New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

Wa bro.. Your mileage really low. Mine already 17k !

Probably will go outside for my servicing from now on since warranty restriction have been lifted. 

Yah lor, if this year not cos need to change my route and take highway via a longer loop, will be even lower  [laugh]

Will bring my own oil for the servicing to save on oil. Am wondering whether worthwhile to bring any other items, like spark plug and oil and air filters...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yah lor, if this year not cos need to change my route and take highway via a longer loop, will be even lower [laugh]

Will bring my own oil for the servicing to save on oil. Am wondering whether worthwhile to bring any other items, like spark plug and oil and air filters...

Bro... definitely worth to buy yourself outside... like the oil filter is only $11 outside but at Komoco they charge like $16 or more... spark plugs you almost never need to change within the life span of your COE... check your manual... I think change at 100,000 km or something like that... I always buy my own original parts and get Komoco to service during the free servicing period... since labour also free... then it's really free servicing lor... parts I rather pay less for the same thing... actually I usually get Kia parts from the stockist but it's ok... they all fit... ha ha ha...
  • Praise 1

Yah lor, if this year not cos need to change my route and take highway via a longer loop, will be even lower  [laugh]

Worth to bring own items if you intend to service there even after 10k.

For my 10k servicing, I think they only changed the oil and oil filter so the savings are very little.

Our default spark plugs are the iridium type. Like teomingern says, it should last 100k or something.

• Praise 1

Worth to bring own items if you intend to service there even after 10k.

For my 10k servicing, I think they only changed the oil and oil filter so the savings are very little.

Our default spark plugs are the iridium type. Like teomingern says, it should last 100k or something.

I'm still thinking about future plans leh... it's rather inconvenient to go Alexandra, so the other option is kemangan, i stick with them. But if it's just oil and filter change, then any workshop by right can handle too. 

The worry is of course that if go outside, workshops might try to ask me to change this change that as if too cheap, they also dun make anything...

• Praise 1

I'm still thinking about future plans leh... it's rather inconvenient to go Alexandra, so the other option is kemangan, i stick with them. But if it's just oil and filter change, then any workshop by right can handle too.

The worry is of course that if go outside, workshops might try to ask me to change this change that as if too cheap, they also dun make anything...

So you need to read your manual and remember the servicing intervals. Check before you send in lor... anyway any workshop that try to bluff you once then don't go back lor... ask for recommendations and just try try lor... you find a good one then use them again lor... you stay East side, Ubi there got plenty right?

So you need to read your manual and remember the servicing intervals. Check before you send in lor... anyway any workshop that try to bluff you once then don't go back lor... ask for recommendations and just try try lor... you find a good one then use them again lor... you stay East side, Ubi there got plenty right?

yup knew all these. The problem is it's not easy to find good, reliable and honest workshops leh... maybe it's just my (bad) luck.

had gone to one when my last new car was 3-yr old, after warranty. Was decent-priced, responsive, can solve my problems - and was a neighbour. That time COE still cheap, many people buy new cars (serviced by dealers), so his biz wasn't fantastic, and only had one staff working for him. He was good for a number of years.

Few years ago, when COE started to creep up and more people keep old cars instead of changing every 3 yr (after warranty up), his biz picked up. The result:

- hired total 6 staff plus one recep/admin girl

- prices started going up, then shot through the roof

- kept asking (sometimes didn't ask) me to replace this and that

To give an idea, he started giving gifts during festivals - that shows how much margin he has built in.

2 yr ago, replaced a batt for my car when alternator conk'ed... Ard 5.5 mth later, when i was on vacation, and asked my bro-in-law to help me start the engine every few days, the batt couldn't last 4-day interval! When informed about it, first he said it's under warranty, so will exchange when i was back. Then when i came back, he just jump-started and asked me to keep it running for 15 min... When i asked about replacement, then he said the batt was actually fine and wriggled his way out. Another 3 mth later, i had to get AA to come help jump start again... That was the last straw, 10+ yr of sticking with him (except when new cars went back dealers) apparently wasn't worth much.

There were other things he/his staff did that irked me: 

1) i went to buy aircon filter myself and changed it 3 mth before one servicing, which cost only $10. During servicing, his staff just changed it anyway, and i got charged $40.

2) Apart from labour costs, the price he charged me for a engine mount was 95% more than what stockist quoted. The alternator price was about the same, but I'll bet my last dollar that he gave me a recon part and not new one.

After that, I went to ask the stockist to recommend a honest and reliable workshop, and never went back to my neighbour again. I don't have any problem with him making reasonable money, but all that was just too much.

I've gone to the new workshop for about a year already, and now I'm hoping that it will not start the same thing - of getting me to change this and that unnecessarily...

• Praise 4

Yes, it ended well.

But only after

- one full Sat, which they did nothing (I believe), then told me nothing is wrong

- one full weekday, when they finally bothered to strip the dash, and found the problem - but got no parts

- one full weekday, when the parts arrive

[bigcry]

If it were not because i had previous good experience with KMC, I would trash them to no end for this.

Honestly, I think your case is small. The defect also not a major one. Someone might have stayed with kind of defect for 10yrs.

If new car with defects that cannot run the car need to stay in work shop 6month wait for spare part to come, then you know what is upset...Haha!

• Praise 1

Wah... your neighbor quite jialat...

Indeed...

to say i was disappointed was an understatement.

