2015 Mazda 2

enthucarowner

I see... then have u been to any workshops for your oil replacement/other miscellaneous works besides going back to TEM?

I'm a AD guy although I've been on a lookout for outside workshops as the car is out of warranty. Haven't found any yet. I like to have that psychological confidence that when the car comes out of the workshop, it's going to give me fuss free driving until the next servicing 6 months later. AD I know they follow a checklist but outside workshop they will only replace when the part is dying, which means I might need to keep popping in to change things. 

My mileage is low, now 22k, but 30k servicing was done 3 months ago and I've paid for the 40k servicing at TEK to be used by end of this year. I'm thinking of doing the next service (repeat the 30k servicing which is just normal oil change) servicing at Mazda JB in 3 months time.

Then go back to TEK to do the major 40k at the end of the year. 

So I still get the AD experience and get the car checked out every 6 months without breaking the bank.

I don't know much about cars but I expect wear and tear parts to be checked and replaced at these twice a year servicings, as well as having the fluids topped up because in our weather, it will evaporate although I don't use it much.

I had bad experience with outside workshop on my previous car, told me servicing completed and I anyhow whack asked if spark plugs need to change, only then they went to check the spark plugs. After that I went back to AD, which wasn't perfect, as some belt thing worn off 2 weeks after the servicing and I made a lot of noise with them since they should've spotted it was wearing down during the servicing 2 weeks ago. 

I'm a AD guy although I've been on a lookout for outside workshops as the car is out of warranty. Haven't found any yet. I like to have that psychological confidence that when the car comes out of the workshop, it's going to give me fuss free driving until the next servicing 6 months later. AD I know they follow a checklist but outside workshop they will only replace when the part is dying, which means I might need to keep popping in to change things. 

My mileage is low, now 22k, but 30k servicing was done 3 months ago and I've paid for the 40k servicing at TEK to be used by end of this year. I'm thinking of doing the next service (repeat the 30k servicing which is just normal oil change) servicing at Mazda JB in 3 months time.

Then go back to TEK to do the major 40k at the end of the year. 

So I still get the AD experience and get the car checked out every 6 months without breaking the bank.

I don't know much about cars but I expect wear and tear parts to be checked and replaced at these twice a year servicings, as well as having the fluids topped up because in our weather, it will evaporate although I don't use it much.

I had bad experience with outside workshop on my previous car, told me servicing completed and I anyhow whack asked if spark plugs need to change, only then they went to check the spark plugs. After that I went back to AD, which wasn't perfect, as some belt thing worn off 2 weeks after the servicing and I made a lot of noise with them since they should've spotted it was wearing down during the servicing 2 weeks ago. 

i see.. so what would you recommend to an aspiring M2 hatchback buyer? Normal or Deluxe variant?

i see.. so what would you recommend to an aspiring M2 hatchback buyer? Normal or Deluxe variant?

Do you have any idea if the current Deluxe model has Apple Carplay? Mine is the 2015 Deluxe model. No Carplay. But if the new one has Carplay, I think it makes the Deluxe worth it. The built in navigation system isn't fantastic and expensive to update.

There are many people who bought the standard version and added a lot of the deluxe features on their own, like buying an android system, reverse camera, 16" wheels. If you've the time and are willing to spend the effort of running around, you're bound to save quite a bit. 

The only thing that makes me feel great with my Deluxe is the auto LED headlights and DRL. That's something you can't legally change. Yeah I know... SG roads are bright enough blah blah. But it differentiates my car from the M2 Grab car, other than mine being a HB and most M2 Grab cars are sedan.

It's easy to change the halogen lights to LEDs without being the centre of attraction of the passing TP if done properly (proper auto-levelling and alignment) and change it back for inspection... but I follow law. 

I think you would have gathered by now I have an odd preference and taste when it comes to what I look out for when buying a car and how I maintain it. 

So standard or deluxe? It depends on whether you're willing to spend the time to embark on a standard to deluxe project or whether you want everything done up for you in one package. You might find enjoyment in it, but you risk your warranty at TEK unless you do it after the warranty ends. 

i have some problem with my 2 months old m2 hb

anyone experience the gearbox jerk when shifting from P to R facing down slope?

air con temperature not constant when stopping at traffic light (I stop not activate)

car vibrating

rpm sometime drop to 500 & start vibrating.

the istop icon disappear & rpm will drop to 500.

when reversing, without any throttle, vibrate also....

stupid tek tell me downslope jerk is normal.

than tell me he cant feel any vibrating.

zzzzz

they just want to push everyting away

• Praise 2

air con temperature not constant when stopping at traffic light (I stop not activate)

car vibrating

zzzzz

u got take a video of the vibration?

• Praise 2

car vibrating

zzzzz

FWIW I prefer to short-form and say our HB is mz2...

Not to be confused with the BMW M2.. or M3/6! Lol

With Istop switched off, the rpm will occasionally fluctuate. This is by default. I’m not a professional. Just a user of this car.

Maybe can check with @discobug?

As for aircon matter. If u car stops, but u did not depress brakes fully for istop activation. The feel should still be all right with the aircon coldness working.

Only with istop on. Then there will be only the fan blowing feels.

• Praise 1

FWIW I prefer to short-form and say our HB is mz2...

Not to be confused with the BMW M2.. or M3/6! Lol

With Istop switched off, the rpm will occasionally fluctuate. This is by default. I’m not a professional. Just a user of this car.

Maybe can check with @discobug?

