New Hyundai Tucson

Darryl

This was a 29km single ride with 70% on Expressway.

Yes

The reading from the speedo is not accurate. its a better way to find out by dividing the km u drove with the litres u used.
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

New facelift just announced this week at the auto show now in overseas. Usually takes at least 6-9 months+ to reach local shores. Needs to do all the paperwork, LTA inspection, VES band, testing and etc before can sell here. Probably slated for next year.

Spoke to Komoco rep a few days ago, the 2019 Tucson will be open for booking in July 2018 and be available in Singapore in September 2019. Currently no 2018 Tucson in stock.

• Praise 1

Any Tucson watsapp grp? Going to get my Tucson soon. Would like to join. Can invite me?

Yes we have a watsapp chatgrp for Tucson. But is super active 24/7 so is advisable to mute the grp for 1 year in order not to get disturbed by notification by non Tucson related topic chats. Can PM me and i will add u in.
  • Praise 1

Yes we have a watsapp chatgrp for Tucson. But is super active 24/7 so is advisable to mute the grp for 1 year in order not to get disturbed by notification by non Tucson related topic chats. Can PM me and i will add u in.

PMed you... thanks

Supercharged

Spoke to Komoco rep a few days ago, the 2019 Tucson will be open for booking in July 2018 and be available in Singapore in September 2019. Currently no 2018 Tucson in stock.

Book in July 2018 and collect in September 2019? Did I read wrongly?

Book in July 2018 and collect in September 2019? Did I read wrongly?

Ha should be 2018 ba. Sian I wanna take the new facelift version but my sales say might need to wait till October - Nov period then launch.

Need car in August so no choice take current version.

Ha should be 2018 ba. Sian I wanna take the new facelift version but my sales say might need to wait till October - Nov period then launch.

Need car in August so no choice take current version.

Then why book so early? Can wait a bit later right? Just drive your current car lor...

Supercharged
(edited)

Sorry. September 2018.

Any major differences with the current version? The 1.6T version disappeared from sgcarmart. Edited by Daniu82

Then why book so early? Can wait a bit later right? Just drive your current car lor...

Cos need car in July and I see the facelift version not much difference.

Any major differences with the current version? The 1.6T version disappeared from sgcarmart.

Think no more turbo charge. Only 2 litre version for the new facelift.

Mine is turbo charge 1.6

• Praise 2

Cos need car in July and I see the facelift version not much difference.

Think no more turbo charge. Only 2 litre version for the new facelift.

Mine is turbo charge 1.6

How do you like the 1.6 turbo engine? Good? What was your experience at the test drive?

How do you like the 1.6 turbo engine? Good? What was your experience at the test drive?

The driving experience is gd. Pretty powerful. You dun feel the car is lacking any power during any stage of the driving.

Overtaking also no issues

That sounds just great! Was a great pity they didn't bring it in for the Sonata... it would have been the killer model... drive a Cat B car with Cat A COE and taxes...

That sounds just great! Was a great pity they didn't bring it in for the Sonata... it would have been the killer model... drive a Cat B car with Cat A COE and taxes...

Thought the bhp of the 1.6 turbo would exceed 130bhp and still in Cat B?

Agree it would be a even better drive on the sonata since that is really the weakest link of the current 2.0NA engine.

However, it would be more expensive and base on market maturity for the brand, it won't sell here given the current 2.0 model already struggling despite such competitive pricing for a car of such spec. Masses in this region of the world still expect budget pricing for the brand, regardless of anything. The brand has not reached the "Samsung" equivalent status yet.

The Kia Stinger is a good testing ground to test the level of sophistication and perception of the market.

• Praise 2

Thought the bhp of the 1.6 turbo would exceed 130bhp and still in Cat B?

Agree it would be a even better drive on the sonata since that is really the weakest link of the current 2.0NA engine.

However, it would be more expensive and base on market maturity for the brand, it won't sell here given the current 2.0 model already struggling despite such competitive pricing for a car of such spec. Masses in this region of the world still expect budget pricing for the brand, regardless of anything. The brand has not reached the "Samsung" equivalent status yet.

The Kia Stinger is a good testing ground to test the level of sophistication and perception of the market.

I thought if they bit the bullet and earned a bit less, that represented a seminal opportunity to raise the brand awareness and up sell the tech of the 1.6 turbo... that engine is a very good one... both power delivery and fuel efficiency...