Our kids were classmates in pri school and had played together too hor...

Honestly, I think your case is small. The defect also not a major one. Someone might have stayed with kind of defect for 10yrs.

If new car with defects that cannot run the car need to stay in work shop 6month wait for spare part to come, then you know what is upset...Haha!

Wah, if got new car ends up that way, i don't think anyone should take it lying down lor. Lemon law will come in handy - either replace the car completely, or full refund will be the minimum. Need to consult those familiar, but maybe even ask for compensation...

Wah, if got new car ends up that way, i don't think anyone should take it lying down lor. Lemon law will come in handy - either replace the car completely, or full refund will be the minimum. Need to consult those familiar, but maybe even ask for compensation...

Yea, this kind of stuff even lemon law protected, no one will like to deal with...
  • Praise 1

I also say... but the reality is that no one in Singapore has either got a new car or full refund... cos the law allows repair to satisfactory level... which is subjective... and it doesn't not mention or compensate for lost time... which is sian... Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Lemon law and car replacement ONLY if cannot solve / resolved or within 6 months.

So, you can hazard a guess why most AD have some sort of a system to try it out 3 times before attempt to change.

Abit like IT rebooting the machine. give back owner. Owner come back. No fault code not going to replace it aka, window switch intermittent fault. Return owner. Else 3rd visit / try with video and pic, boh pian liao. In case owner happy happy go to Media , cannot provide service recovery.

The pic is from the Agent is for both ways. Also go to AD mfg HQ to show the fault in order to claim service credit like a cost chargeback system/ warranty. So not really take pic to show the owner as there is not a need to do that.

As far as possible ALWAYS send a former email to register the complaint as well as a subject heading with your car plate number, in case need to have a serious conversation with the Agent.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I also say... but the reality is that no one in Singapore has either got a new car or full refund... cos the law allows repair to satisfactory level... which is subjective... and it doesn't not mention or compensate for lost time... which is sian...

aiyoh, serious arrh? I've not had to find out more about the lemon law - only heard of it nia...

If so useless, then need it for what? Looks like here consumers are treated like sh*t...

i cannot imagine being inconvenienced for 6 mth when car is down... if given a similar replacement car, then maybe still LL accept it. But if nothing, then the authorities responsible for this area, should be shot. I'll like to take away their wife's car for 6 mth, then see how they will behave...

Lemon law and car replacement ONLY if cannot solve / resolved or within 6 months.

So, you can hazard a guess why most AD have some sort of a system to try it out 3 times before attempt to change.

Abit like IT rebooting the machine. give back owner. Owner come back. No fault code not going to replace it aka, window switch intermittent fault. Return owner. Else 3rd visit / try with video and pic, boh pian liao. In case owner happy happy go to Media , cannot provide service recovery.

The pic is from the Agent is for both ways. Also go to AD mfg HQ to show the fault in order to claim service credit like a cost chargeback system/ warranty. So not really take pic to show the owner as there is not a need to do that.

As far as possible ALWAYS send a former email to register the complaint as well as a subject heading with your car plate number, in case need to have a serious conversation with the Agent.

Actually that shows the importance of doing proper research before committing on any car. If the car/model/AD has a bed reputation, then good luck if decide to get it. If really kanna those type of serious problems, it's going to be a major headache.

Even if the consumer can eventually get his/her way to get a replacement, it would likely have caused a lot of angst plus likely blood pressure shooting up, not to mention the hours/days/months lost in fighting the battle... Confirmed cannot take it if old already....

• Praise 2

Actually that shows the importance of doing proper research before committing on any car. If the car/model/AD has a bed reputation, then good luck if decide to get it. If really kanna those type of serious problems, it's going to be a major headache.

Even if the consumer can eventually get his/her way to get a replacement, it would likely have caused a lot of angst plus likely blood pressure shooting up, not to mention the hours/days/months lost in fighting the battle... Confirmed cannot take it if old already....

Generally they're all the same... I'm not sure if you would avoid a car brand just because the AD wasn't so forthcoming with regards to repairing a faulty part? Often times we hear many stories but we don't really know what really happened... sometimes the owner takes to forums to ventilate but we don't know if all that is mentioned is as it happened or not... and generally also our laws are really lousy at protecting the buyer... so I guess it all works out the same for most ADs... maybe luxury brands are quite different cos of the margins they earn plus the reputation that the car brand insists on maintaining...

Hi everyone, I am interested in getting the 1.6T DCT Tucson. Have yet to test drive the car but I am very interested in getting in. However, I can across some youtube vids about Hyundai's DCT having over-heating problems in traffic jams. I have never owned a Hyundai nor a DCT car before. Anyone owning this model or any other Hyundai car with DCT facing this issue? This is sort of a deal-breaker for me cause transmission is an important part of properly maintaining a car. Thanks!

• Praise 1

aiyoh, serious arrh? I've not had to find out more about the lemon law - only heard of it nia...

If so useless, then need it for what? Looks like here consumers are treated like sh*t...

i cannot imagine being inconvenienced for 6 mth when car is down... if given a similar replacement car, then maybe still LL accept it. But if nothing, then the authorities responsible for this area, should be shot. I'll like to take away their wife's car for 6 mth, then see how they will behave...

I read that pml at times unable to solve bmw cars issue and customers have to go to outside workshops rectify. Imagine a reputable agent cannot solve customers car issues...how they gonna survive?
↡ Advertisement