st COE bidding (I was surprised as mine is considered non-guarantee).

Enjoy your ride bro!

Time magazine used to have this deal...

1 year subscription: $150

2 year subscription: $250

3 year subscription: $250

You would look at 2 year and 3 year and think they're stupid to have made such a mistake, and go for 3 years.

Actually, the choice was never between 2 and 3. It was between 1 and 3. And there, they've made you go for 3, and you don't know it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1