Ceramic PPS on White cars

Viper0419

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you noticed from the various pictures posted online that seem to suggest that white cars does not shine as much as dark colors (especially black) cars when they have undergone some ceramic pps.

I don't think this is brand/groomer specific as I have looked through all the pics from the various groomers offering pps but cannot find a white car that look as glossy as a black car. Any white car owner who has done a pps can comment on this?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you noticed from the various pictures posted online that seem to suggest that white cars does not shine as much as dark colors (especially black) cars when they have undergone some ceramic pps.

I don't think this is brand/groomer specific as I have looked through all the pics from the various groomers offering pps but cannot find a white car that look as glossy as a black car. Any white car owner who has done a pps can comment on this?

well for starters... white cars are often solid paint...

I'm not sure you should compare a white car to a black car, as the nature of the colour may have some impact on visual (as opposed to measured) glossiness. Probably more appropriate to do a before treatment and after treatment comparison of a white car, to assess the effect on glossiness.

I've a white car that's undergone the Ceramic Pro treatment, but my main aim was not enhanced glossiness but protection of the paint from contaminants, minor scratches, etc.

"Contrast" is the phenomenon behind this. Considering that the Ceramic coat is on the lighter side of colour, to bring out the best of it, you need a darker background. Darkest is the black and Ceramic shines on it. White is probably the lightest and it does not go well with it. You may also notice that white cars are generally not metallic (they are solid paint) which by itself has less shining.

Strangely the gloss reading taken after PPS comes out on higher side on white cars (95 and above). Based on my experience, whether it shines are not, white cars MUST have some PPS to protect them from UV.

Just do it!

↡ Advertisement