Query about buying reconditioned car, axio x vs fielder 2010

max15

Hello,

I would like to buy toyota Axio x grade 2010 model's reconditioned car. Please help me to advise the following:

1. The condition and performance of gear box of Axio 2010 since I heard it has problems and needs to be fixed soon.

2. Axio 2010 or Fielder 2010 which one will be better in terms of performance

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I'm not particularly well informed on either car since I'm not a fan of Corollas... so forgive me, I don't research them thoroughly [sweatdrop]

But I believe the Corolla Fielder is a estate/wagon version of the Axio, yes? I would at least expect that the Axio would handle better than the Fielder as a result.

Twincharged

Hello,

I would like to buy toyota Axio x grade 2010 model's reconditioned car. Please help me to advise the following:

1. The condition and performance of gear box of Axio 2010 since I heard it has problems and needs to be fixed soon.

If i not wrong,there are some Yellow Top Taxis using Axio,i think the gearbox can lasts huge mileage..if serviced properly.

Twincharged

I have driven mine since 2008. Heard of potential gearbox issue but never encountered this problem.

BB car that can be seen everywhere.

I feel like renewing at 10 years after changing brake pads as OMV very low.

Hello,

I'm not particularly well informed on either car since I'm not a fan of Corollas... so forgive me, I don't research them thoroughly [sweatdrop]

But I believe the Corolla Fielder is a estate/wagon version of the Axio, yes? I would at least expect that the Axio would handle better than the Fielder as a result.

Thanks for your reply

If i not wrong,there are some Yellow Top Taxis using Axio,i think the gearbox can lasts huge mileage..if serviced properly.

Thanks for your reply

I have driven mine since 2008. Heard of potential gearbox issue but never encountered this problem.

BB car that can be seen everywhere.

I feel like renewing at 10 years after changing brake pads as OMV very low.

Thanks for your reply..

Hi, what you mean by 're-conditioned'?

A re-conditioned car is used car but was repaired, i.e worn out parts is replaced, re-painted and if interior parts like those seats looks old will be re-upholstered. The car should look like new.

Re-conditioned car does not necessarily mean that it is defective but it should run like it is brand new.

Twincharged

A re-conditioned car is used car but was repaired, i.e worn out parts is replaced, re-painted and if interior parts like those seats looks old will be re-upholstered. The car should look like new.

Re-conditioned car does not necessarily mean that it is defective but it should run like it is brand new.

Anyway,i don't think anybody will "Re-Con" a 5 years old run out of mill Japanese car,somemore is P.I.,i think your "Re-Con",means just a new coat of paint & engine compartment clean out[this is what most used car dealers will do]...check out its mileage..is important.

Turbocharged

Basically the word "reconditioned" is a nice sales word for "used".

Which 2nd hand car doesn't go through repaint if needed, abit of servicing and upholstery before putting on sale?

Instead of looking at superficial things which can be fixed yourself, you should look at the engine conditions, mileage, gearboxes and interior classis for signs of collision (not exterior dents!)

A nice and clean car at doesn't move is useless.

The way you mentioned, the car you looking at have gearbox issues? If yes, avoid. Repair costs for cvt gearboxes are no joke and fixing them may not fully solve the issues. I have that low confidence for local mechanics when it comes to cvt gearboxes, unless you have links to the few experts, prepare to pay the price. Cvt full replacement can reach high 4 figure costs.

• Praise 1

Hello,

I recently just sold my Axio away, nothing wrong with it just feel like changing to a bigger car that's all. Engine wise there is no difference between Axio, Fielder or even Allion. They have the same engine platform. Only difference is the interior and for Axio it does not have tachometer (its no big deal if you can leave with it). As some posted earlier if there is problem with the gearbox chances are its hard to repair to its original condition. For my Axio, I do not have problem with my gearbox, or dashboard becoming sticky (some people mention it as well). Basically it has serve me really well in terms of power, fuel efficiency and maintenance. I would suggest you bring your mechanic to look at the car first before making the decision to buy it. At least you can bargain with the dealer. Good luck.

Thanks for your valuable advice

I recently just sold my Axio away, nothing wrong with it just feel like changing to a bigger car that's all. Engine wise there is no difference between Axio, Fielder or even Allion. They have the same engine platform. Only difference is the interior and for Axio it does not have tachometer (its no big deal if you can leave with it). As some posted earlier if there is problem with the gearbox chances are its hard to repair to its original condition. For my Axio, I do not have problem with my gearbox, or dashboard becoming sticky (some people mention it as well). Basically it has serve me really well in terms of power, fuel efficiency and maintenance. I would suggest you bring your mechanic to look at the car first before making the decision to buy it. At least you can bargain with the dealer. Good luck.

Turbocharged

Arrange for it to be sent to AA for inspection at your own cost if you're not familiar.

If dealer unwilling, it's a red flag to me. I'd walk away

Arrange for it to be sent to AA for inspection at your own cost if you're not familiar.

If dealer unwilling, it's a red flag to me. I'd walk away

thank u

Basically the word "reconditioned" is a nice sales word for "used".

Which 2nd hand car doesn't go through repaint if needed, abit of servicing and upholstery before putting on sale?

Instead of looking at superficial things which can be fixed yourself, you should look at the engine conditions, mileage, gearboxes and interior classis for signs of collision (not exterior dents!)

A nice and clean car at doesn't move is useless.

The way you mentioned, the car you looking at have gearbox issues? If yes, avoid. Repair costs for cvt gearboxes are no joke and fixing them may not fully solve the issues. I have that low confidence for local mechanics when it comes to cvt gearboxes, unless you have links to the few experts, prepare to pay the price. Cvt full replacement can reach high 4 figure costs.

thanks

↡ Advertisement