Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Twincharged

I paid for a dining table in full 2 years back n the company wound up before delivery date.

Friend told me to report to the credit card company under cardholder's dispute n so I did that but was skeptical on what the bank could do since it was a willing buyer, willing seller situation.

To my surprise, I got a full refund after 2 mths. Whilst this a different situation from the scamming one, I think cardholder could report to the bank under cardholder's dispute and I would expect some results because compared to my situation, this really is a dispute as the amount charged was not what the agreed amount was, good luck!!

I bought groupon for an eatery also but it also closed before I went down ... emailed them and got refund credit back into my groupon account ...

as for streetdeal, actually you can't blame anyone if you do not read the t&c ... I bought before and I kenah the membership - but that is with knowledge as I emailed them to ask about it also... so just before the renewal, I emailed them to cancel the sub.

so far I only lost my money on two deals because I overlooked the expiry dates ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Finally, ST reports

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/membership-fee-riles-online-shopper

Seems like there are still "naive" online shoppers around...

Read Facebook comments are flooded with people complaining about streetdeal, olaprice and rivalife, these 3 are the one people should avoid . Hopefully case can clamp down hard on streetdeal and ola. It's been dragging too long. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

Scammers Scammers everywhere........but who is the Greatest Scammers of all..........................................................

selfie_pmleenajib.jpg?itok=qP3ElQsP

Edited by Nightkids
  • Praise 2

brother, delete lah

tan tio dai jee

boh hua lah

Read Facebook comments are flooded with people complaining about streetdeal, olaprice and rivalife, these 3 are the one people should avoid . Hopefully case can clamp down hard on streetdeal and ola. It's been dragging too long.

haha

I only buy online from:

1) amazon

2) taobao

3) qoo

4) fairprice

• Praise 2

I've always believe... if the deal is too cheap, then something is wrong somewhere.

That said, i've come across carousell sellers who scam others with high prices too..

Its always safe to check thoroughly before committing, i guess

• Praise 2

haha

I only buy online from:

1) amazon

2) taobao

3) qoo

4) fairprice

So far, I've bought from Amazon, ebay, dx, aliexpress.

Didn't have much problem.

• Praise 3

So far, I've bought from Amazon, ebay, dx, aliexpress.

Didn't have much problem.

I forgot about dx and ebay

so long never buy from dx

ever since got taobao, dx not useful anymore

• Praise 3

(edited)

http://business.asiaone.com/news/2-online-shopping-sites-apologise-hidden-fee

Finally justice is done. Don't know why case took so long to investigate where there are 201 complaints from Jan 14 to Oct 15. 

In fact if received more then 30 complaints they should actioned on it already. Why wait until august ? So much for inefficiency.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Better let others try all these new websites first!

After a few years no complaint then patronise them.  There are many many other established alternatives.

• Praise 3