New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

I read that pml at times unable to solve bmw cars issue and customers have to go to outside workshops rectify. Imagine a reputable agent cannot solve customers car issues...how they gonna survive?

Well, not unheard of, and there were very different outcomes.

When the first Toyota Soluna reached SG, there was reportedly a strange sound that BM couldn't resolve, no matter what... In the end, it didn't affect BM's reputation much, in that it continued to be among the best sellers over the years.

PML got a court case where one unhappy customer sued it in court, saying that the i think new 7 series got problem, was in/out workshop countless times in the first year. i think he wanted a full refund, but the court ruled against him, if i remember correctly.

But i will not be surprised if some are badly affected by negative vibes, and will suffer badly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi everyone, I am interested in getting the 1.6T DCT Tucson. Have yet to test drive the car but I am very interested in getting in. However, I can across some youtube vids about Hyundai's DCT having over-heating problems in traffic jams. I have never owned a Hyundai nor a DCT car before. Anyone owning this model or any other Hyundai car with DCT facing this issue? This is sort of a deal-breaker for me cause transmission is an important part of properly maintaining a car. Thanks!

feel free to join the FB for more info, https://www.facebook.com/groups/HyundaiTucson2016/

• Praise 1

Hi everyone, I am interested in getting the 1.6T DCT Tucson. Have yet to test drive the car but I am very interested in getting in. However, I can across some youtube vids about Hyundai's DCT having over-heating problems in traffic jams. I have never owned a Hyundai nor a DCT car before. Anyone owning this model or any other Hyundai car with DCT facing this issue? This is sort of a deal-breaker for me cause transmission is an important part of properly maintaining a car. Thanks!

So far not a commonplace problem... so I think you can relax and buy the car you like...

u may want to wait a bit as the new facelift is out.

Current model maybe discounted depending on the COE.

Also, i had this problem with the front windscreen fogging whenever it was raining, as there was aircon leak at the vent below the windscreen. 

Gosh i learnt something new today....my car does this too but i thought it was a natural thing cos when raining the air temp outside is colder than the cabin temp so after i turn off the engine, vapour will form inside the windshield due to temp difference. This was especially when SG temp drop to all time low couple of months back. So this is a defect?

Gosh i learnt something new today....my car does this too but i thought it was a natural thing cos when raining the air temp outside is colder than the cabin temp so after i turn off the engine, vapour will form inside the windshield due to temp difference. This was especially when SG temp drop to all time low couple of months back. So this is a defect?

For me it was a case of when driving, and it was drizzling and yet not raining so heavily till i needed to work the wiper continuously but rather just use intermittent (with about 10 sec interval), the fog will form.

This is because the outside is no longer too warm (to prevent fogging on the external surface) as the drizzle has cooled the windscreen down significantly, and then the aircon leak from the vents below the windscreen, will cool the inside surface so much, that the external surface will mist/fog up.

This was very obvious when i just go into a basement/MSCP when it was drizzling/raining outside. Once under shelter and there's no more rain, by right there is no need to move the wiper. But because the aircon cools the windscreen so much, the external will mist/fog up and i'll have to move the wiper every few seconds.

Now it doesn't happen (much) after the rectification.

If mist/fog forms on the inside because outside is colder, then blowing the aircon on the windscreen will actually help mitigate/resolve the problem i think. 

In my case, it's the inside is too cold due to aircon blowing even when i never intended for it to do so...

For me it was a case of when driving, and it was drizzling and yet not raining so heavily till i needed to work the wiper continuously but rather just use intermittent (with about 10 sec interval), the fog will form.

This is because the outside is no longer too warm (to prevent fogging on the external surface) as the drizzle has cooled the windscreen down significantly, and then the aircon leak from the vents below the windscreen, will cool the inside surface so much, that the external surface will mist/fog up.

This was very obvious when i just go into a basement/MSCP when it was drizzling/raining outside. Once under shelter and there's no more rain, by right there is no need to move the wiper. But because the aircon cools the windscreen so much, the external will mist/fog up and i'll have to move the wiper every few seconds.

Now it doesn't happen (much) after the rectification.

If mist/fog forms on the inside because outside is colder, then blowing the aircon on the windscreen will actually help mitigate/resolve the problem i think. 

In my case, it's the inside is too cold due to aircon blowing even when i never intended for it to do so...

Oh ok, different situation. 

u may want to wait a bit as the new facelift is out.

Current model maybe discounted depending on the COE.

So many variants, don’t really know which is the latest facelifted model.

Is the facelift model already selling in singapore or announced by Hyundai?

• Praise 1

So many variants, don’t really know which is the latest facelifted model.

Is the facelift model already selling in singapore or announced by Hyundai?

New facelift just announced this week at the auto show now in overseas. Usually takes at least 6-9 months+ to reach local shores. Needs to do all the paperwork, LTA inspection, VES band, testing and etc before can sell here. Probably slated for next year.

• Praise 1

Hey guys!

For you guys who are using the 1.6T, how's fuel consumption for you guys? On paper it says 7.1l/100km.

My family is considering this and Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 (cheaper by 2k). Same fuel consumption stated as Tucson 1.6T..

• Praise 1

I also say... but the reality is that no one in Singapore has either got a new car or full refund... cos the law allows repair to satisfactory level... which is subjective... and it doesn't not mention or compensate for lost time... which is sian...

compensate for lost time

That is almost like a legal clause for consequence damages that will never hold in sg.

But one can only wish it can. Lol

Hey guys!

For you guys who are using the 1.6T, how's fuel consumption for you guys? On paper it says 7.1l/100km.

My family is considering this and Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 (cheaper by 2k). Same fuel consumption stated as Tucson 1.6T..

What was the Tucson price .. ?

Hey guys!

My dad is currently driving an 1.6T, lightfooted can hit around 13km/l. full tank can reach 700km. Tucson is really a good and powerful car.

• Praise 1

Wanted to test drive the tucson 1.6T last week, it was my first choice, but was told no stock until many months later, ended up getting Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross.

• Praise 1

My dad is currently driving an 1.6T, lightfooted can hit around 13km/l. full tank can reach 700km. Tucson is really a good and powerful car.

Even my 2.0L can hit 18km/L at times, most of the time hit 15km/L

• Praise 1

Even my 2.0L can hit 18km/L at times, most of the time hit 15km/L

That's quite brilliant but is that the average over one tank or the number registered after a long highway drive on cruise control?

That's quite brilliant but is that the average over one tank or the number registered after a long highway drive on cruise control?

This was a 29km single ride with 70% on Expressway.

Do u read the avg fuel consumption from the speedo?

Yes

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1