New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Turbocharged
(edited)

Anybody knows when is this new SUV coming to town?

I dunno when it will arrive, but if it's coming really soon I sure hope it's with their new turbocharged engine.

Given SG's slow homologation process and our dealers being slow in general, I would expect it to arrive at least after August. If I recall, when I inquired about it a month or two ago, they did also say they expect it late Q3~mid Q4 of this year.

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

I dunno when it will arrive, but if it's coming really soon I sure hope it's with their new turbocharged engine.

Given SG's slow homologation process and our dealers being slow in general, I would expect it to arrive at least after August. If I recall, when I inquired about it a month or two ago, they did also say they expect it late Q3~mid Q4 of this year.

I don't think Komoco will bring the turbo engine, which is a pity.. :pissed-off:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I don't think Komoco will bring the turbo engine, which is a pity.. :pissed-off:

If they don't, it will be a really silly decision since nowadays people here are accepting turbos... even the Ford Focus now no turbo people also end up buy smaller Fiesta as a result.

And it probably won't be a lot more expensive, since both are Category B anyway [hur]

• Praise 1

If they don't, it will be a really silly decision since nowadays people here are accepting turbos... even the Ford Focus now no turbo people also end up buy smaller Fiesta as a result.

And it probably won't be a lot more expensive, since both are Category B anyway [hur]

don't understand why Singapore ADs don't want import TC, especially those Jap/Kor brand ADs, hot weather reason?

forget about Jap brands actually don't have too much TC, but Kor brands all have TC version in China.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

At least for buyer, the road tax will be cheaper with 1.6L turbo.

If they don't bring in the too basic spec car is consider very good already.

don't understand why Singapore ADs don't want import TC, especially those Jap/Kor brand ADs, hot weather reason?

forget about Jap brands actually don't have too much TC, but Kor brands all have TC version in China.

USA driving in the dessert and summer in some city much higher than Singapore.

While the city driving condition in USA city like San Francisco and near by Silicon Valley area are also very crowded in the peak hours.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

At least for buyer, the road tax will be cheaper with 1.6L turbo.

if Komoco really bring in 1.6TC version, sure kill Xtrail, Outlander, Qashiqa, CRV, RAV4, Tiguan, Q3, X1 etc,

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

if Komoco really bring in 1.6TC version, sure kill Xtrail, Outlander, Qashiqa, CRV, RAV4, Tiguan, Q3, X1 etc,

No. Will not happen.

There are still a lot of Sillypore driver cannot accept Korea car. My office already had a few example already.

They will rather go for a very basic spec and more ex japan car than a full spec cheaper Korea car.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

maybe it's OMV thing also... Komoco seem to be targetting extra low OMV since people say the latest Elantra Elites have poor spec. TC engine usually have higher OMV.

I always find Hyundai design cannot stand out. The sister company KIA actually has better designs. I just dun like the "Killed In Action" badge but that's just me.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I always find Hyundai design cannot stand out. The sister company KIA actually has better designs. I just dun like the "Killed In Action" badge but that's just me.

Last time Hyundai design nicer than KIA. But after they have become same boss, KIA design seems to looks nicer than Hyundai?!

Anyway, this new Tucson looks similar like the current santa fe.

• Praise 1

Not much modding option. Japanese and German makes have more accessories, body kits and power upgrade options.

Last time Hyundai design nicer than KIA. But after they have become same boss, KIA design seems to looks nicer than Hyundai?!

Anyway, this new Tucson looks similar like the current santa fe.

The Qashqai and X-trail also looks similar.

(edited)

With the talk of smaller cc engine with TC, there are definitely many advantages over a NA engine.

I would like to check what is the view of fellow bro/sis here about the suitability of TC engine vehicle, if used for a typical sales related job, where the owner will make several short-medium trip around SIngapore, with frequent start-stop runs.

Do you think a TC engine is suited for this travel pattern, given the weather and humidity in SIngapore.

My take, if based on the older school of thought, heat may be a major issue to a TC engine, leading to a shorter lifespan.

All views welcome!

Edited by Micb
  • Praise 4

With the talk of smaller cc engine with TC, there are definitely many advantages over a NA engine.

I would like to check what is the view of fellow bro/sis here about the suitability of TC engine vehicle, if used for a typical sales related job, where the owner will make several short-medium trip around SIngapore, with frequent start-stop runs.

Do you think a TC engine is suited for this travel pattern, given the weather and humidity in SIngapore.

My take, if based on the older school of thought, heat may be a major issue to a TC engine, leading to a shorter lifespan.

All views welcome!

Small cc TC engines are tuned for efficiency and fuel economy. The boost pressure is less dan 1 atmospheric bar. It just help the car get over its weight from standstill to get up to cruising speed. It's not tuned for performance. I know ppl see turbo means performance. If you drive like you normally do there's nothing to worry about. This type of TC engine is tuned for long term reliability. If you do a lot of short trips do not get the turbo diesel, get the turbo petrol.

Design not too bad, own a hyundai before. The only thing is their parts wear out faster than jap made

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Design not too bad, own a hyundai before. The only thing is their parts wear out faster than jap made

Did the recent Hyundai cars, their parts still wear out faster than jap made? Or they have improved on this?

Did the recent Hyundai cars, their parts still wear out faster than jap made? Or they have improved on this?

No know. My last hyundai let go 4.years ago.

↡ Advertisement