New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

That's the best thing to do, except that i fell into my SE's 'trap', in that we made a last-min decision to choose Tucson over Sportage and Xtrail, and it was already 7 pm Sunday. We wanted to sign the paperwork then, and when we asked the SE for the specs/model of the film and the cam, she said she doesn't have it off-hand and needed to check and get back to us. Given there was no time to wait for her to get back first before signing, we went ahead and signed.

And as you know, once signed, got no bargaining power already...

already said their margin was ~$14k, and they don't know how to spend a bit more to enhance their own reputation... [thumbsdown]

Bro... you think a margin of $14,000 is a lot meh? Look at the huge building you bought your car in... plus all the service support staff and warranty... seriously need to adjust your expectations... even second hand car dealers have to earn at least $10,000 per car they sell in order to make a decent living and stay afloat... $14,000 margin is really nothing lor...
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Precisely my point lor... it's only worth $300... If wanna give (and wanna shout about it), then give something better. Else, just sell it bare and no need advertise big big they giving film and cam...

The cam is another case in point. Subaru gave blackvue, Kia gave thinkware, nissan gave (i think) papago...

and hyundai gave ... HP! If HP printer, laptop, server, i still rate... But HP car cam??? 

Bro.. Relax.

Nowadays the advertisement are full of gimmicks. 

ADs I went to want to enforce minimum loan/period + trade in cars before they can offer me their "advertised price". 

In this aspect, Komoco is considered pretty ok already.

Also, I do think your SE plays a part in your negative experience.  

Look on the bright side! We manage to bought our Tucsons below $120k during that era was already considered a steal !  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by KoreanLover
  • Praise 3

Bro.. Relax.

ADs I went to want to enforce minimum loan/period + trade in cars before they can offer me their "advertised price". 

Look on the bright side! We manage to bought our Tucsons below $120k during that era was already considered a steal !  [laugh]  [laugh]

Wah you got a good deal leh!

Turbocharged

Saddest part of the base model is that it doesn't even have a electronic tail gate which I thought is 1 of those useful features

Blessing not to have electronic tailgate as it's  a hassle when it fails and causes inconveniences.

Less electronics = better!

Tink for autohold it's set n forget. Car won't budge unless seat belt is fastened (but can override). Will also apply parking brake automatically after turning engine off. It's one of those features that one probably doesn't even think about when purchasing the car but once have it, will find its sibei useful.

Interestingly, some people cannot accept cars that dont creep forward when you release the brake, like the M3.

Interestingly, some people cannot accept cars that dont creep forward when you release the brake, like the M3.

Huh? What do you mean? Why doesn't the M3 not creep forward? Cos dual clutch? Or manual???

Bro.. Relax.

Hi bro.

Yup, ours was a decent deal, i agree. Just that it left a sour taste, esp the cam issue. You know what, actually after i brought up the issue to the supplier, they brought in at least a normal rear cam - but they just refused to change it for those given the faulty ones... And Komoco is not doing anything about it.

Also, i had this problem with the front windscreen fogging whenever it was raining, as there was aircon leak at the vent below the windscreen. First time complained about it, Komoco actually strung me along and said checked and it's normal, no problem. They obviously did not even bother to check. Only on the second time - had to make special arrangement to send down on a weekday for a whole day - then they acknowledged that the heater assembly is faulty and needs to be replaced. But it was rare, and they had never replaced one before, so didn't have the part. So had to wait for ~2 mth for them to bring it in and go down a third time (again full day, weekday) for them to get it replaced...

Anyway, the car is doing fine now - that much is a blessing. Hope it stays that way.  [laugh]

Your car ok?

Hi bro.

Yup, ours was a decent deal, i agree. Just that it left a sour taste, esp the cam issue. You know what, actually after i brought up the issue to the supplier, they brought in at least a normal rear cam - but they just refused to change it for those given the faulty ones... And Komoco is not doing anything about it.

Also, i had this problem with the front windscreen fogging whenever it was raining, as there was aircon leak at the vent below the windscreen. First time complained about it, Komoco actually strung me along and said checked and it's normal, no problem. They obviously did not even bother to check. Only on the second time - had to make special arrangement to send down on a weekday for a whole day - then they acknowledged that the heater assembly is faulty and needs to be replaced. But it was rare, and they had never replaced one before, so didn't have the part. So had to wait for ~2 mth for them to bring it in and go down a third time (again full day, weekday) for them to get it replaced...

Anyway, the car is doing fine now - that much is a blessing. Hope it stays that way.  [laugh]

Your car ok?

Hahaha bro.. I read your posts the past few pages and I will heed your advice.. Request for rebate for the solar film and the front/back HP accident cam.. and go and install myself!

But great to have you around to advice us fresh buyers on the road  [;)]

• Praise 1

Hahaha bro.. I read your posts the past few pages and I will heed your advice.. Request for rebate for the solar film and the front/back HP accident cam.. and go and install myself!

But great to have you around to advice us fresh buyers on the road  [;)]

Yes, we all want to learn from lessons and come out wiser.

No need to have everybody also must learn the same lessons, just sharing so that others can know upfront.

Good luck on your car when you get it.  [thumbsup]

Hi bro.

Your car ok?

