Can the other driver make claim for Minor accident?

Hi all bros,

Was driving towards JB this morning. Many cars at the queue at Singapore side checkpoint.

Accidently scraped the car next to me.

We both come out from the car and took pictures of the light scratch on the paintwork and each plate number.

After done that we both drives on without taking any personnel particular of each other.

My concern is can the other party make claim on this and should I report to my insurance...just in case.

Cheers... :a-SOS::a-SOS:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

bro, under the Motor Claims Framework, you are supposed to report an accident, minor or major, to your insurer within 24 hours.

THREE STEPS TO DO IN A CAR ACCIDENT

1a) Exchange Particulars of Parties Involved in the Accident and take note of the vehicle numbers

1b) Take photos of the scene of the accident and the damages to all vehicles

2) Call Your Insurer's Hotline for a Tow-Truck or further advice on the accident

3) Report within 24 Hours or by the next working day

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Hi all bros,

Was driving towards JB this morning. Many cars at the queue at Singapore side checkpoint.

We both come out from the car and took pictures of the light scratch on the paintwork and each plate number.

After done that we both drives on without taking any personnel particular of each other.

My concern is can the other party make claim on this and should I report to my insurance...just in case.

The other driver can make a report and try to claim. You also need to make a report.

• Praise 1

In this situation, the following is recommended.

1. Execute a private settlement form duly signed by both parties with drivers particulars

2. Report to your Insurance company with that form, sketch, photos, Car-cam videos within 24 hours. (it is offence if you do not do even for minor accident like this)

It is a side sweep. Even if the other driver puts a claim, it would be a 50:50 settlement. So, do not worry.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Both side got no particular of each other ... can claim meh

Claim is against the owner of the car that is registered under his/her name.

Lawyer will be able to request these data from LTA/TP.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Why not? Book under hit and run lol

That would be worse... better make the report now to cover yourself. At most if the other guy reports, it becomes a normal case.

• Praise 1

If it is a small claim or no claim or private settlement:-

1) Park the vehicles at the road shoulder or any place which is not obstructing the traffic

2) Get a piece of paper and pen

3) Draft a simple discharge voucher or statement to agree not to hold you liable for this incident. Something like below:-

I.................................... the driver of the vehicle ............................... hereby agree to discharge all liabilities of the driver of the vehicle no .................... by accepting the sum of .................................. (delete this if not applicable) as compensation arising from the vehicular accident which occurred at or around ..................................... time/date at .........................................

signed by the third party's vehicle....

I did that most of the time and will keep it for 5 years. If i'm not wrong, a third party still can intimate a claim against you in the next 5 years under common law.

• Praise 1

It is very common to see people coming from Boonlay Way turning tight to Strategy or people dashing from Synergy parking straight across. I find the later ones are more dangerous. Why can't they go around the round-about just few meters away.

Just to share this...do take more care if you happen to be in this area

https://youtu.be/81olQzFwu-w

https://youtu.be/81olQzFwu-w

• Praise 1

Hi all bros,

Thank you and appreciate your good feedback.

I'll make a report just to ensure my back is covered.

Have a nice day ahead.Cheers.

It is very common to see people coming from Boonlay Way turning tight to Strategy or people dashing from Synergy parking straight across. I find the later ones are more dangerous. Why can't they go around the round-about just few meters away.

I can only say laziness has no cure [smash]

• Praise 1

Hi all bros,

It is possible as they have every right to do so. Luckily yours is just a light scratch. (Worse Case -> Had it been a minor knock, the other party might claim for personal injuries too, which may last years. A simple knock may hurt neck, spinal cord, etc. (just to exaggerate the case).

Attached is the template, which I hope none of us here will use. It can be in writing with the key points. Must state drivers' particulars and signatures too.

Hope this helps. Personally I think the majority are good and honest drivers. A handshake, verbal agreement, is as good as a binding contract. This private settlement form is not just to safeguard your interest, but to safeguard the interest of the other party too.

Accident Private Settlement Form.pdf

Make a report whenever there is an accident, regardless whether you're making a 3rd party claim or claiming your own insurance. If either of the above, still make a report and indicate in the report form "Reporting Only". You can still make changes after the first reporting if you decide to make a 3rd party claim or claiming your own insurance by filling up an Addendum Form.

A lorry reversed and bumped onto my ride.

Just 2 dents, I estimate the repair costs to be around $600 to $800 (excluding lost of use)?

the driver was sending his mom to the market, I saw his (old) mom is on tongkat.

The lorry belongs to his company.

He agrees to pay for the repair and asked me not to report because it may affect his job.

He seems to be very caring looking after his mom in exemplary filial piety,

I decided not to report and sent my ride to his friend workshop.

Have not settle the repair, hope he don't sabo me.

post-143314-0-82170400-1434098856_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

bro, under the Motor Claims Framework, you are supposed to report an accident, minor or major, to your insurer within 24 hours.

THREE STEPS TO DO IN A CAR ACCIDENT

1a) Exchange Particulars of Parties Involved in the Accident and take note of the vehicle numbers

1b) Take photos of the scene of the accident and the damages to all vehicles

2) Call Your Insurer's Hotline for a Tow-Truck or further advice on the accident

3) Report within 24 Hours or by the next working day

Thanks for sharing, very useful info!

Happy weekend!

A lorry reversed and bumped onto my ride.

Just 2 dents, I estimate the repair costs to be around $600 to $800 (excluding lost of use)?

the driver was sending his mom to the market, I saw his (old) mom is on tongkat.

The lorry belongs to his company.

He agrees to pay for the repair and asked me not to report because it may affect his job.

He seems to be very caring looking after his mom in exemplary filial piety,

I decided not to report and sent my ride to his friend workshop.

Have not settle the repair, hope he don't sabo me.

attachicon.gifIMG_2372.JPG

Sorry to see the dents

U r a kind soul! ;)

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Happy weekend!

↡ Advertisement