How to sell my car plate number and use my retained number?

Scenario:

My old car going to scrap.

I am buying a 2nd hand car.

I retain my old car number.

I want to sell the 2nd hand car number

Then I want to use back my retained number on the 2nd hand car.

Can be done? If so, how to go about doing it? I know I can go to onemotoring to retain number. Just not sure about the selling part.

↡ Advertisement

Need to pay 1.3k to put back your existing number to 2nd hand car. Pay another 1.3k to retain 2nd hand car plate. Find a buyer for plate, get a scrap car, put the retained 2nd hand plate and transfer to buyer. You be paying several $11 to do transfer here and there. More of a hassle. Is the 2nd hand plate so special?

Scenario:

My old car going to scrap.

I am buying a 2nd hand car.

I retain my old car number.

I want to sell the 2nd hand car number

Then I want to use back my retained number on the 2nd hand car.

Can be done? If so, how to go about doing it? I know I can go to onemotoring to retain number. Just not sure about the selling part.

Need to pay 1.3k to put back your existing number to 2nd hand car. Pay another 1.3k to retain 2nd hand car plate. Find a buyer for plate, get a scrap car, put the retained 2nd hand plate and transfer to buyer. You be paying several $11 to do transfer here and there. More of a hassle. Is the 2nd hand plate so special?

Its a 3 number plate, not so sure if special or not, so just asking the procedure.

Twincharged

Its a 3 number plate, not so sure if special or not, so just asking the procedure.

What is the 3 numbers.?If number like 228,338,888,118...people will pay high price.

Turbocharged

Sell the second hand car's number, you can get the buyer to cover the cost of transfer which will be 1.3k if he is transferring to an existing car, or 100 if he will register it on a new car.

LTA will auto-generate a new number for your second hand car. Now transfer your current car's number to your second hand car for 1.3k.

Least hassle IMO, especially for the sale of the second hand car's number. Only need to do the transfer if you manage to find a buyer. Else if you retain first and can't find a buyer, you have wasted 1.3k.

Search onemotoring.com.sg

Also search here using the SEARCH

Discussed b4

Thread closed

↡ Advertisement