Toyota VS Nissan

Char

(edited)

Here we discuss how durable is your car ......

So far my 9 year old Latio super durable and long lasting and seldom gives me problem . I am the first owner and so far no major issue except replace radiator at year 8.5 , ignition coil at year 7.5 , front and back absorber at year 7 and air-con compressor at year 6.5 . The main problem in Latio is high usage of battery and mine only last less than 1.5 year , and recently I use Amaron seen can last longer ! My mileage now 210,000 km and all these while been servicing by TC . What about yours ?

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Why only Toyota and Nissan?

I like to believe in numbers and facts bcos they don't lie. Do a search in sgcarmart and see how many COE renewed Altis versus COE renewed Sunny or Latio. What does it say about reliability of these 2 make?

Neutral Newbie

I am driving a Latio too. Agree with you it is super. Like yours I have changed only the coil. Battery is reasonable.

My mileage is only coming to 110k though its COE is expiring in Oct. this year.

I am seriously thinking of renewing COE...

So far my 9 year old Latio super durable and long lasting and seldom gives me problem . I am the first owner and so far no major issue except replace radiator at year 8.5 , ignition coil at year 7.5 , front and back absorber at year 7 and air-con compressor at year 6.5 . The main problem in Latio is high usage of battery and mine only last less than 1.5 year , and recently I use Amaron seen can last longer ! My mileage now 210,000 km and all these while been servicing by TC . What about yours ?

my Honda Civic 6.5 years, no any issue except changed 2 times battery [:)]

• Praise 1

I am driving a Latio too. Agree with you it is super. Like yours I have changed only the coil. Battery is reasonable.

My mileage is only coming to 110k though its COE is expiring in Oct. this year.

I am seriously thinking of renewing COE...

Your Latio super low mileage ! Can consider to renew COE ... btw , are you the first owner ?

Why only Toyota and Nissan?

I like to believe in numbers and facts bcos they don't lie. Do a search in sgcarmart and see how many COE renewed Altis versus COE renewed Sunny or Latio. What does it say about reliability of these 2 make?

Agreed with you .... I should include all brands instead just these two .

Turbocharged

Change cooling coil: 3rd yr.

Change front suspension: 6yrs

Change radiator : 8yrs

Change compressor : 7yrs

Latio 4at, 8yr 4mths, 210k mileage....

Change cooling coil: 3rd yr.

Change front suspension: 6yrs

Change radiator : 8yrs

Change compressor : 7yrs

Latio 4at, 8yr 4mths, 210k mileage....

Haha ! Quite standard parts to change in Latio ! What about your battery life ?

My ex 7.5 years old, 150,000km Honda Jazz GD1 did not need to change radiator, ignition coil or any aircon items when I traded in.

I hope my current Nissan is as good. It isn't, but still not bad.

IMHO, I feel Honda > Toyota simply because of the engine which I really feel is more superior in terms of power but not so good in terms of fuel consumption of course. I drove 360k for my 8.5 year civic and the engine never once gave up on me or needed to overhual. I switched from a Toyota Corolla E120 to a Civic in 2006 and never regret it.

One thing I absolutely dislike about Toyota till now is the sound of the engine starting when it cranks up. I feel like the noise is just "screeching" and I personally find it a "ear-sore" if there's such a word. :veryangry:

my lancer, 9 years, 140K km only changed battery twice. and im the 3rd owner.. (3y 9mths)

dont think the previous owners changed anything..

but changing car liao..

Supersonic

Really didnt see many latio got renewed their coe?! Sunny still can find some. But there are many vios and altis coe which got renewed.

Really didnt see many latio got renewed their coe?! Sunny still can find some. But there are many vios and altis coe which got renewed.

Because a Toyota never break down, haha

Not I say one hor, the advertisement some year back say one ......!

Honda Stream, 7 yr old, 150K Km.

Parts changed: Shock absorbers (all 4), steering rack, engine mounting, fuel filter, aircon clutch plate, fan belt, brake pads (front).

Next on the list: brake rotor, rear brake pad, ...

Supersonic
Hyundai8818, on 28 May 2015 - 1:44 PM, said:

Because a Toyota never break down, haha

Not I say one hor, the advertisement some year back say one ......!

Quite true, cause how often you see a toyota break down?

But i still dont understand how come no one renew coe for latio?

I did see quite a few break down, but those odds could just be the sheer number of them on the roads.. [sleeping]

Maybe TS will take the lead to renew his Latio?

↡ Advertisement