Toyota VS Nissan

Char

Hypersonic

I am driving a Latio too. Agree with you it is super. Like yours I have changed only the coil. Battery is reasonable.

My mileage is only coming to 110k though its COE is expiring in Oct. this year.

I am seriously thinking of renewing COE...

At only 110k km at almost 10yrs, it is very low mileage. You should not expect any major problem.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

my lancer, 9 years, 140K km only changed battery twice. and im the 3rd owner.. (3y 9mths)

dont think the previous owners changed anything..

but changing car liao..

Changing to what har?

You do realise that this can happen to any car? Not only Nissans or Latios.

Poor / illegal modifications, bad maintenance, owner's negligence, etc. Even in the picture below, there's a Merc and a Sunny.

Even the first few batches of 458s caught fire. As many as 10 of them. But people still buy Ferraris. [smash]

• Praise 1

Why only Toyota and Nissan?

I like to believe in numbers and facts bcos they don't lie. Do a search in sgcarmart and see how many COE renewed Altis versus COE renewed Sunny or Latio. What does it say about reliability of these 2 make?

Yes, I do agreed with your point.

My personal opinion, Nissan is never fall under same cat as Toyota.

For common Japan Car, CAT A should be Honda, Toyota, cat B should be Mitshubishi, Subraru, Mazda, cat C then Nissan, Suzuki, Daihatsu ...

Many of my car lover friends share the same thinking. Hope it won't offend any one.

The fact is only Honda and Toyota car demand a higher body value when it come to scrap. This is simply because these 2 cars are more durable and can export out to other countries.

Here we discuss how durable is your car ......

So far my 9 year old Latio super durable and long lasting and seldom gives me problem . I am the first owner and so far no major issue except replace radiator at year 8.5 , ignition coil at year 7.5 , front and back absorber at year 7 and air-con compressor at year 6.5 . The main problem in Latio is high usage of battery and mine only last less than 1.5 year , and recently I use Amaron seen can last longer ! My mileage now 210,000 km and all these while been servicing by TC . What about yours ?

I do not agreed with your statement.

Your 9 year old Latio change so many parts before you call it durable?

Please check with Toyota owner in their 9 years change any part?

my lancer, 9 years, 140K km only changed battery twice. and im the 3rd owner.. (3y 9mths)

dont think the previous owners changed anything..

but changing car liao..

Ya, do agreed with you Mitsubishi is a very reliable car compare Nissan.

Really didnt see many latio got renewed their coe?! Sunny still can find some. But there are many vios and altis coe which got renewed.

Of course! Toyota car is famous for reliability and durability. You can even see some Corolla and Corona in their 20+ years on the road.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Your Latio super low mileage ! Can consider to renew COE ... btw , are you the first owner ?

yes, i am the first owner. why...

Turbocharged

Yes, I do agreed with your point.

My personal opinion, Nissan is never fall under same cat as Toyota.

For common Japan Car, CAT A should be Honda, Toyota, cat B should be Mitshubishi, Subraru, Mazda, cat C then Nissan, Suzuki, Daihatsu ...

Many of my car lover friends share the same thinking. Hope it won't offend any one.

The fact is only Honda and Toyota car demand a higher body value when it come to scrap. This is simply because these 2 cars are more durable and can export out to other countries.

I do not agreed with your statement.

Your 9 year old Latio change so many parts before you call it durable?

Please check with Toyota owner in their 9 years change any part?

Ya, do agreed with you Mitsubishi is a very reliable car compare Nissan.

Of course! Toyota car is famous for reliability and durability. You can even see some Corolla and Corona in their 20+ years on the road.

I know one g9 owner drive for 10yrs and nothing changed except battery and brake pad and tyre... But same cannot be said for g10 onward....

From what I observed, different people behaviour drive different car. Most people who drive Toyota drive carefully. They do not any how speed or brake. They will go for service regularly. That is why Toyota seldom break down. And it is also due to the design. Toyota normally quite straight forward and so it made the car more durable. People who buy other car which looks sporty tends to speed and sometimes even go over hump forgot to slow down. Of course in the long run the car easily got problem.

From what I observed, different people behaviour drive different car. Most people who drive Toyota drive carefully. They do not any how speed or brake. They will go for service regularly. That is why Toyota seldom break down. And it is also due to the design. Toyota normally quite straight forward and so it made the car more durable. People who buy other car which looks sporty tends to speed and sometimes even go over hump forgot to slow down. Of course in the long run the car easily got problem.

I read your posting, I could feel a chill down my spine. This is precisely what I have been thinking just that I have't got time to put it down. That with the observation of subsequent generation trying to win approval, or being influenced to think that owning a Toyota is the safest and wisest thing to do in the whole wide world, something like animal behaviour involving sight.

Hmm.u have a very valid point there. Most toyota drivers r indeed tend to b more careful when driving.

Hmm.u have a very valid point there. Most toyota drivers r indeed tend to b more careful when driving.

My three brother-in-law are Toyota drivers and still Toyota drivers and their pattern of driving are really very careful. I always sped and over-take them while they still far behind.

Avante, 8.5 yr, 130,000km. Change nothing except wear and tear like brake pad. The most durable car I ever drive. Previously drive Charade, Accent, Corolla. Though Toyota durable, but three year already give problem. Sold and buy Hyundai. Supprising Hyundai is so reliable.

Turbocharged

My three brother-in-law are Toyota drivers and still Toyota drivers and their pattern of driving are really very careful. I always sped and over-take them while they still far behind.

Its the old tech which give them the realible thought.. With 4at gearbox, I nearly daily whack till 5-6krpm, for 8yrs+, still working strong and never fail to crank a single day with my latio. If tltis can still sell with 4at GB, I'm sure Toyota will put that in but they know everybody is moving to more highvtech gb, the have to follow...

ask any altis buyer will they buy another altis with 4at if the new one come with it...hehehe..

I for one will not buy another 4at after this car, and aiming for 6at only but choices not many...

My Nissan Sunny 1.6M, 9 years 10 months, 210kkm, regularly service every 10kkm, never gave me trouble, changed wear and tear like brake pad 1 pair, Battery 3 sets, tire 3 sets,

only one thing is the FC got worse, 10 years ago can clock 13km/l, now 11km/l, but most probably it's due to traffic condition worse instead of car performance dropped

my previous ride picanto mt, 9yr+ 150k km, ave fc 15km/l, never break down on the road b4, countless time to genting, cheap spare parts e.g timing belt water pump $300, 4x short absorber $500. clutch, engine mount still working fine. only issue was slight eo leakage which cost 80 bucks to change the eng gasket.

my previous ride picanto mt, 9yr+ 150k km, ave fc 15km/l, never break down on the road b4, countless time to genting, cheap spare parts e.g timing belt water pump $300, 4x short absorber $500. clutch, engine mount still working fine. only issue was slight eo leakage which cost 80 bucks to change the eng gasket.

wah, did you mod your picanto?

last time, my bro complained his new bmw 320 with 5 pax, was struggling to go to genting.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4