Beware of scammers

Yewheng

Everyday when one passes J.P to the boon Lay train station, you'd noticed many youngster hanging around the sites, indoors and outdoors, bank promotors pitching credit card, or blind aunties and wheelchair bound uncles selling tissue papers 3 for a bucks, that was ok, however

A young man peddling for some charity for donation to handicapped ppl or something in that situation, I search for my wallet to wipe out couples of dollars, the young fellow rejected saying minimum donation is $10.00 upwards, I was like . . .

Huh even donation has a certain amount of dollars to be sanctioned up to $100.00, didn't want to make a fuss, I walked away thinking is it correct way of poaching or pitching certain amount of dollars, I could be wrong to overestimate the situation, somehow i feel something not right, it may not be a scam alright. :wacko:

Anyone brothers/ sisters have similar encounter ??

• Praise 1

Everyday when one passes J.P to the boon Lay train station, you'd noticed many youngster hanging around the sites, indoors and outdoors, bank promotors pitching credit card, or blind aunties and wheelchair bound uncles selling tissue papers 3 for a bucks, that was ok, however

A young man peddling for some charity for donation to handicapped ppl or something in that situation, I search for my wallet to wipe out couples of dollars, the young fellow rejected saying minimum donation is $10.00 upwards, I was like . . .

Huh even donation has a certain amount of dollars to be sanctioned up to $100.00, didn't want to make a fuss, I walked away thinking is it correct way of poaching or pitching certain amount of dollars, I could be wrong to overestimate the situation, somehow i feel something not right, it may not be a scam alright. :wacko:

Anyone brothers/ sisters have similar encounter ??

Got commission one

I don’t know how much

Want to donate, donate to comm chest

• Praise 3

Another one .....

Just for fun I mouse over and the link is some vmcp10.myhost.....

post-157298-0-75408600-1538532483_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

Another one .....

WA, it's getting more and more difficult to distinguish between real and fake. Now they even have portrait of a guy wearing suit to make it seems like a legit one. Darn it..

WA, it's getting more and more difficult to distinguish between real and fake. Now they even have portrait of a guy wearing suit to make it seems like a legit one. Darn it..

That 1 portrait photo is @discoburg..... all new makeover   [laugh]  

This is their modus operandi.

haven't we read those news where dirty old men tio scams by 'Young Pretty Girls', who are men behind those chio bus photos...

• Praise 1

Another one .....

That guy looks like a sweet young con artiste ( for sure ) [:|]

The "In-Word" for the month of Sept/Oct is Fake and Real Fake, what will be Nov/Dec huh ??

• Praise 1

13 cheated of S$366,000 in 4D lottery scams: Police

The victims were contacted via social media platforms such as Facebook or through private messages and asked to buy an amulet that purportedly came with a winning 4D ticket, police said.
The scammer told the victim to pay a sum of money to "invite the God of Fortune" to provide winning 4D numbers, police added.

The victims were then told that someone who helped them buy their 4D numbers in Malaysia had won and they would be given a portion of their winnings.

"However, victims had to first transfer a token sum to Thailand for the deities to bless the money before they could receive it," the news release said.

Police said that the scammers became uncontactable after the money was transferred.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/4d-lottery-scam-police-deity-lucky-number-10992130

• Praise 1

Lol.

These 13 fellows deserve it la. The real surprise is that they had 366k in the first place.

i think these 13 fellow also scammers, but they met a bigger scammer   [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1