Sarawak Registration Plate

Palmer

I saw a Toyota Innova that bears QR plate with Malaysia road tax sticker. A quick check reveals that it was a Sarawak registered car.

I am toying with the idea of driving my car to East Malaysia for a road trip. Anybody knows how or done it before? Should be by ferry, right?

Cheers [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

I saw a Toyota Innova that bears QR plate with Malaysia road tax sticker. A quick check reveals that it was a Sarawak registered car.

I am toying with the idea of driving my car to East Malaysia for a road trip. Anybody knows how or done it before? Should be by ferry, right?

Cheers [flowerface]

huh??? bro.....don't think there's such a service for car ferry from west malaysia to sarawak :blink:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Cheers [flowerface]

I think you need to send your car there by container. 😁 Edited by Doppel

Turbocharged

huh??? bro.....don't think there's such a service for car ferry from west malaysia to sarawak :blink:

Then the question is, how did the car from Sarawak get here?

Then the question is, how did the car from Sarawak get here?

That was what I was thinking. It's parked at my car park downstairs.

Googled a bit on ferry and stuff but didn't get any answer. Should have waited a while in my car and ask the driver if he appears.

(edited)

By container at least a few grand... Usually from Port Klang>East. Might as well rent a car there [grin]

Edited by Holdenutessv
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Cheers [flowerface]

many months ago saw a QR plate at Alexandra Hosp carpark,

very new, something like a SUV. was tempted to take a photo but was scared lah.

probably, owner is working/living here and had it shipped over.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Oh i checked my photos. It was a shiny red Kia Sportage bearing QLB plate.

Think better not post the photo, owner may be here, haha

Oh i checked my photos. It was a shiny red Kia Sportage bearing QLB plate.

Think better not post the photo, owner may be here, haha

Maybe could be an expatriate from Sabah whom was posted to KL and maybe they get to bring over almost all their furniture (and maybe car too) as it must have been expensive for sure (considering how cheap cars are in Malaysia, actually) for this car being not a very high end one too.

Can they register Sarawak plate in another state?

....err its still one country leh, i think no need to register just like as if a JB registered car is driving in Ipoh ... long term repercussion.... not sure.... like summons....etc

Supersonic

....err its still one country leh, i think no need to register just like as if a JB registered car is driving in Ipoh ... long term repercussion.... not sure.... like summons....etc

I mean if they can register the sarawak car plate in KL, if can then the car can drive down to sg without any problem liao.

I mean if they can register the sarawak car plate in KL, if can then the car can drive down to sg without any problem liao.

doubt if they even need to re-register as it still is in one country registry, just like goods exported from Malaysia to Sabah/Sarawak dont have to pay duty too

↡ Advertisement