May not be the same brand car. But my car also had fogging. First time, they mention its the auto recirculating causes it.

Then they say the motor flap. Will oil it. Since no fault code cannot change.

Then they say inside the vent got 6 motors. Could be any of the 6 motor flap. Need to take it apart.

Then came the big problem. The number of fiddling started to have alot of creeks and groan sound. Not sure if they strip and fixed back in the same sequence as some of the parts had overlapping of the plastic.

My point is, best to ask how they going to trouble shoot and replace the correct parts. Since they have acknowledged that there is a fault.

Hi bro.

Your car ok?

Bo bian bro.

*touchwood* if there's issue next time, maybe checking with their service manager Ismail might helps. *touchwood*

My rear door don't close as well as the front. Somehow I need to use more strength to close it tightly but I went there the 1st round they also told me is normal. Only during my second visit they aligned the door. 

Car so far so good. Just that I accidentally scratched the side mirror cover slightly when trying to park nearer to the wall.  :a-bang:

• Praise 1

May not be the same brand car. But my car also had fogging. First time, they mention its the auto recirculating causes it.

Then they say the motor flap. Will oil it. Since no fault code cannot change.

Then they say inside the vent got 6 motors. Could be any of the 6 motor flap. Need to take it apart.

Then came the big problem. The number of fiddling started to have alot of creeks and groan sound. Not sure if they strip and fixed back in the same sequence as some of the parts had overlapping of the plastic.

My point is, best to ask how they going to trouble shoot and replace the correct parts. Since they have acknowledged that there is a fault.

Well, first time they (almost confirmed) didn't check when i complained. 2nd time, to show me that they got work, they even took a photo of the stripped dash to show me:

post-17508-0-93803800-1520396187_thumb.jpeg

And called me said it's the part with the white sides near the middle of the photo, that is faulty. It's part of the heater assembly, and it doesn't seal completely when it should (when aircon selected to blow at body - not windscreen - only).

Told me need to replace the whole heater assembly to rectify it leh...

That was in Nov. Only finally replaced it in Jan.

• Praise 2

Well it ended well lar... sometimes it's like that lor... just need to send it back a few times... cos the issue is when you send the car in, the problem disappears... only to resurface when you collect the car... anyway warranty claims from Komoco is pretty decent at least...

Well, first time they (almost confirmed) didn't check when i complained. 2nd time, to show me that they got work, they even took a photo of the stripped dash to show me:

dash.jpeg

And called me said it's the part with the white sides near the middle of the photo, that is faulty. It's part of the heater assembly, and it doesn't seal completely when it should (when aircon selected to blow at body - not windscreen - only).

Told me need to replace the whole heater assembly to rectify it leh...

That was in Nov. Only finally replaced it in Jan.

Such a new car and have to undergo such surgery. Heart pain
  • Praise 1

Well it ended well lar... sometimes it's like that lor... just need to send it back a few times... cos the issue is when you send the car in, the problem disappears... only to resurface when you collect the car... anyway warranty claims from Komoco is pretty decent at least...

Yes, it ended well.

But only after 

- one full Sat, which they did nothing (I believe), then told me nothing is wrong

- one full weekday, when they finally bothered to strip the dash, and found the problem - but got no parts

- one full weekday, when the parts arrive

[bigcry]

If it were not because i had previous good experience with KMC, I would trash them to no end for this.

Bo bian bro.

*touchwood* if there's issue next time, maybe checking with their service manager Ismail might helps. *touchwood*

My rear door don't close as well as the front. Somehow I need to use more strength to close it tightly but I went there the 1st round they also told me is normal. Only during my second visit they aligned the door. 

Car so far so good. Just that I accidentally scratched the side mirror cover slightly when trying to park nearer to the wall.  :a-bang:

Yup, it was finally Ismail who managed to arrange to solve the problem.

The first time i went - on a Sat - he was off, so the people just took in the car early morning, then mid afternoon told me can collect, car nothing wrong...  [furious]

Then subsequently called him, and went down another time, then they stripped the dash and found the problem.

Goes to show did nothing the first time round lor... Looks like this is their SOP - first complain will treat frivolously and humour us. Only if we complain again, then will treat seriously.

Aiya, i also caused a very minor dent to the rear, when parking when car was merely about 2 mth old  [bigcry]  but v minor, so i left it...

As long as dun give other problem, then good liao. 

Have you gone for your 10K servicing already? I'll be going soon...

Yup, it was finally Ismail who managed to arrange to solve the problem.

The first time i went - on a Sat - he was off, so the people just took in the car early morning, then mid afternoon told me can collect, car nothing wrong...  [furious]

Then subsequently called him, and went down another time, then they stripped the dash and found the problem.

Goes to show did nothing the first time round lor... Looks like this is their SOP - first complain will treat frivolously and humour us. Only if we complain again, then will treat seriously.

Aiya, i also caused a very minor dent to the rear, when parking when car was merely about 2 mth old  [bigcry]  but v minor, so i left it...

As long as dun give other problem, then good liao. 

Have you gone for your 10K servicing already? I'll be going soon...

Wa bro.. Your mileage really low. Mine already 17k !

Probably will go outside for my servicing from now on since warranty restriction have been lifted. 

↡ Advertisement