Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Supersonic

One of the most persistent telemarketer I encountered was worse than scammer. Already wanted to finish the call then she said don't want nevermind, she went on to ask personal details so she can "update the bank records". Told her no need and no reason for her to get data, she still continue pestering. CCB.

When dealing with such people, you have to be rude.

Either hang up or put the phone down and let her yak away,

Then you'll hear "hello ? hello ?" and the sound of disconnect tone.

↡ Advertisement

How do you respond to bank telemarketers that call every other day?

I use the Truecaller app

I just tell them I not qualify, most of the time they will hang up.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

if insurance, I tell them I just had a review with my agent yesterday, and from the same company as them.  [:p]

I once told a CC salesman my salary is $1500 and I very interested!!  He say sorry and walk away  [laugh]

When dealing with such people, you have to be rude.

yeah. I usually will just say politely twice (Max) that I don't need their service. Any further attempts to talk will be met with a "click" sound.

• Praise 2

I use the Truecaller app

I once told a CC salesman my salary is $1500 and I very interested!! He say sorry and walk away [laugh]

yeah. I usually will just say politely twice (Max) that I don't need their service. Any further attempts to talk will be met with a "click" sound.

you carry your payslip around? good idea later i go print one with 1k gross.

(edited)

ccb since the trump kim summit

got more span calls from overseas

the frightening thing is they know my name and office number

had a check some business listing had my name on it

just gotten another one from auz asking if i need agent to source for Australians to come here and work and out source my Australia audit service to them

post-131345-0-27308800-1529299243_thumb.jpg

btw

if you need to know

my real name donald kim love radx

Edited by Staff69

I got a call from this guy from my office phone checking fx rate for Westom Union. Told him this is not Weston Union. He called another two times and i gave the same reply. He called the fourth time and insisted he called the correct number. Then i told him i will gladly accept any money he wished to transfer to my own savings account. Then he hung up.

He called another two times but kept quiet. I also picked up his call and kept quiet.

Will i be in trouble if he really transfer money to my personal savings account and i keep the money? The guy wana buy $50k of USD.

Supercharged

Will i be in trouble if he really transfer money to my personal savings account and i keep the money? The guy wana buy $50k of USD.

u may end up in the same situation as najeep.. except pple transfer millions to him.. 

Twincharged

This must put to stop leh.. Can't telco able to identify spoof contact number? I can't believe it that with advancement of technology telco still so lag behind in determining which is real contact number and which is fake contact number..

Supersonic

I got a call from this guy from my office phone checking fx rate for Westom Union. Told him this is not Weston Union. He called another two times and i gave the same reply. He called the fourth time and insisted he called the correct number. Then i told him i will gladly accept any money he wished to transfer to my own savings account. Then he hung up.

He called another two times but kept quiet. I also picked up his call and kept quiet.

so strange that some people like to keep calling back the same number even though already said that its wrong number...

Haha .. I had a girl kept calling me for A FEW YEARS, say why I ignore her.

this one may not be wrong number :XD:
  • Praise 1

This must put to stop leh.. Can't telco able to identify spoof contact number? I can't believe it that with advancement of technology telco still so lag behind in determining which is real contact number and which is fake contact number..

What's telco incentive for doing that?

You can always register yourself with do not call registry.

https://www.dnc.gov.sg/index.html

i bet they just try every +65, then 8 digit number starting with 6, 8 & 9, cos almost everyone will receive these calls.

Supersonic

I may be wrong here, but telco lines before Internet is based on "cooperative" signalling.

CLI is used by telco with fixed numbers controlled by them, so they know exactly how to connect one to the other party and which number assigned to them.

Then came IP phones. You can buy a IP network server/lines and create all kinds of nonsense numbers.

Since this is not regulated/controlled by telcos, you can't "catch" them.

So someone calling you or text you can be your next door neigbour but what you see, appears to be coming from USA, Australia or whatever number they want to spoof.

Internet has always been about cooperative signalling, assigned IP address by relevant authority.

However, hackers, crackers doesn't care. Once they get on the network, they do whatever they like to disrupt the cooperative nature of the system.

So some of the system can be controlled, but some part you can't.

• Praise 1

i bet they just try every +65, then 8 digit number starting with 6, 8 & 9, cos almost everyone will receive these calls.

Wonder why they dun kanna any of the cabinet people and their family...

imagine if LHL kanna this, then surely he will try to do something to stop them...

I am on DNC, but still receive tons of those illegal moneylending sms's and whatsapps... i hope LHL's phone gets flooded with these, then maybe he'll force the telcos to trace these numbers and get the matas to round them up...

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I may be wrong here, but telco lines before Internet is based on "cooperative" signalling.

CLI is used by telco with fixed numbers controlled by them, so they know exactly how to connect one to the other party and which number assigned to them.

Then came IP phones. You can buy a IP network server/lines and create all kinds of nonsense numbers.

Since this is not regulated/controlled by telcos, you can't "catch" them.

So someone calling you or text you can be your next door neigbour but what you see, appears to be coming from USA, Australia or whatever number they want to spoof.

Internet has always been about cooperative signalling, assigned IP address by relevant authority.

However, hackers, crackers doesn't care. Once they get on the network, they do whatever they like to disrupt the cooperative nature of the system.

So some of the system can be controlled, but some part you can't.

Hmm.. IP phone surely will leave some trace that it's from certain IP address that spoof the contact number right?

Wonder why they dun kanna any of the cabinet people and their family...

imagine if LHL kanna this, then surely he will try to do something to stop them...

I am on DNC, but still receive tons of those illegal moneylending sms's and whatsapps... i hope LHL's phone gets flooded with these, then maybe he'll force the telcos to trace these numbers and get the matas to round them up...

Besides getting sms and WhatsApp, i was called by these people and they even say “i know u need money so don’t paiseh to borrow”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3