As for aircon matter. If u car stops, but u did not depress brakes fully for istop activation. The feel should still be all right with the aircon coldness working.

Only with istop on. Then there will be only the fan blowing feels.

I don't switch my istop off but I don't let it kick in (don't step the brake all the way) if I know the traffic light is a short wait. This rpm fluctuating has been irritating me recently and I'm still monitoring. Just passed the 20k mark, so I guess that's when the vibrations become more noticeable when the rpm falls too low. It doesn't stall the car as it will go back up again. I want to ask TEK if they're able to reprogram the ECU to prevent the rpm from dropping too low, like what they've done on the 1st gen Mz3s according to that thread. Given their pattern, I'm not having much hope but I think JB Mazda might be able to do it for me. It's very noticeable when I sit in the causeway jam because of the long idling. 

My aircon is still as cold as ever. 

It's overall a good car, just minor issues that needs sorting out and I'm still sorting these with TEK as we speak. It's a balance of wanting to be the first to try out new technology and suffer the small issues vs a car with proven old and reliable tech. Just unfortunate that TEK is a bit off the mark when it comes to aftersales and my weird attraction to AD workshops means I'm still paying them to take care of my car although the lure of JB AD is getting stronger. 

• Praise 2

Iirc mz2 hb is 44L tank..

I drove to 0 before.. and pump.. still can pump in 39+L... So reserve at 0 is 4+ L... Good for 50-60 km... If u want to push it.....

normally wat RON u top-up?

• Praise 1

normally wat RON u top-up?

The manual says minimum 95, which is fine. I filled 95 when the car was new, felt it's not as smooth and powerful as 98. So I've been on 98 since then. 

• Praise 1

They will solve that idling problem for your Mz2.

I don't switch my istop off but I don't let it kick in (don't step the brake all the way) if I know the traffic light is a short wait. This rpm fluctuating has been irritating me recently and I'm still monitoring. Just passed the 20k mark, so I guess that's when the vibrations become more noticeable when the rpm falls too low. It doesn't stall the car as it will go back up again. I want to ask TEK if they're able to reprogram the ECU to prevent the rpm from dropping too low, like what they've done on the 1st gen Mz3s according to that thread. Given their pattern, I'm not having much hope but I think JB Mazda might be able to do it for me. It's very noticeable when I sit in the causeway jam because of the long idling. 

It's overall a good car, just minor issues that needs sorting out and I'm still sorting these with TEK as we speak. It's a balance of wanting to be the first to try out new technology and suffer the small issues vs a car with proven old and reliable tech. Just unfortunate that TEK is a bit off the mark when it comes to aftersales and my weird attraction to AD workshops means I'm still paying them to take care of my car although the lure of JB AD is getting stronger. 

Once you go jb do servicing, your car warranty may be gone
  • Praise 1

Once you go jb do servicing, your car warranty may be gone

Yeah no worries. Mine is the first few batches of the Skyactiv range, late 2015. Warranty expired last year. Have been servicing at AD all these while with no major issues but I've experienced their bo chap attitude when it comes to diagnosing reported problems, and it's common problems which have been reported in this thread, so I'm quite sure I'm not the first customer to report the same problem and neither will I be the last. 3 testers to test the car on different occasions, I bang table, then they are willing to do but still waiting for parts. 

No intention of selling and I intend to drive until 10 years because it was bought during the high COE period, unless my needs change where I need a bigger car. It's a good car but the AD is a letdown. It's a decent all rounder, city car but stable and comfortable for my occasional NSHW trips too. Not easy to find such cars in this segment. Although it's the first gen Skyactiv, I think it will be able to last until 10 years without major issues, just the usual wear and tear. 

• Praise 1

As you know, the sheer volume of car that the AD mechs have to do is overwhelming. A lot of time is needed to troubleshoot issues, and these guys do not work OT, that’s why they have a tendency to brush off the issue and tell you its normal.

This will happen in all ADs, not just TEK. People are rushing to leave on the dot.  If the management can change their behaviour, it is only through paying them overtime. Then I can tell you the mech attitude will change.

You will see the willingness of them willing to go the extra mile.

However there will be some who are not interested in the OT. They stay in JB and want to rush home asap

Yeah no worries. Mine is the first few batches of the Skyactiv range, late 2015. Warranty expired last year. Have been servicing at AD all these while with no major issues but I've experienced their bo chap attitude when it comes to diagnosing reported problems, and it's common problems which have been reported in this thread, so I'm quite sure I'm not the first customer to report the same problem and neither will I be the last. 3 testers to test the car on different occasions, I bang table, then they are willing to do but still waiting for parts. 

No intention of selling and I intend to drive until 10 years because it was bought during the high COE period, unless my needs change where I need a bigger car. It's a good car but the AD is a letdown. It's a decent all rounder, city car but stable and comfortable for my occasional NSHW trips too. Not easy to find such cars in this segment. Although it's the first gen Skyactiv, I think it will be able to last until 10 years without major issues, just the usual wear and tear. 

Wah you very good liao. I never went back to TEK for any servicing other then the free 10K one.

Wah you very good liao. I never went back to TEK for any servicing other then the free 10K one.

Yeah if you followed my posts, I've a certain obsession for AD because I had bad experience with outside workshops before on my previous car. 

After so many years with AD, it becomes very hard for me to break that psychological barrier to let outside workshops take care of my car and I treat paying the premium at AD as part of car ownership, where I can expect a certain standard and can trust them. I still do certain things like battery and tyre change outside, since the AD will pull out obvious faults if there's poor workmanship. 

↡ Advertisement